• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I really miss my wife...

GeorgPrime

Banned
Its really hard for me :( talking to my wife over video chat when daily and watching her sleep at night. Knowing that it might take another 4 months before we can start thinking about seeing each other again. We are already being apart since last year september. I really miss her. I know she is sad because we cant see each other in person due to corona but there is nothing we can do about it.

Her country has a hard anti-tourism stance at the moment... she can travel to me but she might be not able to go back. Her country even thinking of keeping tourism out for another 6 months. Her country suffers greatly but the people in power dont care. I get the feeling that there will be riots soon on the streets.

When i want to travel to her... i haev to spend at least 14 days in quarantine. Iam jobless at the moment due to corona... i could just go there for dont know one month and stay 2 weeks in quarantine but there are no planes travelling between my country and hers. I dont even get a Visa from by embassy to go there due to no planes.

Then again... all jobs i applicate tell you "Please be patient... due to corona application process may take longer than usual". One job always sends me messages where they tell me "Please continue to be patient due to corona we are still accessing all the applications and are not done yet. If you lose interest in the job you can take back your online application at our recruiting portal". A friend had to wait for 2 months until they told him that he can start working (due to corona)

Iam still stuck in the guestroom of my family because all the landlords who have free appartments dont want unemployed people. That really helps in times of corona when many people losing their jobs.

I cant stand the whole situation at the moment. I just tell myself everyday to be patient and keep calm but to be honest i just want to punch someones face.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Since she is your wife, is it really tourism though if you were to visit her?
Edit: missed the missing planes part.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Since she is your wife, is it really tourism though if you were to visit her?
Edit: missed the missing planes part.

The core problem is that there are no planes going to her country. It wouldnt be tourism in my case... .there is a huge group already protesting the government under the hashtag #loveisnottourism and they are starting to talk about it now on a political level but i guess before they have a solution its already too late.

Her country just doesnt want foreigner to come at the moment. "To Keep Covid 19 under control" because other countries opened up and have Covid problems again.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
The core problem is that there are no planes going to her country. It wouldnt be tourism in my case... .there is a huge group already protesting the government under the hashtag #loveisnottourism and they are starting to talk about it now on a political level but i guess before they have a solution its already too late.

Her country just doesnt want foreigner to come at the moment. "To Keep Covid 19 under control" because other countries opened up and have Covid problems again.
If her country is so bad wouldnt this be a good time to get out od there for good?

GeorgPrime

Banned
If her country is so bad wouldnt this be a good time to get out od there for good?

We are working on it.... but i lost my job and had to move back to germany into the guestroom of my family.... there are some financial problems to get her over here right now. And she works for the state. Quitting her job takes a while and she has to take care of some personal stuff like her cats. She needs to bring them over here too and that takes some money for blood tests and extra fees for the planes.

When we can start with her coming here she needs at least 2-3 months to prepare everything.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
We are working on it.... but i lost my job and had to move back to germany into the guestroom of my family.... there are some financial problems to get her over here right now. And she works for the state. Quitting her job takes a while and she has to take care of some personal stuff like her cats. She needs to bring them over here too and that takes some money for blood tests and extra fees for the planes.

When we can start with her coming here she needs at least 2-3 months to prepare everything.
Well, at least there seems to be a plan.
May I ask where she is from?

Blade2.0

I understand your plight. Really. But this answers your question of why it isn't happening. And also why it shouldn't.

GAMETA

Banned
Husband and wife living in different countries... that sounds really weird to me...

She doesn't live in Europe? Maybe you could travel by car/boat/train, I mean, Europe is not that big... even if we're talking about Eastern Europe or Asia, it's still doable.

Can't you live in "her" house (again, really weird concept to wrap around my traditional head), I mean, if you're married.

Just do what you gotta do to get to your girl, man... you're unemployed, it's not like there's anything holding you back (maybe money, but again, she's your wife, you guys don't share money?)

Reactions: MrS

GeorgPrime

Banned
Husband and wife living in different countries... that sounds really weird to me...

She doesn't live in Europe? Maybe you could travel by car/boat/train, I mean, Europe is not that big... even if we're talking about Eastern Europe or Asia, it's still doable.

Can't you live in "her" house (again, really weird concept to wrap around my traditional head), I mean, if you're married.

Just do what you gotta do to get to your girl, man... you're unemployed, it's not like there's anything holding you back (maybe money, but again, she's your wife, you guys don't share money?)

We married when i still worked in Switzerland. We had had our own company there. We developed an app. Then corona hit , the app was released and i was fired due to corona. Now the app is in the appstores but the company is... frozen?

We planned to move together after the Launch of the app.

Now i have to find a new appartment first in germany, have to find a new job first but everyhing takes weeks or months.

At the moment my brother developed another app and i help him selling it right now to restaurants. (we are already working with 10 restaurants).

We struck another deal just a few days ago in the medical sector with our app. If everything turns out to be enough i may able to work sometime later for my brother`s company and then it gets slowly better

Last edited:
Difficult, complex situation to say the least. I think it's doable if the both of you make sacrifices. How badly do you want to be together? Her cats for example, she could leave them with a friend, or family. They can always come later. She could sell and leave most of her things behind, tbh.

You should look for work asap. I'm sure you're already doing that, but I mean a job you wouldn't normally apply for until something better comes along. You need money now so it shouldn't matter. Like I said, if you both truly desire to be together, you can make it work.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Difficult, complex situation to say the least. I think it's doable if the both of you make sacrifices. How badly do you want to be together? Her cats for example, she could leave them with a friend, or family. They can always come later. She could sell and leave most of her things behind, tbh.

You should look for work asap. I'm sure you're already doing that, but I mean a job you wouldn't normally apply for until something better comes along. You need money now so it shouldn't matter. Like I said, if you both truly desire to be together, you can make it work.

I apply for everything fulltime right now. I did a lot of jobs in my past but most companies are looking for part time. I cant use part time or they will reduce my unemployment benefits and then i will lose money.

From Sales, over Customer Support to Business Development.

Last edited:
I apply for everything fulltime right now. I did a lot of jobs in my past but most companies are looking for part time. I cant use part time or they will reduce my unemployment benefits and then i will lose money.

Good luck, buddy. Don't give up.

GAMETA

Banned
We married when i still worked in Switzerland. We had had our own company there. We developed an app. Then corona hit , the app was released and i was fired due to corona. Now the app is in the appstores but the company is... frozen?

We planned to move together after the Launch of the app.

Now i have to find a new appartment first in germany, have to find a new job first but everyhing takes weeks or months.

At the moment my brother developed another app and i help him selling it right now to restaurants. (we are already working with 10 restaurants).

We struck another deal just a few days ago in the medical sector with our app. If everything turns out to be enough i may able to work sometime later for my brother`s company and then it gets slowly better

I mean, Switzerland is right under your country... are the borders closed for cars too?

Wasn't Germany helping its citizens during the pandemic? I remember reading something about Merkel planning on using funds to help companies keep their employees and supporting the unemployed...

But yeah, I understand it's not the time to stop if you have the chance of getting anything running. Good luck with the app, man! :)

Madflavor

Hopefully the two of you can take comfort in know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, especially with all the promising news of a vaccine lately. You'll get through it. It'll take time, and feel like forever. But years from now you'll look back on this moment and it'll all seem like a blur.

MSwbRiH.jpg

notseqi

I quit my job in february even though I did know about Corona coming in, found my dream job and started in june, also in germany. If I can do it, you can do it :)

One company jerked me around a bit but since I wasn't begging for work it also helps me to decide wether I want to work there or not. Hemming and hawing is not what I expect from the boss of a company worth their salt.

TheMan

Sorry bro, sounds tough. Maintaining long term relationships can be emotionally draining. You guys ever try masturbating together on video to keep the flame alive? Did your wife film herself perhaps? Not asking for a copy, just wondering. I mean, if you wanna send me a copy I wouldn’t say no but I’m not gonna pester you. Just saying that if a copy of that video exists and you want me to see it that’s totally fine, it’s cool. No pressure. I’d be doing you a favor actually.

God Enel

Brother, where in Germany are you looking for a place and where are you from? And if you developed an app, are you a programmer? Do you have a university degree?

edit: you’re living in Germany

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I don't know your particular circumstances OP but the notion that you can marry somebody who lives on another continent seems rather absurd to me.

He's already put a ring on it, any real life advice is now moot. But.. yeah...

Xplainin

Banned
Its really hard for me :( talking to my wife over video chat when daily and watching her sleep at night. Knowing that it might take another 4 months before we can start thinking about seeing each other again. We are already being apart since last year september. I really miss her. I know she is sad because we cant see each other in person due to corona but there is nothing we can do about it.

Her country has a hard anti-tourism stance at the moment... she can travel to me but she might be not able to go back. Her country even thinking of keeping tourism out for another 6 months. Her country suffers greatly but the people in power dont care. I get the feeling that there will be riots soon on the streets.

When i want to travel to her... i haev to spend at least 14 days in quarantine. Iam jobless at the moment due to corona... i could just go there for dont know one month and stay 2 weeks in quarantine but there are no planes travelling between my country and hers. I dont even get a Visa from by embassy to go there due to no planes.

Then again... all jobs i applicate tell you "Please be patient... due to corona application process may take longer than usual". One job always sends me messages where they tell me "Please continue to be patient due to corona we are still accessing all the applications and are not done yet. If you lose interest in the job you can take back your online application at our recruiting portal". A friend had to wait for 2 months until they told him that he can start working (due to corona)

Iam still stuck in the guestroom of my family because all the landlords who have free appartments dont want unemployed people. That really helps in times of corona when many people losing their jobs.

I cant stand the whole situation at the moment. I just tell myself everyday to be patient and keep calm but to be honest i just want to punch someones face.
The worst thing is knowing that she is most likely getting plowed by some other guy because you aren't there.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Be strong buddy! This too shall pass....I hope.

Also that is kickass Suikoden avatar (and name) you got. Are you as excited for Eiyuden Chronicle as I am?

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

I can feel you. Read your op and directly suspected Thailand and you confirmed it. My wife is also from Thailand and we had to cancel our holiday in April to visit her family. The really sad part is my parents in law can't see their second grand child for the first time. Currently we have a flight in October but this we will most likely cancel due their stupid quarantine rules and the fact that we need 4 negative (wife, kids plus me) covid test 72h before we fly which is nonsense...

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Feel you man. I haven't been with my wife since May end and it has been hard. Can only imagine your situation. Planning to drive (for 20 hours!) And bring her with me soon. Hopefully you also find some solution.

Alebrije

Both are fine this is the most important...there have been families separated for years due to political or economic causes ...the Wall in Germany,, cubans ,mexicans, jews...etc.

I Know is not the answer you want to hear bit at least you have a better chance to see her again on a shorter period also have phones, internet, video...to stay in contact that not existed before...

Top Bottom