I cry about /r/pcmr because I'm insecure
- Mar 6, 2007
Builds will be updated as new components release, or when prices of components noticeably change.
9/5 Update: PSU upgraded Ampere, Ampere GPUs added.
Click Here to See Air Cooler Recommendations from Ascend . Thanks.
Personal choice so check out what else is available but here are some good fairly recent options.
Phanteks Eclipse P400A
Fractal Meshify S2
Thanks GHG this vid has a good selection of mice plus details how to choose a mouse
- TFT Central - The definative gaming Monitor review site
- Rtings.com - The best TV review site, excellent reviews for all uses but gaming is covered for each review. Also reviews monitors
- Panel Technologies (IPS vs. VA vs. TN)
- AA (Anti-Aliasing) and how it affects IQ (image quality)
- DisplayHDR Spec certified by VESA
- FreeSync vs G-Sync
- make sure it has HDMI(HDMI 2.0 or higher with HDCP2.2 for 4K), some older monitors are not supported.
- Budget 1080p monitors are good for all current and previous gen consoles.
- Xbox One X, Xbox Series X and PS5 support for 120 Hz PC Monitors.
- 4K Monitors can work well for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, but most monitors currently lack true HDR.
PC monitors today are pushing the boundaries.
ROG Swift PG258Q 1080p 240Hz 25 Inch
ACER CG437K 4K 144Hz 43 Inch
The Tech Report
Silent PC Review
MSI Afterburner (aka RivaTuner) allows you to manage GPU overclocking, fan speed/profiles and chart many aspects of your GPU.
CPU-Z - gathers information on your Motherboard, BIOS, CPU, FSB, VCORE voltage and memory timings.
GPU-Z gathers information (Speed, architecture, temps) on your video card and GPU.
Real Temp allows you to monitor the temperature of your CPU core(s).
HWInfo allows you to monitor fan speed, temperature, voltage, etc.
CrystalDiskMark Tests read and write speed of your hard drives.
OCCT allows you to stress test your CPU and GPU, along with GPU memory.
Prime95 allows you to stress test your CPU and RAM for stability.
FURMark allows you to stress test your video card.
Memtest86+ allows you to run a full memory scan to deal with the blue screen of death and system errors.