• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I liked the PS5 at first. But now-because of these 2 things- I REALLY like it!

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I've had the PS5 for 3 days now and I dig it.

I dug it 5 minutes after I plugged it in. It's very cool. No doubt it's a great system.

However, after the first 2 days, I expected- like all new tech- the 'wow, this is so new and cool!' feeling would start to fade. And it did. No problem. Always occurs.

But even with that, I found myself-even with a number of games I'm loving on PC right now (PRODEUS is amazing!!!)- unable to stop going back to the PS5.

So I was curious why.

Demon's Souls and Sackboy are great games, but I'd played lots of games like them before. Why were these particular games- for me at least- so damn sticky?!?

And then I realized: OHHHHH, it's THESE 2 things that are keeping me glued to my PS5!

So, you know, I made a video about it.

As one does :)...

EDIT:

Oh lord, some of y'all. HERE

#1- Trophy system on cards is a game changer.
#2- SSD when it comes to putting you back into hard games after death is a game changer.

Bye.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Oh lord, you guys.

It's a fucking video.

Click it or don't.

I don't do click bait.

At least click bait as rational people define it.

Is it a video with a title meant to get you interested enough to click? Sure.

That's not click bait. That's sales and marketing.

Click Bait is a lie. Click Bait is: click here to see photos of the brand new PS6!!!!

And then you click it and it's a picture that someone drew of what they THINK the PS6 will look like.

My post and video is LITERALLY what it says it is.

Not a problem if you don't click it, but learn the proper definition of click bait before you accuse people of doing such trickery.

Thank you:)

Jaffe

bender

What time is it?
Oh lord, you guys.

It's a fucking video.

Click it or don't.

I don't do click bait.

Click Bait is a lie. Click Bait is: click here to see photos of the brand new PS6!!!!

And then you click it and it's a picture that someone drew of what they THINK the PS6 will look like.

Not a problem if you don't click it, but learn the proper definition of click bait before you accuse people of doing such trickery.

Jaffe

These message boards are for discussion, not promoting your d-tier Youtube channel.

Section E

Last edited:

trikster40

Good video, glad you’re sticking with demons Souls! It’s very rewarding once things start clicking for you, and it is probably the easiest of the souls games.

the_master

Oh lord, you guys.

It's a fucking video.

Click it or don't.

I don't do click bait.

Jaffe
You made a thread to make people eexpect to see what are this two things. But instead you just want us to click on the video.

It is a waste of time.

Now if you had told us this 2 things, and then added the video to go more in depth, that would had been perfect.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
You made a thread to make people eexpect to see what are this two things. But instead you just want us to click on the video.

It is a waste of time.

Now if you had told us this 2 things, and then added the video to go more in depth, that would had been perfect.

Ok, that's a fair point. Never occurred to me.

I made the change to the post so now it lists the two things.

Thanks.

Oh lord, you guys.

It's a fucking video.

Click it or don't.

I don't do click bait.

Jaffe
It definitely is click bait. "Here's 2 reasons why I love PS5". Click into the thread. But watch this random video to find out. Get fucked.

Beelzebubs

Everyone seems grouchy in here today. If people can advertise their Twitch streams in the menu then let the man post a video. He's edited his post to not be as clickbaity so if you don't want to watch it, don't click the link.

Yoboman

I agree

I've never been a completionist or trophy hunter

Mainly I've never had any interest in jumping online, figuring out what I've missed and what I need to do for a trophy

But the activity cards and speed of everything have totally flipped my perception. Being able to just jump to a part of a level, have a video available for hints if I need it and be able to do what I missed the first time is a massive hook

Absolutely love it and its not a feature I expected to use much

bender

What time is it?
Dude, I love this place.

But no lie, a good 25% of the people here are just dicks itching for a fight.

It's super gross.

Jaffe

I like you. I like the work you've done in the industry. I even like some of your video game coverage. If you want to be part of the community, interact with it...you know, outside of the threads you create. What you are doing in this thread is obvious and, as you put it, super gross.

Did everyone's dog piss on their cornflakes today?

Sheesh.

TRwZoi.gif

Last edited:
Man, after seeing your videos, I truly think that we would be really really good friends in real life. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, almost my opinion too.

Guilty_AI

The trophy thing seems cool, although i was never much of a trophy hunter and probably still wouldn't care.

The second point is a interesting case, i actually like the long load times to take some breaths if the game is too hard or intense. The only case where i see it helping me are the sorts of games where you can die almost immediately many times over

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well.

I watched the video.

And.

I couldn’t quite put my finger on some of the points in my brain that occurred to me. But then it came to me, and I realised I had a really great response to it.

So, I made a video on it, as one does. You’ll need to search for my YouTube channel though, and then watch the video. You’ll really like it.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
I like you. I like the work you've done in the industry. I even like some of your video game coverage. If you want to be part of the community, interact with it...you know, outside of the threads you create. What you are doing in this thread is obvious and, as you put it, super gross.

I'm not trying to HIDE it. I am posting videos I make so people will- indeed- click on them.

You'd rather someone come in here, play all bullshit coy, and lie in order to get you to watch their stuff?!?

I'm honest about it. I post here at times for sure, but yes, more often than not, I post videos in order to get people to see them and encourage discussion.

It's the same thing YOU do when you make a thread with a title that you think someone will click on.

But if what you're saying is the way of the world- and the majority and/or EvilLore wants me to stop- I'm more than happy to NOT interact with the community at all. Like I said, 75% of the crew here is great and interesting to talk to. But you 'think you're the alphas' (snicker) 'of a video game message board' types are fucking too much to put up with on the regular.

Later-

Radical_3d

Dude, I love this place.

But no lie, a good 25% of the people here are just dicks itching for a fight.

It's super gross.

Jaffe
I can’t believe I’d live to see the day that Jaffe replies to me. Good video, you lucky Americans. Europe is still in the previous generation and I can’t wait.

Reactions: MrS

Manus

I don't mind videos, give the man a break. I can put it on in the background and listen. Plus goes into more detail than his post.

Anyways nothing will top the looks of XMB imo.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: MrS

bender

What time is it?
I'm not trying to HIDE it. I am posting videos I make so people will- indeed- click on them.

You'd rather someone come in here, play all bullshit coy, and lie in order to get you to watch their stuff?!?

I'm honest about it. I post here at times for sure, but yes, more often than not, I post videos in order to get people to see them and encourage discussion.

It's the same thing YOU do when you make a thread with a title that you think someone will click on.

But if what you're saying is the way of the world- and the majority and/or EvilLore wants me to stop- I'm more than happy to NOT interact with the community at all. Like I said, 75% of the crew here is great and interesting to talk to. But you 'think you're the alphas' (snicker) 'of a video game message board' types are fucking too much to put up with on the regular.

Later-

If I click on your video, will you feel better?

Rolla

Banned
Seeing Demon's Souls load back into gameplay after each death "that" fast sold me on jumping back into the genre. I loved Bloodborne but after a while the long loading times means I played it less and less. And eventually, I stopped playing it without completing it which is rare for me.

I can't wait to jump back in. I'll probably BC the other soul games if/when their loading becomes fast.

Oh lord, you guys.

It's a fucking video.

Click it or don't.

I don't do click bait.

Jaffe

didn’t you recently say Sony is doomed because of Bethesda and GamePass?

:LOL:

Last edited:
Top Bottom