• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just turned 30 and don't feel anything

Pakoe

Gold Member
The title sounds kinda depressing but it's not lol.

I'm at the best point of my life and it feels like it's going to keep on getting better.
It just didn't feel like anything special to be honest. But then again, I don't know what else i could've expected.

Where my fellow 90 kids at? How did you celebrate and feel when turning 30?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Turned 30 last year.
Not much of a difference either way. Though, since fellow 25 to 30 year olds being Instactivists and going over a fuss over every societal thing today makes me appreciate my individuality.

I also couldn't celebrate 30 due to COVID.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only 25 and I already feel that way. I haven't really done anything for my Birthday since I was like 18. I just don't care for it enough, I guess. I'd rather chill alone on the day, and play video games.

Might sound depressing, but never found partying appealing at all.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
So what do you do when it's not your birthday?
Paramount Network Kelly GIF by Yellowstone

I'm a loner introvert with social anxiety. I don't get out much. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
If you're a man your body is going to start deteriorating now and it'll take progressively more work to keep in shape from here on out.
I've heard that. I don't really take care of myself, and just eat what I want. I'm actually skinny, but I don't work out aside from going on walks. Definitely going to start going to the Gym when they open up safely again. Feel like I need to. Will get me out of my comfort shell as well.

Soodanim

The only thing you “Feel” when you’re 30 is that it doesn’t feel like you thought it would feel. Based on how 30 feels, you now get to realise the following is probably coming:

40, where you think you’re 30 but your body is starting to betray you
50, where you start to look as old as you feel
60, where you realise you’re old now and twice as old as when you made this thread
70, where you’re retired and enjoying life in a new way because you’re getting too old for quite a few things like giving a shit
80, where you’re starting to contemplate death
90, where you’re wondering how you survived this long
100, which you won’t reach because you ate crap while you spent your younger, healthier years posting on GAF

And now you’re back in the present having an existential crisis because everyone who said life is too short was absolutely right and the rest of your life is going to happen very quickly.

Happy birthday!

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Why wait? There's excersises you can do at home right now with no equipment.
That's true. I guess just going to the Gym would be good for me. It would get me out of the house, in to a routine and I couldn't get distracted in there. It would just motivate me to work out.

I might look in to home workouts, though. Never really thought about it.

nush

Gold Member
That's true. I guess just going to the Gym would be good for me. It would get me out of the house, in to a routine and I couldn't get distracted in there. It would just motivate me to work out.

Start at home and you'll get more benefit when you do start at the gym, that you are paying for.

Ionian

30 is still young, time seems faster as you get older simply because of the routine of dealing with what you once thought was trivial.

Money, tax, kids, can't smoke a bong and just put on some banging tunes and drop an ecstasy tablet and rave all night.

Years fly by as you get older dealing with that shit, enjoy it dude. You're still young.

Just a new chapter to explore. That's all, embrace it.

Mossybrew

I feel like Ive said something similar in a number of threads but yeah, you are still young in your 30s and in the prime of life. Its not till you hit your late 40s that you start to feel that inevitable mortality slowly creeping up on you.

30 is still young. I partied most im my early 30s, got in my best ever shape. Aged most 35 - 37.

A figure won't do it, but you will feel old when you realise you prefer waking up without a headache and think to yourself "I think I will have a nice sit down."

Thats when to worry.

Mossybrew

I dont know where it gets into young peoples heads that 30 is "old" but it does seem fairly universal in our culture across generations. I remember working at Target when I was about 20 and this chick I kinda dug at one point told me she was 31 and it kinda blew my mind at the time.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Dude I still got carded when I was 35 lol. Don’t worry, the slow betrayal of your body over time is all but assured 👍
I still get mistaken for a teenager sometimes. Doesn't help I'm short and just wear hoodies a lot.

The day of my 30th birthday I finished driving a Uhaul across the country to Philadelphia and had the worse panic attack of my life realizing my mistake moving to such a horrible city. Luckily 4 years later I am about to correct that mistake and get the hell out of this trash dump of a city.

Last edited:

Pakoe

Gold Member
30 is still young, time seems faster as you get older simply because of the routine of dealing with what you once thought was trivial.

Money, tax, kids, can't smoke a bong and just put on some banging tunes and drop an ecstasy tablet and rave all night.

Years fly by as you get older dealing with that shit, enjoy it dude. You're still young.

Just a new chapter to explore. That's all, embrace it.
Thanks for these words, appreciate it.
30’s are your prime IMO.
It’s a time when everything you’ve worked towards can take proper action and if you haven’t worked towards anything up til this point then it’s a time where realisation sets in and you can start setting your goals.
After sleeping on it, this is how it feels yeah. Feelsgoodman.
Not sure what you expected.
By that age most people realize that age is just a number , just be glad you are happy and healthy
I most definitely am and I had no idea what to expect. But I'm gonna make the best out of my 30s.
Turned 30 last year.
Not much of a difference either way. Though, since fellow 25 to 30 year olds being Instactivists and going over a fuss over every societal thing today makes me appreciate my individuality.

I also couldn't celebrate 30 due to COVID.
Same here, celebrated at home and at my brothers place.
If you're a man your body is going to start deteriorating now and it'll take progressively more work to keep in shape from here on out.
Luckily i've been more motivated lately and have been in shape for most of my life. Should make it easier.

Please do. Try to get into it now and take it to the next level when you can hit the gym again. You'll feel better because you actually have an idea what to do.
Remember that everybody was a gym noob once and nobody cares how goofy you look.
I didnt feel it till i turned 35.
I don't know and at this point i'm afraid to ask...

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
I thought 30 would mean something. It really didn't.
35 that was my peak.

35-40 is where everything kinda came together. Career, physical shape etc..

Its kinda the spot where your beard finally grows perfect and you get dad strength. And if your lucky your not broke anymore but 'comfy'

Pakoe

Gold Member
Happy birthday bro. I'll be 30 this year as well. I don't feel any changes. I jerk off slightly less then in my 20's but that's about it in terms of changes.
Thank you and yeah, same.
I thought 30 would mean something. It really didn't.
35 that was my peak.

35-40 is where everything kinda came together. Career, physical shape etc..

Its kinda the spot where your beard finally grows perfect and you get dad strength. And if your lucky your not broke anymore but 'comfy'
Should be something to look forward to, unfortunately as an arab i had a full dad beard at 13.

SKM1

I noticed this started happening to me about a year ago. I'm almost 28.

I don't think there will be much difference when I'm 30. Actually I heard somewhere that men attain mental maturity at 28 and it is resonating with my experience. Things just start falling into place.

EDIT: Happy birthday OP. Enjoy.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
31 here. I can't handle alcohol the same as I did in my 20's. I get massive hangovers now.

I do feel like an adult, which I didn't in my 20's.

My knees hurt a bit if I walk to much, it didn't happen at 29, but then, again, I'm fat as fuck.

I'm finally being conscious about my health and eating cleaner and better. I intend to get fit again.

It's been great so far, I do feel like I'm aging, though.

Ememee

The title sounds kinda depressing but it's not lol.

I'm at the best point of my life and it feels like it's going to keep on getting better.
It just didn't feel like anything special to be honest. But then again, I don't know what else i could've expected.

Where my fellow 90 kids at? How did you celebrate and feel when turning 30?

Yeah, 30 didn’t feel like anything “pivotal” or anything. Not that I think I have my life together or anything. Almost three years later though and you definitely feel that stretch where..yeah being “old” starts to creep up on you. On both the bad and the good ways.

Top Bottom