• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need to lose 24lbs in 2 months... how do I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I once lost 14 pounds in a week, just from riding my bike to college and eating close to nothing. Should be easy to do twice that in 2 months.

Paracelsus

I once lost 14 pounds in a week, just from riding my bike to college and eating close to nothing. Should be easy to do twice that in 2 months.

From personal experience of riding my bike all around the town for weeks I can tell you lost weight thanks to that "eating close to nothing". The worst part is keeping the weight down but yeah.

m@gic

I have read that short brutal exercise can really help achieve this.

Go nuts for about 10 minutes every hour and you will be on track.

Alot of actors do this kind of thing to get in shape for the role, maybe look into that?

Bollocks

thanks GAF I'll do the Insanity workout.
I'm not fat, actually I'm pretty fine with my weight but I always wanted to get more in shape, this workout seems like it's made for me. I love that it pushes to extreme limits I always went for the extra mile when I was younger and you can do the exercises just fine at home.
Will give it a shot.

Polyphonic

Neo Member
I don't understand how someone could go through their day with only 500 calories. I must eat at least 6000+ calories per day. Although its all rice + veggies + meat. I also do 2+ hours of intense swimming everyday. Haha :3

jorma

is now taking requests
Funnily enough, i use weed to great effect. Works a charm. But then again weed seems to work against any ailment i have.

jorma

is now taking requests
Doesn't weed cause increase the liklyhood of snacking?

miraculously enough it's also great if you need to gain weight =)

But seriously, i use it to lose weight. I just don't feel as hungry.

edit: i don't actually use it to lose weight, it's just a nice side effect

Phoenix

So its not gonna affect my diet if i did drink diet soda? good because its kinda hard for me to quit it altogether.

That was my issue as well. Going cold turkey is simply not sustainable long term IMO, so finding a good substitute is key. I've been able to lose weight with a change in habits that is sustainable over time. You just have to get better acquainted in what's in the food you eat ( from a nutrition perspective) if you want to lose weight and keep it off. After a while you'll know what stuff will add on weight and what won't.

ToxicAdam

I have found that almost any change in diet/lifestyle is going to result in 10-12 lbs coming off very fast. It's the next 10 that take work.

So, don't beat yourself up in the first month if you slip up or miss a day. It's all about building momentum.

Also, don't get too cocky when you take off that first 10. Don't let that fool you into thinking you are way ahead of schedule and don't need to be so diligent in your regiment.

tokkun

3rdman

Sorry for jumping in at the end here and I haven't read the thread...has anyone mentioned the Atkins diet? Last time I jumped on that, I dropped 30 pounds in a month and a half.

fanboi

Banned
Afaik, walking or slowrunning (long time) is the best way to lose weight, training wise.

Eat less carbs more natural food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom