• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I've had my Switch stolen.

NikuNashi

So yesterday The Mario emulation game pack thing released here in Japan. So I thought hey why not grab a digital copy for old times sake. I went upstairs to get my Switch and couldn't find it.

Now It's been gathering dust since Zelda Link's Awakening released (Over 6 months) at least I thought it was. Anyway I couldn't see it anywhere Or the box, charger etc. So I started searching and turned the whole house over, shook it a bit and no switch fell out.

Now I started thinking who has been to my house. We have been having regular building/renovation work done by various contractors. Wallpaper, aircon, painters, decking etc. So basically one of these guys has snatched it.

So I check my emails from Nintendo and see am email, epic games has been granted permission to use your info or something, well I only play first party Nintendo games on it so something fishy is going on. So I think someone's using it with my account still on it.

Fuckers.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Sounds like you need to start checking everyone who came in your house with threat of the police if it doesn't show up. Just saying, no (reputable) contractor wants to be known for hiring thieves.

Last edited:

rob305

So yesterday The Mario emulation game pack thing released here in Japan. So I thought hey why not grab a digital copy for old times sake. I went upstairs to get my Switch and couldn't find it.

Now It's been gathering dust since Zelda Link's Awakening released (Over 6 months) at least I thought it was. Anyway I couldn't see it anywhere Or the box, charger etc. So I started searching and turned the whole house over, shook it a bit and no switch fell out.

Now I started thinking who has been to my house. We have been having regular building/renovation work done by various contractors. Wallpaper, aircon, painters, decking etc. So basically one of these guys has snatched it.

So I check my emails from Nintendo and see am email, epic games has been granted permission to use your info or something, well I only play first party Nintendo games on it so something fishy is going on. So I think someone's using it with my account still on it.

Fuckers.

Thoughts?
Same thing happened to me 6 months after it came out, it must have been contractors who stole it. Worst thing was that my BOTW save was gone and I had put 60 hours in and 3/4 beasts. I called Nintendo to see if they would give me the IP cause the guy who stole it was still using it with my account but they said they wouldnt do anything about it unless the cops called them. Tried to get the police to investigate but never happened. Also, at that time the switch was still out of stock and it took me a couple of months before I got a new.

Edit: Oh and I had Nintendo blacklist my serial number, at least whoever got it couldnt play my digital games and was banned from online

Last edited:
Top Bottom