• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I only play for money, I don't give a fuck about the fans: A Frogs Tribute thread

frogs.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frogs_(band)

The Frogs were an American rock music band founded in 1980, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, by brothers Jimmy and Dennis Flemion. The brothers mainly write and perform short, catchy pop songs, but they are also known for their improvised home recordings which are delivered in a comedic style, and often include controversial issues such as race, religion, and sexuality (notably homoeroticism). A history of strife has hindered the band, although a devoted fan base that includes many well-known musicians has supported the group.

Now, many people would consider the frogs to be absolute garbage and may look at some of their albums or song titles and call them idiots, racist, sexist, homophobic, homosexual, and so on. I have played the frogs for countless people and i would say 99% of the people i've played them for hate the band. But they are talented musicians and they have classic songs! Their Starjob album (produced by billy corgan under the name "Johnny Goat") is pretty awesome. A lot of their other albums have a bunch of hit or miss songs and some of their songs are just fucking stupid and lame. But not all! They just released a couple new albums on itunes as well (earlier in the spring)

Now for the awful news: Dennis Flemion tragically passed away yesterday when he drowned in a wisconsin lake. Really bummed me out last night when I read about it but that also provided the inspiration for creating the first ever neogaf thread about the Frogs!

I expect 99% of gaf to hate this band and that's ok, it's an acquired taste! lets remember the frogs fondly and post our favorite songs! Songs such as:

Raped

I Only Play 4 Money

Weird on the Avenue

Here Comes Santa's Pussy

Grandma Sitting in the Corner with a penis in her hand going "no no no no no"

Children Run Away (The Man with the Candy)

Homos

Sailors Board Me Now

I Don't Care if U disrespect me (Just so you love me) <--- you'll notice quite a familiar line in this song which Beck sampled :D

I'm Evil, Jack!

The Frogs mentioned on Conan in 1997!

Other great notable songs that aren't on youtube are Dead pussy in the road w/ mothers name on top and Lord Grunge (a song written about kurt cobain.... who was friends with the frogs!)

So you see for all these reasons and more lets praise the frogs for the wonderful band they are and hopefully the band they will continue to be! Rest in peace Dennis you beautiful bastard :(

Top Bottom