• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just noticed that Spaceballs is free on Amazon Prime Video

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I know what I'm doing for the next 90 minutes.

giphy.gif

200w.webp

giphy.webp

edit: linky

Last edited:
Amazon Prime is something that holds immense value considering I only pay for the reduced shipping and get tons of amazing shit for free. I think a month or two ago, the new Suspiria and Under the Silver Lake were on there too. So was Coppola's "the conversation".

Also, the Sopranos and the wire are on amazon prime, like, arguably the two best shows to ever be on tv, without any special extra subscription to HBO.

Anymore, I find if you're not particular, you can find amazing movies/tv for free everywhere. Even tubi app and crackle are giving away awesome 70s/80s/90s movies for free. In that regard, it's a wonderful time to be alive for cinemaphiles.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
That sucks. VPN to the rescue?
Don’t think it works with Prime Video (At least not in Canada) but it has so many great movies on there. I don’t understand why they can’t make an app with good discoverability that works. It seems like people don’t understand how good Prime Video is because of the movies they choose to advertise On the tiles.

I use Justwatch.com and search for a movie to see what services I can find a movie on, plus I always monitor the new to see what movies were just added.

Last edited:
There's like a million movies free with prime. It amazes me people still pay for shitty netflix. Gotta watch those modern day c-tier movies though I guess.

Sausage Party is free on Netflix but you have to pay for it on Prime.

Netflix can have some decent stuff. It is good to have options.

Gargus

Banned
There's like a million movies free with prime. It amazes me people still pay for shitty netflix. Gotta watch those modern day c-tier movies though I guess.

Prime has some great movies. Especially surprised by 70s and 80s stuff really. Once I find one like savage island that I watched I look down at the other movies like it and surprised st what I find. It's been a treasure trove of old exploitation and horror movies for me.

Between it and tubi app and Pluto app and adult swim app which are all free on my fire stick I have more shit to watch than I'm able.

He laughed so hard at comb the desert he gave himself hiccups. I thought he was going to pee his pants, we had to pause it.

I forgot what movies were already mentioned in the other thread, but in the same spirit I'd suggest:

UHF, The Three Amigos, The Naked Gun, PeeWee's Big Adventure, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Last edited:

V2Tommy

I saw Spaceballs before I ever saw Star Wars. You can imagine how much impact was lost on the humour and how much less entertaining the real thing was.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
OMG my son is laughing his ass off at this. It’s his style of humor, with all the puns and 4th wall breaks.

I thought he would like it, but he likes it way more then I expected.
That's fantastic :)

Did he understand the references? Have you been a good father and forced him to catch up on the last 40 years of pop culture?

Pejo

I made my GF watch this a few weeks ago when I saw it pop up on Prime, she had never watched it before.

I was still able to quote nearly every line (to myself, I'm not one of those dudes). What a classic.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Pizza the Hut

There goes the neighborhood

merchandising merchandising

I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick in the book

And we can go on and on and on.

Classic movie.
"Funny, She doesn't look Druish"

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?
Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?
Sandurz: We just passed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.
Sandurz: We can’t.
Dark Jelmet: Why not?
Sandurz: We already passed it.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Sandurz: Soon.

cryptoadam

Banned
"Funny, She doesn't look Druish"

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?
Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?
Sandurz: We just passed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.
Sandurz: We can’t.
Dark Jelmet: Why not?
Sandurz: We already passed it.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Sandurz: Soon.

Colonel Sandurz Classic!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Michael Winslow doing the sound effects for the radar w his mouth is so good.

Also the theme song is the best. The Spinners rule so hard.

It’s a shame we were spoiled by the 80s great movie themes, nobody seems to be able to pull that off anymore.

If my wife didn’t use the Netflix account we have it would be gone already. I never use it anymore. Other than mindhunter there’s simply nothing on there that appeals to me.

Kagey K

Banned
That's fantastic :)

Did he understand the references? Have you been a good father and forced him to catch up on the last 40 years of pop culture?

He is fairly well versed. I’m trying to fill it In without coaching him on how he should feel, but he tells me often he feels like he was born in the wrong time.

I then explained to him we couldn’t watch this on demand or streamed through the internet when we were kids, we rented it, we saw it live or we waited for the reruns.

If you wanted to see the Simpsons you were home on Sunday night at 9, no exceptions.

So he promised me if he ever gets to travel back through time he will bring me on demand streaming when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom