• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just found the best youtube channel to listen to videogame OSTs

I thought everybody knew about Gilvasunner by now. I remember before when he went by SilverGunner and then people put that edited Hitler video when YouTube closed his last account.

My go to for Nintendo OSTs. Wish he put Final Fantasy soundtracks on his channel.

Azuardo

Thought it would be him lol.

A tribute account to my original SilvaGunner account, which sadly got inevitably banned. Amazing his account is still going tbh. I didn't have the motivation or time to carry on after mine was terminated :/

I thought everybody knew about Gilvasunner by now. I remember before when he went by SilverGunner and then people put that edited Hitler video when YouTube closed his last account.

My go to for Nintendo OSTs. Wish he put Final Fantasy soundtracks on his channel.

Original SilvaGunner was myself. I got banned. Not long later, the guy behind Gilva asked my permission to create a tribute channel, which is still amazingly going.

I used to have tons of FF on my channel. It's the copyrighted FF/KH tunes that got my plug pulled.

Also, yes, I shamelessly didn't fully check out the links to see the account in question is a clone account of my tribute account..! Fooled like the rest of you, hah.

Shimesaba

Someone correct me on this, but I think his original channel was called SilvaGunner, and he changed to the current one after getting a ton of copyright strikes. I remember being surprised that he stopped having trouble after the channel switch.

EDIT: Just saw the post two above mine, I'm totally wrong :V

So what's the general GAF position on soundtracks uploaded to youtube, and inevitably ripped from youtube to mp3? This is just piracy, correct?

blamite

A truly amazing channel, nothing but the highest quality rips, directly from the games.

The Rhythm Heaven rips in particular are particularly great.

OP you really could've picked some better examples. ;)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ive known about gilvasunner ever since he was timmyturnersdad and got his channel tooken down and became silvagunner and got that one tooken down and became gilvasunner

shiyrley

Banned

A tribute account to my original SilvaGunner account, which sadly got inevitably banned. Amazing his account is still going tbh. I didn't have the motivation or time to carry on after mine was termindated :/

Original SilvaGunner was myself. I got banned. Not long later, the guy behind Gilva asked my persmission to create a tribute channel, which is still amazingly going.

I used to have tons of FF on my channel. It's the copyrighted FF/KH tunes that got my plug pulled.
Had no idea about this, I hope this one stays.

Azuardo

Ive known about gilvasunner ever since he was timmyturnersdad and got his channel tooken down and became silvagunner and got that one tooken down and became gilvasunner

Hmm not quite. It's amazing how different stories get passed around the internet lol.

You're right in that timmyturnersdad is GilvaSunner, but SilvaGunner was a different person (myself). Explained above.

woopWOOP

It's great. It's where I got the OST's of obscure NES games nobody else bothers uploading.

Probably a matter of time before that channel's gone again tho.
e: Oh, it's a tribute channel? Huh! Well thanks for uploading that stuff before, Azuardo :)

ChrisD

A tribute account to my original SilvaGunner account, which sadly got inevitably banned. Amazing his account is still going tbh. I didn't have the motivation or time to carry on after mine was termindated :/

Original SilvaGunner was myself. I got banned. Not long later, the guy behind Gilva asked my persmission to create a tribute channel, which is still amazingly going.

I salute you, good man, for being 90% of my early Youtube days.

foxuzamaki

Someone correct me on this, but I think his original channel was called SilvaGunner, and he changed to the current one after getting a ton of copyright strikes. I remember being surprised that he stopped having trouble after the channel switch.

EDIT: Just saw the post two above mine, I'm totally wrong :V
edit: it appears im slightly wrong

Azuardo

Had no idea about this, I hope this one stays.

Yeah, I'm guessing he's learnt from my mistakes and avoided Square Enix type stuff - particularly the official JP licensed songs.

Lots of rumours did the fly during and after I was uploading. GS did have on his channel for a while he was a tribute channel to me, but it isn't so obvious any more.

Azuardo

I salute you, good man, for being 90% of my early Youtube days.

Totally. Was a pretty awesome time. Think I was doing it for a good two years at least. Was gutted when it all came to an end. Killed my motivation to start again lol.

the mashups are bad but the melody replacements using the games's soundfonts and shit like looping buildup and fucking with the vocals are v.good

looking forward to the long game when people start accidentally linking these thinking they're posting the original

SilvaGunner has been around for quite a while. I believe this is his second channel since his other one got shut down. Edit: Oh, they're two different people? I just thought GilvaSunner was your alt. And I didn't know you posted here.

Him and SupraDarky seem to have everything when it comes to VG OSTs.

foxuzamaki

Hmm not quite. It's amazing how different stories get passed around the internet lol.

You're right in that timmyturnersdad is GilvaSunner, but SilvaGunner was a different person (myself). Explained above.
Have you tried asking him to try uploading xenoblade and the last story music?

blamite

the mashups are bad but the melody replacements using the games's soundfonts and shit like looping buildup and fucking with the vocals are v.good

looking forward to the long game when people start accidentally linking these thinking they're posting the original

MGS2's Yell Dead Cell already has the top search result :D

Azuardo

Have you tried asking him to try uploading xenoblade and the last story music?

I'm not in contact with him. I've dropped a tweet and possibly an inbox message to him before, saying it's cool how the tribute channel to my original account is still going and stuff, but got no response. I don't know where or if he replies to people?

Great channel, mind. Looking back, I wish I could have kept it going again, but it was a huge time hog. Props that he's stuck at it and managed to avoid the bans.

shiyrley

Banned
Guys, is no one looking closely at the channel the OP linked? All his videos are weird remixes and not what you'd expect... it seems this channel is called "GiIvasunner" with a capital i for an L?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLSj_118KFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1V63GRnR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymNlgls6v4

Kind of a cool idea for a channel, but I'm surprised no one in this thread has looked too closely?
Mm?
Are you lying for some reason in particular, or...?

blamite

um

I don't think some of you guys actually listened to the links

Guys, is no one looking closely at the channel the OP linked? All his videos are weird remixes and not what you'd expect... it seems this channel is called "GiIvasunner" with a capital i for an L?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLSj_118KFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY1V63GRnR0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymNlgls6v4

Kind of a cool idea for a channel, but I'm surprised no one in this thread has looked too closely?

Shhhhhh!!!

I'm so torn between enjoying the fact that nobody has noticed for contributing to the meta-joke of the channel, or being really frustrated that it's going so unappreciated. Or maybe everybody else is just way more committed to the bit to the point that they know exactly what's int he links but just aren't letting on at all... this whole thing is so confusing...

Stopdoor

Shhhhhh!!!

I'm so torn between enjoying the fact that nobody has noticed for contributing to the meta-joke of the channel, or being really frustrated that it's going so unappreciated. Or maybe everybody else is just way more committed to the bit to the point that they know exactly what's int he links but just aren't letting on at all... this whole thing is so confusing...

I gotta point it out, these are actually too good the more I look at them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iZAsDHhKk

Whelp that was certainly something

Went until Bayonetta until I realized the trap had been sprung :p the attack on titan just seems like a bad loop or something at first

Oh that was you! I remember using your channel for FF/KH tracks all the time. Was a sad day when you got axed.

Nachos

You're silly. Why would you lie to me?

Haha, welp

6deafd634173ebca02c07da6193bce61.png

(bottom one is clearly the joke account)

Top Bottom