• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think that all Microsoft multiplayer games will be free-to-play in the future

Estocolmo

Halo Infinite was announced to have free multiplayer right before it got delayed.

im surprised we haven’t seen more discussions about this, because I think this is a coming trend for Microsoft to make the multiplayer compartment in their games F2P but you have to pay or subscribe to game pass for single player content.
doesn't it fit perfect for their coming games like Forza 8, FH5, Gears of War 6 etc?

What do you think?

GuinGuin

Banned
I remember some controversy about shaders but it was probably blown out of proportion. All f2p games have at cosmetic MTCs.

elliot5

I think they'll make them F2P where they fit and can have long lasting platform support. Something like Forza Motorsport as F2P in some way would probably make sense. Pay to unlock career modes or something of that sort.

See U Dj Khaled GIF by TikTok

PuffyCan

With gamepass, no chance in hell. They need those games to make gamepass worth it, the more games available with gamepass, the more chance someone will subscribe

CeeJay

Nah, GP2P is Microsoft's strategy. Why go free when they can charge people a subscription first before they then buy a load of cosmetics?

F2P and mobile is the future of gaming. The biggest cash cow. If a publisher is smart they would release their multiplayer game as free and another version for mobile. Look how much money CoD, Fortnite, Roblox makes.

Zeroing

Banned
Makes sense, less need to polish a game then it’s more acceptable to filled the games with in game purchases…
Hell I would not be surprised if they make an option ingame where you had to pay monthly for online to have “better experience”

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Makes sense, less need to polish a game then it’s more acceptable to filled the games with in game purchases…
Hell I would not be surprised if they make an option ingame where you had to pay monthly for online to have “better experience”
Did you actually write that with a straight face?

Top Bottom