• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought myself a $30 BBQ meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
I'll never understand the love of ribs or wings. Junk tier meat.

Wings are small on meat but perfectly fine.

It's a chicken not a whole cow. There is a limited amount of different pieces that you can get and most of them are pretty similar other than the breast.

Thighs are king because it's the perfect combo between the amount of meat and the ability to stay moist.

breakfuss

Ribs are good, but I don't like eating them a ton. We have them about once a week or so.

I can't post my supper because it's in my stomach already. But I had:

very mild Italian sausages with buns
corn on the cob
garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette
ice cream sandwich

How is eating ribs once a week not a lot?

Creamed corn? The fuck?!

Edit: when it's BBQ time, my corn better be on a cob.

Lol yea I know I want that person to come back and explain themselves.

Fusebox

Banned
But seriously, what's with the oven trays? Did the food get delivered in over trays or does OP use oven trays as plate substitutes?!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah no sides. Trying not to eat much carbs haha

Don't let these people beat you on the head about sides.

Good BBQ absolutely does not require sides. Hell, Smitty's meat market in Lockhart, Texas didn't even sell sides until the last few years and they've been around for decades.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
No healthy food, that's not a good dinner. Should have got a coleslaw.

Kyne

your dinner beats mine.

but still.

mine is pretty tasty.

O1C5j5X.jpg

you couldn't be more wrong if you had said that the only good steak is well done steak....

Yeah. Fuck that noise. Different flavored wings with beer is the greatest combo ever. Plus, all that protein, breh.

brb eating wings to gain mass and strength.
brb looking swole from wings.
brb repeat the same process all over again.

Chris R

BLIm9ha.jpg

Franklin's BBQ. This wasn't tonight's dinner, but was my lunch a few months back.

Next time I make it to Austin I'll just wake up extra early and go to Franklin's one day.

Attempted it back in 2012 but I was too late to the place by probably half an hour, didn't even try last October (didn't have the time really).

I got myself a whole rack of spare wet ribs and a pound of brisket and am washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that you all aren't here eating BBQ foooooooood.

Post your dinner, cause it's not better than mine.

image.jpg

Joke aside. I'm at Martins BBQ. This is friggen delicious!

Ribs are $18.50 and the brisket was $13.00

I can't even imagine the fat and calorie count for that for one person

Ribs are good, but I don't like eating them a ton. We have them about once a week or so.

What is "eat a ton" for you? Eating everyday?

Iorv3th

Too much sauce on those ribs for me, but man you are going to feel terrible after eating all of that.

Too much for one meal.

Furyous

I drop $60 on Quiznos and ate all of it.

I dare anyone to shame me over this. BRING ON THE SHAME AND SHAME ME BRO.

OP don't feel bad at all because sometimes it is hard to choose between ribs and brisket.

Pardon my shitty presentation/layout, but after getting a half pound of brisket, some pulled pork, a sausage, chipotle slaw and potato salad, I snapped this and ate.

The above was from a trip to Austin, but rather than wait forever at Franklin's (some other day), I waited an hour and a half at La Barbecue. Each bite of brisket was like DIVINE. They ran out of beef ribs by the time I ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom