• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought a Series S...and I don't regret it one bit

This thread is more of a follow up to my 'I killed my PS4 Pro...and I don't regret it one bit'

Well, long story short. My Pro is still dead, its guts laying all over the TV cabinet and it's legs up in the air in an almighty spread to the Gods.
But soon It'll be joined by a Series S that's going to be asking questions of my unlucky friend of 3 years. I may not have all the answers but at least I can continue gaming cause the last few weeks I felt like a crackhead fresh into his first week of rehab.
If you were an unfortunate soul to pass by my house, you'd find me foaming at the mouth, bobbing back and forth in the corner of my room listening to ABBA.

I'd like to thank all Xbox guys/gals and fucking Catlady even for your support in moving to a new platform to try something different for a change. I still love Sony. I'll still get a PS5 but for now this little block of Styrofoam that can barely muster 1440p will have to do.

Now ya'll can kindly fuck off, I have a GamePass service to subcribe to

748616.jpg

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Great news, enjoy the console ! Take a look at all the BC games, there are some nice things (Xbox OG and 360).
When I got the XSX setup I went on a trip to memory lane (helped by the fact my OG Xbox and Xbox 360 discs are somewhere far and in God knows what state for some), looked at making space for the consoles on the cabinet (PS3 got the boot for now and so I wanted to see how many titles I would lose access to for a while, how many were available digitally for XSX) and coupled with the Christmas period discounts (which should have kept prices low)...

well...

... I am still impressed by the end result (got a lot of OG Xbox and Xbox 360 titles... will have to compile a list at some point for my own benefit). Not having enhanced PS3 BC was a mistake Sony...

Soodanim

I’ve never been an Xbox guy, so I could see myself enjoying all the BC. How’s the situation for Xbox/360/One games with Mr All Digital? Are they mostly available in the store at a reasonable price, or are you at the mercy of what gets put on Gamepass?

pasterpl

I’ve never been an Xbox guy, so I could see myself enjoying all the BC. How’s the situation for Xbox/360/One games with Mr All Digital? Are they mostly available in the store at a reasonable price, or are you at the mercy of what gets put on Gamepass?
there are lots of sales on bc titles, 2 months ago I have got myself all splinter cell games for $9.99 (Xbox store on the console)

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I have the S connected to an EX2510, it’s a fucking stunning little beast. You’ll be happy to know that I had a day off work yesterday and had Pro Evo 2021 running for over 12 hours simulating games (whilst I mopped up collectibles in Uncharted 4), it was still as silent at the end as it was the day I bought it. Not one single peep.

oy5QHe7.jpg

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean... as people have quite rightly pointed out on both threads the fact you made posts about it suggests the opposite.

I am looking at the S as a devices purely for emulation as I have a gaming PC with modern specs, but man I sure as hell would not want it for my primary console, it will be dropped in a year or two just like the connect, despite promises... just like the kinect. Devs are already grumbling about being forced to support it now, see what that's like in a few years time.

Last edited:
I have the S connected to an EX2510, it’s a fucking stunning little beast. You’ll be happy to know that I had a day off work yesterday and had Pro Evo 2021 running for over 12 hours simulating games (whilst I mopped up collectibles in Uncharted 4), it was still as silent at the end as it was the day I bought it. Not one single peep.

oy5QHe7.jpg
TopOJT.gif

I mean... as people have quite rightly pointed out on both threads the fact you made posts about it suggests the opposite.

I am looking at the S as a devices purely for emulation as I have a gaming PC with modern specs, but man I sure as hell would not want it for my primary console, it will be dropped in a year or two just like the connect, despite promises... just like the kinect. Devs are already grumbling about being forced to support it now, see what that's like in a few years time.
I'm sorry, what?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT

oy5QHe7.jpg

How small it is still surprises me.
z2Tc9pP.jpg

SkylineRKR

Its a good console from the outset. I think its the best one design and form factor wise. Fits everwhere underneath or next to the TV. Its also really fast and probably the most silent console ever. But it has otherwise no advantage over the X. Its a bit cheaper, sure. But for that you get a pathetic amount of storage (which I think is stupid to upgrade, as it propels the price above the X) and no disc drive.

You're better off getting an X. But an S on the side for emulation isn't a bad idea. I think I'll eventually replace mine with an X and keep it for that purpose. I don't think this system has a long lifespan, its too weak for that. We haven't even seen true next-gen releases on Xbox yet. The day the X gets a price drop is either the day they phase out the S, or they make it a dirt cheap entry device.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This thread is more of a follow up to my 'I killed my PS4 Pro...and I don't regret it one bit'

Well, long story short. My Pro is still dead, its guts laying all over the TV cabinet and it's legs up in the air in an almighty spread to the Gods.
But soon It'll be joined by a Series S that's going to be asking questions of my unlucky friend of 3 years. I may not have all the answers but at least I can continue gaming cause the last few weeks I felt like a crackhead fresh into his first week of rehab.
If you were an unfortunate soul to pass by my house, you'd find me foaming at the mouth, bobbing back and forth in the corner of my room listening to ABBA.

I'd like to thank all Xbox guys/gals and fucking Catlady even for your support in moving to a new platform to try something different for a change. I still love Sony. I'll still get a PS5 but for now this little block of Styrofoam that can barely muster 1440p will have to do.

748616.jpg

Better wait and get...

tenor.gif

Welp, nvm.

Stuart360

Series S plus Gamepass, would be a perfect second console for PS5 owners. Especially as all Xbox first party games will release on Gamepass.
Its pointless to PC gamers like me, but PS5 owners that have no intention of getting or gaming on PC, XSS is the perfect choice.

REDRZA MWS

748616.jpg
Enjoy it, my friend. Gaming is fun.

MistBreeze

lacking great new games these times and nothing note worthy to talk about make people write the weirdest threads

you can explain how u enjoy your console as a reply in relevant threads

but if everybody bought a console write a thread about it the board will be lame

HotPocket69

Banned
OP needed a gaming machine post haste after breaking his Pro and the Series S was clearly the only system available to buy. Or that he could afford.

You can smell the regret from here. I love when threads are made to help justify a bad purchase 🙂

“P-p-please tell me I did the right thing.”

Last edited:
How small it is still surprises me.
z2Tc9pP.jpg

Like, I get that the Series S is relatively small, especially compared to its siblings from previous gen, but some people, not you especially, act like they've never seen a Gamecube, let alone a PS2 Slim. They were imo much more impressive, relative to their power.

Like, I get that the Series S is relatively small, especially compared to its siblings from previous gen, but some people, not you especially, act like they've never seen a Gamecube, let alone a PS2 Slim. They were imo much more impressive, relative to their power.
Wii U was also one extremely small and sleek console, and more powerful than a PS3 or 360.

Top Bottom