• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I really dislike DLCs that makes sure to show you that you're playing a DLC

balgajo

I was remembering the first time I played Skyrim with all the dlcs and I couldn't differentiate what was a DLC content and what was not. Really nice implementation.

Then there are other games like BOTW and the "ex" content, that makes sure all the time to remember you that you're playing DLC content. It really breaks immersion imo, and I can't help but feel that the added stuff shouldn't be there. Don't know if it bothers some of you people or if it's just an old guy mumbling.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I like how Mass Effect trilogy DLC worked in the legendary edition. It was just there and part of the overall story. It wasn't as great when it originally came out in the original versions because you pretty much had to play through the games again to enjoy it. It's a bit of a trade off I guess but I do like content that adds to the story.

junguler

Banned
i like for dlc to be a separate entry in the main menu or better yet be a separate download entirely, immersions be damned.

balgajo

I like how Mass Effect trilogy DLC worked in the legendary edition. It was just there and part of the overall story. It wasn't as great when it originally came out in the original versions because you pretty much had to play through the games again to enjoy it. It's a bit of a trade off I guess but I do like content that adds to the story.
Interesting...I'm yet to played Mass Effect but seems like what I'm talking about.

It's rare I'll play DLC anyway, unless it's a full, big expansion or if I bought it late and the dlc came included for free. So, I don't notice things like this.

Top Bottom