• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Split My Head Open

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Went to a gig at the weekend with my friend - GZA from the Wu Tang Clan if you're interested, he was rubbish. So rubbish that we only had about 5 pints (not enough to warrant a fall) and left early to get more beers and hang out at the flat.

I step out of the taxi near home, take 3 steps, trip, and fall headfirst into the corner of a brick wall. Blood everywhere, and I mean everywhere - cuts above the eyes bleed a lot. Girlfriend in a taxi with me to A&E at about 11pm, I get out 5 hours later with 11 stitches and 17 staples in my head. Two enormous, super deep cuts in zigzag shapes, which should leave a couple of gnarly scars. Had a CAT scan (turns out I'm not a cat), no major damage whatsoever. I'm totally fine, just taking it easy. NHS staff were wonderful as always, one of the only good things we have left in this joke of a country.

0NOUdBG.jpg

IjfSQwK.jpg

Gotta go back in a week to get the staples removed. Was a weird feeling having a guy sew two parts of my head back together. Just goes to show how easy it is to fuck yourself up - If I would have fallen with any more force I could be dead. Fallen one inch to the right and I'd probably have missed the whole fucking wall.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, that's a proper head wound. Glad you're okay AV.

Last edited:

Mohonky

Pfft, it's just a flesh wound.

(nah but seriously that's a fucking corker man, ouch, glad you didn't crack your skull)

I always wonder though about animals. 2 weeks ago some moron fed my mini dachshund a cooked bone, which he promptly choked on, only thing that saved him was me ramming my finger down his throat trying to get it out. Managed to push it down because I couldn't get behind it. Ran to get him to the vet for scans and they said yeop no way that's coming out naturally, gonna need to cut it out.

So he went into surgery and had his guts cut open to retrieve the bone and then all stitched back together again. The day after he's running around like an idiot and scoffing food again. Like wtf is it with animals and their ability to completely ignore this sort of thing? I suppose because if you're in the wild you don't have time to lie down and feel sorry for yourself.

Geki-D

Banned
I saw the thread's title and assumed the TC was going to say "I split my head open, should I go see a doctor?" I'm glad it's not.

Pretty nasty cut. You'll have to have longish hair to hide that scar. That or embrace your super villain snake shaped scar.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Thanks for the well-wishes, all. Went back to the wall I fell into today and now I know why the wound is two massive V shapes.

Will report back on any superpowers gained by spiders crawling into my head.

vKNpPdQ.jpg

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
:messenger_anxious: Oh my goodness, AV AV ...I am so very sorry!! I'm so glad you are okay and were able to get the medical help you needed. Praying for comfort and a speedy recovery!

Da-Kid

Wow, glad you're ok. I actually had split a small section in the back of my head when I was younger, about 10 from sitting on a Pool Cover Reel and fell back on a sharp rock. Blood everywhere. I still got the scar and bump to this day.

Glad they patched you up and there's no other issues. Did they give you a cat scan to make sure there's no clots forming or anything? If I was you, I would still go in a month or two later just to be sure, that's what my mother did.

Last edited:

mekes

Choose the sword, and you will join me. Choose the wall, and you will join your mother.. in death... You don't understand my words, but you must choose.

Wow man. That is serious. Very relieved that you are ok. And that you had help on hand as soon as it happened. Fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery for you.

Sorry to hear that GZA was no good. Liquid Swords is probably my favourite solo Wu album. Still listen to Shadowboxin all the time.

JimmyJones

Banned
Thanks for the well-wishes, all. Went back to the wall I fell into today and now I know why the wound is two massive V shapes.

vKNpPdQ.jpg

You couldn't have picked a worse wall to headplant into!

AV

Did they give you a cat scan to make sure there's no clots forming or anything? If I was you, I would still go in a month or two later just to be sure, that's what my mother did.

Yeah, got the CAT scan, no major damage at all. Just the flesh. Going back to get the staples out in a week.

Looks like AV is handing out the likes in this topic, so....

<3

You're friends with GZA from the Wu Tang Clan!?

Sorry, I worded that badly. Definitely not friends with GZA (I wish)

Sorry to hear that GZA was no good. Liquid Swords is probably my favourite solo Wu album. Still listen to Shadowboxin all the time.

Yeah, it's a shame, he just didn't seem into it whatsoever. Guy's getting on, but still. I'm seeing the whole clan in a month alongside Public Enemy and De La Soul so hoping when they're all together it'll be a lot livelier.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

vKNpPdQ.jpg

This wall bothers me. Whoever made it needs to find god or something. They are wrong.

Reactions: AV
Top Bottom