• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think blew it with this girl...

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
So a co-worker of mine developed a crush on me. I'm not the smartest person in the world but I picked up on that. Things like asking personal questions (like do you wanna have kids or get married), light touches while asking how was my day, laughing at my jokes (sexual ones too), and she talks to her mom about me. Her mom works there too so she approves of me.
Not gonna lie I started to like her too.

I know we're not supposed to shit where you eat but fuck dude, I've rarely had this happen to me. I was kinda settled into being forever alone kind-a-guy. Family members would ask when are you getting a girlfriend and I'll just give them a non-answer.

So one day, she hits me with the "So when are you gonna take me out?" Oh shit. My dumbass told her that I needed to get my shit together as in, I didn't have a car nor a driver's license to take her somewhere...However, She did say could pick me and so no worries.

Weeks later I was chatting around my co-workers about how I was getting a PS5. lol She kinda roasted me. "How are you gonna get your shit together then turn around and get a PS5". I knew I screw up at that point. She still flirts with me and even suggested that we hang out. But I think any romantic feelings she had for me are gone. Sucks because I thought my coomer days were ending.

What do you think, GAF?

base

Banned
Bro, had any serious relationshios in your life? Don't let your mommy or hers to interfere.

It's all up to you if you really want it. Women expect us to make that move first. Some guys are shy to ask but you never know if you won't ask.

Stop thinking about stupid console and be a man. Eventually, you'll have to change some of your daily routines for her.

"How are you gonna get your shit together then turn around and get a PS5".

If she can't accept your decision in buying a PS5, imagine actually living with her seeing all of your faults. I don't want to be a downer, but it's something to think about.
Don't change yourself for a woman. It's not worth it and she'll probably resent you in the end. Just be yourself.

teezzy

Banned
Sounds like she's being playful and wants to know what you're about. Don't put so much pressure on it or you'll break yourself. She probably sucks ass too, believe me, they all do. Relationships are about compromise and finding out whose ass sucking complements your own. Chill with her and see where it goes. Keep it casual. Confidence is key, and don't put so much pressure on the outcome of said hangout. You'll be fine, maybe you'll even touch a boobie.

BigBooper

Well, she has a point. Spending $500+ on a new console won't help you get a car. I think you're still in good with her though. She already knows you don't have a car or license and she was still cool with doing something with you.

She either doesn't go out much or is a succubus. Ask her if she wants to come over and try your dualsense.

nush

Gold Member
So one day, she hits me with the "So when are you gonna take me out?" Oh shit. My dumbass told her that I needed to get my shit together as in, I didn't have a car nor a driver's license to take her somewhere

You rejected her, she's moved on. Her mentioning you buying a PS5 was in her way calling you out for that rejection.

You really don't want to be dating coworkers especially if their mother also works there.

Carry on cooming.

I'm 29 and she's 26

I do. I still check her out.
The date didn't seem to go well if nothing happened afterwards for weeks.
Get over it and find someone else who is into stuff you love.

Add/edit: if you hold out for one more year you get those wizard powers. Well worth it.

Last edited:
So a co-worker of mine developed a crush on me. I'm not the smartest person in the world but I picked up on that. Things like asking personal questions (like do you wanna have kids or get married), light touches while asking how was my day, laughing at my jokes (sexual ones too), and she talks to her mom about me. Her mom works there too so she approves of me.

I know we're not supposed to shit where you eat but fuck dude, I've rarely had this happen to me. I was kinda settled into being forever alone kind-a-guy. Family members would ask when are you getting a girlfriend and I'll just give them a non-answer.

So one day, she hits me with the "So when are you gonna take me out?" Oh shit. My dumbass told her that I needed to get my shit together as in, I didn't have a car nor a driver's license to take her somewhere...However, She did say could pick me and so no worries.

Weeks later I was chatting around my co-workers about how I was getting a PS5. lol She kinda roasted me. "How are you gonna get your shit together then turn around and get a PS5". I knew I screw up at that point. She still flirts with me and even suggested that we hang out. But I think any romantic feelings she had for me are gone. Sucks because I thought my coomer days were ending.

What do you think, GAF?
Get the PS5.
Kick her to the curb.

Never let other people dictate who or what you are passionate about. Life is shitty as it is and now you have to give up the things you love for some piece of ass. Fuck that.

The question is did she blow it? Just joking man, it's unfortunate these things happen but keep your head up.

Last edited:
Well she caught the rona. And idk.
Okay, here is my take.
First off, if she is still flirting with you she has romantic feelings, because that's what flirting means. Otherwise she would just ignore you from now on or be neutral.
Second, her PS5 nag was a reminder that you still didn't take her on a date. She sees your 'getting my shit together' line as the reason why you did not go on a date with her.

Ask her out, make a joke about you will get your shit together later but want to have a date with her now.

Check it out, mate. If the date is shit at least you tried. Otherwise it would always be in your head forever that you didn't make a move.

Good luck. Keep us updated on how it went..

JayK47

Well if you ever wanted to mate up, here is your chance. I don't know how you could live without a car, but you must live somewhere where that is possible. I grew up during a time where you needed a car to even have a chance with any woman. I know several people who prefer being single and I just do not get it. I guess I am dependent on others. I lived alone long enough to know I could never go back.

teezzy

Banned
Banged out?

NqcRL39.gif

teezzy

Banned
My first two girlfriends were sisters.
A blonde and a redhead with freckles.

Good times...

Not sure if your experience as similar, but I was surprised at how they both made very similar faces and noises in the sack. It was uncanny.

The younger sister was waaaaay more skilled overall though. Maybe I should've held onto her :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Riven326

Banned
Well if you ever wanted to mate up, here is your chance. I don't know how you could live without a car, but you must live somewhere where that is possible. I grew up during a time where you needed a car to even have a chance with any woman. I know several people who prefer being single and I just do not get it. I guess I am dependent on others. I lived alone long enough to know I could never go back.
I don't trust people enough to be in a serious relationship. I've seen so many guys get married, have kids, and then get divorced and the ex-wife takes everything they worked for, including the kids.

Fuck that shit. Live for yourself. Be selfish. Maybe you don't get the romantic movie style ending, but at least you get everything else, and it's yours.

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
I don't trust people enough to be in a serious relationship. I've seen so many guys get married, have kids, and then get divorced and the ex-wife takes everything they worked for, including the kids.

Fuck that shit. Live for yourself. Be selfish. Maybe you don't get the romantic movie style ending, but at least you get everything else, and it's yours.
Nothing is yours

OrtizTwelve

What do you think, GAF?

You shouldn’t care or worry too much whether she likes you or not — what matters is if YOU still like her and you think she is worth your time.

When you think like this, your attitude and how you approach things will change. The way you behave around her will change. This doesn’t mean you will be a dick or treat her badly, but it will allow you to remain cool and confident and playful, and you won’t have any worries or anxiety which can show up in daily interactions.

Things will often work out better this way. Trust me.

It sounds like she was teasing you. I would have told her “I’ll get my shit together after you come over one night and play some PS5 with me and some drinks” etc or something to that extent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom