• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just got a Kinect for my 360...now what?

Ouroboros

So I just got a Kinect with my replacement 360 for when my OG passes away. Can KinectGAF recommend me the must play games for the Kinect? I didn't pay any attention to motion controls last generation, so I'm coming in with 0 knowledge on the subject.

Thanks!

robotrock

Banned
Child of Eden is so good. I hear it might be better with a controller but I needed to justify my Kinect purchase so I just played it with that exclusively. Great game.

EmiPrime

I couldn't get any of the Kinect games to work satisfactorily enough to save it from being banished back to its box but if you only try one game make it Child of Eden.

dlauv

Get some doofy shit like I did:

Free Riders, Rise of Nightmares, Steel Battalion.

And a good game like I did:

Child of Eden.

These games are so cheap now.

Pif

Banned
Kinect Sports Table Tennis is actually cool and more responsive than Wii Sports 1, that came out without the wiimotion plus.

celsowmbr

Banned
Try this hidden gem:

D_Q_NP_430125-MLB25375429613_022017-Q.jpg

and if you have kids:

Kinect-Party_XBLA-Kinect.jpg

Child of Eden is fantastic.

I really enjoyed Leedmees It's like Lemmings (simple AI which needs to get to the exit door), but your body is part of the stage that they can walk on, or smoosh them if you accidentally step on them or move too fast.

TheYanger

the dance central games and child of eden are all I'd heartily recommend, I'm sure there's other stuff worht experimenting with.

Ouroboros

Thanks for the replies so far. I understand the poking fun, but when you get a chance to buy a sealed Xbox 360 s with a Kinect bundle for $100. You don't pass it up.

kendrid

Banned
For all the hate there were some decent games. Sort of.

Hole in the Wall is actually fun. If you aren't familiar with the gameshow look it up on Youtube.

Wipeout was fun.

Kinect Adventures.

A friend put a hole in my basement ceiling with his head playing volleyball in Kinect Sports. Pro tip: you don't need to jump that high.

Shifty

Commence the buyer's remorse.

??? That is a Playstation first party IP.
It's also the american version of Takeshi's Castle or other such "hundreds of unwitting constestants fail an assault course" shows.

The amount of times I've gotten excited for slick AG racing only to be greeted with goofy slapstick instead. Pah.

I worked on this a few years back:

was really good fun to work on, but probably not that amusing for more than a couple of minutes for anyone else ;)

hiphopcr

JVdKCi2.jpg

Happy Action Theater by Double Fine (eventually updated and re-branded as Kinect Party) is by far the greatest interactive kids game ever made, and it's not even close.

This game was running 24/7 at my house for years and my wife still gripes about the lack of it on X1 to this day.

JVdKCi2.jpg

Happy Action Theater by Double Fine (eventually updated and re-branded as Kinect Party) is by far the greatest interactive kids game ever made, and it's not even close.

This game was running 24/7 at my house for years and my wife still gripes about the lack of it on X1 to this day.
Don't listen to these...people.

Kinect was cool. Get Kinect Sports series 1 and 2.
Kinect Sports (1 and 2), Kinect Party and Kinect Adventures are great. The downloadable Kinect Sports games (Gems?) are cool, too. The games which tried to integrate more sophisticated use of the Kinect I didn’t care for but games that just require basic (aka “easy to track”) movements are good fun.

Top Bottom