• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think the Miss Universe judges have cataracts.

Fbh

Give it another 10 years an miss universe will be some small, fat and bald dude that identifies as a woman.

But I guess I understand them. Interest in the event as a whole is lower and if they don't at least get the SJW crowd on their side they might as well just cancel the event.

Bigrx1

Banned
It’s just her hair that kills it for me, like her smile is god tier. If she had feminine hair I would likely think she’s really pretty.

Bigrx1

Banned
Hottest woman alive is Ginger

nintchdbpict000201261197.jpg
Are those even tits or are they a couple planets that were orbiting her that she managed to stuff in that dress?

People tend to forget Miss Universe is about more than just looks. It's a packaged deal, with that said I do feel there are others in there that should've won it over South Africa but again I'm happy for the girl still and think she'll do a good job in her role.

I feel like the pic in the OP is one of the least good ones about her... but I don't like the hair at all.

I don't really know/care how they judge them though, but I feel like it'd not all based on looks.

llien

Looking at more pictures i think it's mostly the teeth and super severely short hair cut that do her no favours.

Also I assume thetes more to this competition than just looks? Maybe she gave a cracking speech and banged out a floorles rendition of Moonlight Sinatra on a grand piano, or some such?

AwBWw29.jpg

KKOqu0s.jpg

She looks fine to me.
Certainly not worse than the two others in OP.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I get that black women are not preferred on this board but this woman is nowhere near ugly or masculine looking.

And how would a hairstyle change make her look "better"? Serious question.

She looks good to me!

Grinchy

Banned
Looking at more pictures i think it's mostly the teeth and super severely short hair cut that do her no favours.

Also I assume thetes more to this competition than just looks? Maybe she gave a cracking speech and banged out a floorles rendition of Moonlight Sinatra on a grand piano, or some such?

AwBWw29.jpg

KKOqu0s.jpg
Seeing the hair really makes a difference. The pic in the OP makes her look like Dave Chappelle in The Nutty Professor.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
nah, she's beautiful. besides, looks aren't the only category for these things. they have swimsuit, talent, poise, etc. like LOL we have 3 still images to use for comparison, that's not gonna do it.

honesty the only way to make an informed decision would be watch the whole pageant, but i ain't got time for that, and i bet everyone quickly comparing 3 still images don't either.

ph33rknot

Banned
Give it another 10 years an miss universe will be some small, fat and bald dude that identifies as a woman.

But I guess I understand them. Interest in the event as a whole is lower and if they don't at least get the SJW crowd on their side they might as well just cancel the event.
Pic bra

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Look at the photo in the op. How on earth is she feminine looking?

I have mad black female friends with short hair and none of them are masculine looking. I look at faces, nor hair (as another posted mentioned) and she looks very feminine to me. No better or worse than Halle Berry with short hair.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
nah, she's beautiful. besides, looks aren't the only category for these things. they have swimsuit, talent, poise, etc. like LOL we have 3 still images to use for comparison, that's not gonna do it.

honesty the only way to make an informed decision would be watch the whole pageant, but i ain't got time for that, and i bet everyone quickly comparing 3 still images don't either.

Wrong. The only way to make an informed decision is for me to personally impregnate each of them and rate the experience.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So who are your favorite Ms. Universe winners, guys?

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
"Miss Universe" is not about being visually beautiful (for the majority of people).

Quoted directly from their own site:

https://www.missuniverse.com/about said:
The Miss Universe Organization (MUO) is a global, inclusive organization that celebrates women of all cultures and backgrounds and empowers them to realize their goals through experiences that build self- confidence and create opportunities for success. MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA® and MISS TEEN USA® provide the approximately 10,000 women who participate annually an international platform to effect positive change personally, professionally and philanthropically as inspirational leaders and role models.

The Miss Universe Organization empowers women to realize their personal, professional and philanthropic goals through experiences that build self-confidence and act as catalysts for future success. We celebrate beauty, all forms of it, and provide the tools that help women to feel their most beautiful: ‘Confidently Beautiful.’

The contestants and titleholders that have gone through the Miss Universe system are able to cultivate their personal career goals, advocate for humanitarian issues and be a voice to affect positive change in the world. These women are forward thinking and motivated to not just talk about this change, but to initiate it. They have gone on to high-profile careers in government, business, finance, broadcasting, as well as film and television.

Last edited:

VanEs

AwBWw29.jpg

KKOqu0s.jpg

She looks a lot better here than in OP's picture.

Too bad about the whiny sob story. Such a turnoff.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I saw her on TV this morning and was thinking the exact opposite. All the talk of breaking down barriers, someone like me can be seen as beautiful etc and I saw a slim pretty woman who was always gonna be seen as attractive.
Guess I was wrong and she was right after all.

Top Bottom