• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think a bug may have crawled into my ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
I was just listening to my favorite music when this shit went down. Had my headphones off for most of the day until about 15 minutes ago. Things sounded different for me on the right side and I had no idea why. Like I heard a scratchy noise and my ear started to itch. thought it was my hair so I readjusted them on my head and kept listening. still sounded strange so I paused and the sounds continued. Pulled my headphones off and there were a couple of these creepy critters all up in the right side of my headphones. How the hell did this happen? snapped a pic of the last one left before terminating his.

there were more when I pulled them off and saw them scurrying around, WHAT THE FUCK? they scurry under the edges when you try to get them out and I'm afraid there are more.

Headphones are clean now I believe but my right ear hurts and feels funny. Am I just imagining things or could have one seriously crawled into my ear?

sorry for this dumb topic, just sorta scared atm since I really hate bugs :[

6PBDd.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
LOL, now I'm all itchy.

EDIT: I read the title as "I think a bug may have crawled into my car" for some reason.

Amakusa

That was her mate, but its to late they have already mated and she's going to lay eggs in your ear. Go to the Doctor

(._.)

Banned
This is not funny. Can bugs penetrate into you eardrum? like is it possible? I only had them on for like 15/20 minutes.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jesus fuck I just threw my headset off. Go to a doctor and get checked.

jbueno

Bugs in the ear canal are extremely frequent, you might have to have it removed in the ER by a physician. Don´t get water in there as it might bloat the insect and make it harder to extract.

Rezbit

If you have one in your ear it will just chill out there because of the warmth. I'd go to the doc and get a flush.

Biscuits

(x_x)

Go see a doctor, they'll probably wash it out with something. If they were flies or something you'd be hearing really loud and painful buzzing though.

East Lake

It's not going to do any damage. Go to the doc and get it removed.

I had a musquito get caught in my ear once and slowly buzz until it died when I was like 8 years old.

(._.)

Banned
I've seen these things before in my bathroom. They can crawl through super tight spaces I never even imagined a bug could go through. It's like 1 am here and only the emergency room would be open. I'm not in any incredible pain but my right ear feels popped like when you fly on an airplane + itchy. I'm just gonna chill out hoping it's just shock :\ will go if it doesn't let up.

agrajag

Banned
The bug is controlling your brain now. Soon enough you'll be scurrying to the grocery store to buy bags of sugar.

Well, guess that means I'll never be putting things near my ears before inspecting it for small bugs. Just another thing to add to the bullet list of things that make me miserable.

Who should I believe?!

Bam. Wikipedia:

Earwax, also known by the medical term cerumen, is a yellowish waxy substance secreted in the ear canal of humans and other mammals. It protects the skin of the human ear canal, assists in cleaning and lubrication, and also provides some protection from bacteria, fungi, insects and water.[1]

Earwigs are fairly abundant and found in many areas of the world. There is no evidence that they transmit diseases to humans or other animals. Their pincers are commonly believed to be dangerous, but in reality even the curved pincers of males cause little harm to humans.[44] It is a common myth that earwigs crawl into the human ear and lay eggs in the brain.[45][46] Finding earwigs in the human ear is rare, as most species do not fly and prefer dark and damp areas (such as basements) rather than typical bedrooms.[4]

MarkusRJR

In other news, I went to take a shit 15 minutes ago and felt a spider crawling along my ass. I get up and it's no where to be seen. I think a spider may have crawled into my asshole.

:lol

Earwigs do crawl into ears sometimes, I knew someone it happened to. It got really bad when the earwig wanted out and realized that it couldn't turn around in there. That's when it gets pissed off and starts using the pincers.

//B1G

Banned
posting this thread is pointless, if it really is in your ear you can be damn well sure that it's listening to your thoughts right now and knows you know of it's location. if you go to the hospital it'll be sure to hide in that empty space known as your cranium.
only until you lay down to rest will you know for certain whether or not you've been infected. if tonight you have nightmares of pesticide you know you've already lost.

(._.)

Banned
Earwigs do crawl into ears sometimes, I knew someone it happened to. It got really bad when the earwig wanted out and realized that it couldn't turn around in there. That's when it gets pissed off and starts using the pincers.

ohh fuck :(

yea this is messed up im going to emergency care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom