• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I figured out what my dream tv is now

RPS37

So I’ve browsed the “show is your gaming setup thread for years now”
People have amazing setups, obviously. One thing that I noticed was lighting behind TVs, called bias lighting. I did some research and got some of my own for my tv.
It makes my setup look really amazing.
Now I’m thinking that the next tv I want I would like to be bezel-less, but also it would be really cool to have some sort of built in ambient light out of the back that changes with whats on screen.

I’m pretty sure this almost exists already. Just saying.

AnotherOne

Don't get Philips their tvs are shit, get a good tv from sony or lg and buy a light strip.

Last edited:

RPS37

Before and after.
VWgzLcG.jpg
bB3SXni.jpg

I had this on my monitor, witt the lights syncd to the screen. It is cool and effective.

It's very cool and very effective when you take the space you fill with the colored lights, and just fill it with an enournous TV that doesn't do that.

I was never one to watch TV or play games in a dark room, so I always have some nice yellow light where it won't cause any glare. Bias lighting seems kind of cool but it seems like it would cause more eyestrain.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I had this on my monitor, witt the lights syncd to the screen. It is cool and effective.

It's very cool and very effective when you take the space you fill with the colored lights, and just fill it with an enournous TV that doesn't do that.
It’s a shame that because of HDCP you can’t do this on anything other than a PC or a Philips TV.
I was never one to watch TV or play games in a dark room, so I always have some nice yellow light where it won't cause any glare. Bias lighting seems kind of cool but it seems like it would cause more eyestrain.
From what I understand, one of the good things about bias lighting is that it reduces the eyestrain of staring at a bright screen against a dark background.

GymWolf

Philips fooled a lot of people thinking that playing with backlights was cool and better than playing in a dark room.

Oh ambilight, you were the curved 3d screen type of bullshit of 15 years ago, how many memories...

Top Bottom