• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think the Miss Universe judges have cataracts.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
She's 10 out of the top 10. She probably shouldn't be in the top 50. Miss Universe contest is trash.

And you didn't answer my question. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I know you have a problem with black people (per your own words) but your hyperbole is unwarranted.

So I'll just add more pics of her....

ZW2OCVE.jpg

tldqQCg.jpg

tQ2VTDw.jpg

Pallas

Gold Member
Woke culture?

She’s not bad looking in some of those photos but the one that OP posted did her no favors. I’m guessing she impressed the judges about her cultural background or some shit.

ammodotcom

Neo Member
Now, before anyone says anything, let me say there are some gorgeous black women, like Halle Berry and Tyra Banks. Every race has beautiful people, but I think the judges of Miss Universe 2019 have cataracts, or are just plain blind. Honestly, what the fuck were they thinking? My god.

Just take a look at this woman, she looks like a fucking chicken wing with nipples.

fYjEDeD.jpg

These we the runner ups:

If you can go from being not beautiful to beautiful without changing anything, the concept of beauty and its attribution are both completely worthless.

And you didn't answer my question. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I know you have a problem with black people (per your own words) but your hyperbole is unwarranted.

So I'll just add more pics of her....

ZW2OCVE.jpg

tldqQCg.jpg

tQ2VTDw.jpg

Yeah, this is what i was saying earlier.

Fine when she doesn't smile and something covers that crappy hair cut up, but her teeth are too big for her head and she has some serious wrinkles when smiling that seem to age her about 10 years in an instant, plus her head looks too long and narrow, especially after she presumably decided putting effort into her hair was racist and just ran a clipper over it the night before.

In complete contradiction to what she's saying, she would look much hotter if she grew her hair out into a more natural afro style. That and practice smiling more naturally in a mirror, so as not to look overly exagerated and forced like it does currently, where you can see her gums and it crinkles up half her face. Then she wouldn't look like a weird skeleton monster wearing some womans ill fitting skin.

Also she'd look better if she ate properly. Unless she's going for the 'authentically African' old stereotypical famine victim look, she is very unpleasantly scrawny which only worsens the mistakes she's made with her hair and smiling.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yeah, this is what i was saying earlier.

Fine when she doesn't smile and something covers that crappy hair cut up, but her teeth are too big for her head and she has some serious wrinkles when smiling that seem to age her about 10 years in an instant, plus her head looks too long and narrow, especially after she presumably decided putting effort into her hair was racist and just ran a clipper over it the night before.

In complete contradiction to what she's saying, she would look much hotter if she grew her hair out into a more natural afro style. That and practice smiling more naturally in a mirror, so as not to look overly exagerated and forced like it does currently, where you can see her gums and it crinkles up half her face. Then she wouldn't look like a weird skeleton monster wearing some womans ill fitting skin.

Also she'd look better if she ate properly. Unless she's going for the 'authentically African' old stereotypical famine victim look, she is very unpleasantly scrawny which only worsens the mistakes she's made with her hair and smiling.

You and Yosh are proving the point. Especially when it comes to you saying "if she grew her hair out, she'd be much hotter"

The standard of beauty in the Western world is white. White characteristics like hair and facial features. Not African. Yosh and others saying she's ugly. And someone said "there's prettier black women..." While naming a biracial woman (Halle Berry) and another somewhat light skinned black woman with Euro features.

Not EVERYONE else in the thread agrees with Yosh and you, but most did. Her point is that African features aren't seen as beautiful by the majority. And, like I said, y'all proved my and her points.

You and Yosh are proving the point. Especially when it comes to you saying "if she grew her hair out, she'd be much hotter"

The standard of beauty in the Western world is white. White characteristics like hair and facial features. Not African. Yosh and others saying she's ugly. And someone said "there's prettier black women..." While naming a biracial woman (Halle Berry) and another somewhat light skinned black woman with Euro features.

Not EVERYONE else in the thread agrees with Yosh and you, but most did. Her point is that African features aren't seen as beautiful by the majority. And, like I said, y'all proved my and her points.

Oh yeah, Africans are a different species entirely with compeltely different biology that has no relationship whatsoever to the rest of humanity and its universal basic beauty standards for women following specific ratios between features (broadly falling into the silver or gold ratio) that make evolutionary sense given that it follows along with youth, health and strong genetic.

She has a weirdly long head, she's too narrow framed and skinny, and when she smiles it makes her look old and like her mouth is too big for her head. Those are beautiful by the standards of bloody nobody ever.

Saying 'well africans have different beauty standards, that look ugly compared to the rest if the world, so you're racist if you judge them to the same standards everyone else has to meet regardless of race' isn't enlightened, or progressive, it's the soft bigotry of low expectations.

And I don't even think she's ugly! Just that she's made poor style choices and needs to work on her smile so it doesn't unbalanve the rest of her features.

But those flaws are obvious, especially compared to the other contestants, and given her spouting the same identitarian relativistic bollocks you're spouting, just makes it look like she won out of the pity of judges that think Africans are unable to compete when held to the same standards that the rest of the world all has to.

And that is flat out racist.

Now, before anyone says anything, let me say there are some gorgeous black women, like Halle Berry and Tyra Banks. Every race has beautiful people, but I think the judges of Miss Universe 2019 have cataracts, or are just plain blind. Honestly, what the fuck were they thinking? My god.

Just take a look at this woman, she looks like a fucking chicken wing with nipples.

fYjEDeD.jpg

These we the runner ups:

YqUZ6l3.jpg

BhxuKiA.jpg

The Miss Universe judges need an eye test pronto.

zeioIIDX

That's fucked up, lmfao!!

You know who is Hot right now?...

5b62510a15a8bc814115d9ee

I would let this woman berate, scold, belittle, and emasculate me any fucking day of the week. No joke. When I saw her in Safety Not Guaranteed, oh man, she stole my damn heart.

She's funny as hell and weird, I need a woman like that! I'm gonna stop now otherwise I'll be here all day making an awkward, creepy ass out of myself due to my total infatuation with this woman lol.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Someone once said that "a first black anything shouldn't matter and shouldn't be celebrated" ... But because these women did, especially a dark skinned black woman winning Miss Universe, will inspire other pageant going black girls to persevere in the face of people telling them that they can't succeed.

And yes, I know there were previous black American winners in the USA and America pageants, but it means a lot to beautiful dark skinned black girls out there to see someone that looks like them winning.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Someone once said that "a first black anything shouldn't matter and shouldn't be celebrated" ... But because these women did, especially a dark skinned black woman winning Miss Universe, will inspire other pageant going black girls to persevere in the face of people telling them that they can't succeed.

And yes, I know there were previous black American winners in the USA and America pageants, but it means a lot to beautiful dark skinned black girls out there to see someone that looks like them winning.
It’s fucking 2019. Who’s telling them they can’t succeed in 2019? Normal society or activists with a chip on their shoulder like you?

I swear, you live in a fucking bubble of your own making, mate. You never shut up.

Shit happened in the past. Truth. But going through life like everyone’s out to get you is a fool’s errand.

I come from a background that’s had it’s fair share of shit, but I don’t fucking “woe is me” about it 24/7.

Hard truth time: We are living in the most prosperous and free society that has ever existed right now. The bogeymen are in your head. Grow the fuck up and learn to take life as it comes. Like an adult. Not a short-arse with an inferiority complex.

Your shit’s getting real old. Truth.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
Guess who won Miss France yesterday?

mZ4h2u6.jpg

Putting the group shot behind a spoiler for the prudes.

Answers on a postcard please.
I had to google it and I don't speak French. If I'm right it's the middle one on the left. She's cute as hell. Atleast in that pic. I bet any pic.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
It’s fucking 2019. Who’s telling them they can’t succeed in 2019? Normal society or activists with a chip on their shoulder like you?

I swear, you live in a fucking bubble of your own making, mate. You never shut up.

Shit happened in the past. Truth. But going through life like everyone’s out to get you is a fool’s errand.

I come from a background that’s had it’s fair share of shit, but I don’t fucking “woe is me” about it 24/7.

Hard truth time: We are living in the most prosperous and free society that has ever existed right now. The bogeymen are in your head. Grow the fuck up and learn to take life as it comes. Like an adult. Not a short-arse with an inferiority complex.

Fluffilwub dropping the truth bombs!

Airbus Jr

Banned

fYjEDeD.jpg

These we the runner ups:

YqUZ6l3.jpg

BhxuKiA.jpg

The Miss Universe judges need an eye test pronto.

i duno know man

Theres alot of qualities that need to be judged to become miss universe

Physical appearance arent evrything

And i think she looks great and maybe you dont share the same idea

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I think she’s very attractive. I could understand if you’re not in to the slim body type or short hair, but she’s pretty hot in my book. Would smash 👌

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
So are you saying you’re clinically blind?

I am saying that not everybody in the world likes the same type of woman. Beauty is subjective.
I understand the point you are trying to argue, however, you picked a really fucking dumb non-example to prove it.
If I was running Miss Universe, I would have gone with Miss France; we all have different tastes.
Just answering to your thread feels like swinging back shit at a chimpanzee.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

I'm sorry... But everything you just said is wrong. You call ME living in a bubble? You don't have to see images everywhere of people who don't look like you (obviously not exactly like you... But the same or very similar skin color) be held up as the standard of beauty. You forget, you're the majority. The most beautiful and attractive people in media, modeling, sports, etc are mostly seen as white. Sure, there's some like Halle Berry and Tyra Banks (like someone mentioned earlier as examples who are biracial and light skinned) ... Dark skinned women aren't held to the same beauty standards. In this thread, someone posted 3 other white women he thought were more beautiful and attractive than the winner of the pageant.

I don't do the colorism thing because those black women aforementioned, like the former Miss USA winner Vanessa Williams, are beautiful black women. But also light skinned.

My POINT, and it flew over your head, is that DARK skinned black women aren't celebrated in the mainstream... Even Viola Davis whom I think is gorgeous, isn't considered beautiful by most of the majority population... It's a problem in the black community too (colorism both ways but more towards dark skin)... But the fact you skipped over the part where I SPECIFICALLY said dark skinned and not black as a whole (which are two separate arguments) are not held up as beautiful by the mainstream is part of the problem I'm seeing here and in mainstream society.

Even in Puerto Rico where the Miss Universe runner up is "from", there were disparaging posts by their local government officials and local celebrities about the winner.

You say it's 2019 and nothing is holding her back... But attitudes like the majority in this thread who called her ugly, not pretty and the like are exactly what I'm talking about!

It's easy for you to say that but you're not a dark skinned black girl with people of all.colors telling you that you're not pretty or not good enough. How do I know this? Because I grew up around this stuff. So did many others. We saw and see first-hand how mean kids and adults can be to little dark skinned black girls while calling the lighter skinned ones pretty.

You don't talk from an point of experience. You talk from a point of ignorance. But if you aren't willing to see another point of view that experienced something that's alien to you, then I don't know what else to say. I've been respectful... I can't say the same for you.

Papa

Banned
Firstly, congratulations to her.

Secondly, she’s 26 years old. So, according to her, during the mid to late nineties and 2000s black women weren’t considered beautiful.

What kind of rewriting of world history is this bullshit?

In South Africa no less... LOL

American identity politics and victimhood tactics are infecting the rest of the world

Papa

Banned

Have you considered that maybe African beauty standards aren’t the norm because Africans are 12% of the US population?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'm sorry... But everything you just said is wrong. You call ME living in a bubble? You don't have to see images everywhere of people who don't look like you (obviously not exactly like you... But the same or very similar skin color) be held up as the standard of beauty. You forget, you're the majority. The most beautiful and attractive people in media, modeling, sports, etc are mostly seen as white. Sure, there's some like Halle Berry and Tyra Banks (like someone mentioned earlier as examples who are biracial and light skinned) ... Dark skinned women aren't held to the same beauty standards. In this thread, someone posted 3 other white women he thought were more beautiful and attractive than the winner of the pageant.

I don't do the colorism thing because those black women aforementioned, like the former Miss USA winner Vanessa Williams, are beautiful black women. But also light skinned.

My POINT, and it flew over your head, is that DARK skinned black women aren't celebrated in the mainstream... Even Viola Davis whom I think is gorgeous, isn't considered beautiful by most of the majority population... It's a problem in the black community too (colorism both ways but more towards dark skin)... But the fact you skipped over the part where I SPECIFICALLY said dark skinned and not black as a whole (which are two separate arguments) are not held up as beautiful by the mainstream is part of the problem I'm seeing here and in mainstream society.

Even in Puerto Rico where the Miss Universe runner up is "from", there were disparaging posts by their local government officials and local celebrities about the winner.

You say it's 2019 and nothing is holding her back... But attitudes like the majority in this thread who called her ugly, not pretty and the like are exactly what I'm talking about!

It's easy for you to say that but you're not a dark skinned black girl with people of all.colors telling you that you're not pretty or not good enough. How do I know this? Because I grew up around this stuff. So did many others. We saw and see first-hand how mean kids and adults can be to little dark skinned black girls while calling the lighter skinned ones pretty.

You don't talk from an point of experience. You talk from a point of ignorance. But if you aren't willing to see another point of view that experienced something that's alien to you, then I don't know what else to say. I've been respectful... I can't say the same for you.
What colour do you think I am?

You can bitch and moan all you want, but the fact is you are looking for oppression and seeing it everywhere you turn.

No one is denying that some racism exists. Of course it does and always will. That’s humans. But, you are up to your elbow in the arse of perpetual victimhood and away with the fairies. 95% of your posts are just angry in that way.

Like I said earlier, chip on your shoulder and small man syndrome. Bad combination. You feel you’ve got something to prove. You don’t. Live life. Be happy. Stop chasing the imaginary bogeymen and save your energy for when you meet a REAL racist. If you ever do.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I think a better argument to make is they picked a female with a boys haircut in a contest decided primarily on a woman's beauty.

The woman is beautiful, but one can easily question why a woman with a pretty face, malnourished body, and A BOYS HAIRCUT beat out women with decidedly better bodies and hair.

She essentially won on the uniqueness of her dark black skin while lacking several of the main components that goes into virtually every other winning Miss Universes' profile.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
Didn't Miss USA contest declare they would no longer conform to traditional beauty standards for the contests? Whatever happened to that

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What colour do you think I am?

You can bitch and moan all you want, but the fact is you are looking for oppression and seeing it everywhere you turn.

No one is denying that some racism exists. Of course it does and always will. That’s humans. But, you are up to your elbow in the arse of perpetual victimhood and away with the fairies. 95% of your posts are just angry in that way.

Like I said earlier, chip on your shoulder and small man syndrome. Bad combination. You feel you’ve got something to prove. You don’t. Live life. Be happy. Stop chasing the imaginary bogeymen and save your energy for when you meet a REAL racist. If you ever do.

Like I said... My post went OVER your head!

Where am I angry? I'm trying to explain something to you... If you were black, you'd understand that I'm talking about colorism... And while colorism is derived from racism, I'm not talking about some white boogyman. I'm talking about the crap many dark skinned (<-- key word here) black women go through as little girls and as adults (in contrast to lighter skinned black girls, though they go through their own crap because of their skin tone in our and other communities).

The fact that you dismissed my POV as angry and small man/chip on shoulder shows you don't want to engage except to tell me that I'm wrong and you're right.

I'll say this... The world is HUGE and incredibly diverse in culture, history, religion, etc. Having said that, your dismissal out of hand of what I said is borderline elitist.

I never called you a name yet you resorted to that in your first response to me. So who's the angry one?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Like I said... My post went OVER your head!

Where am I angry? I'm trying to explain something to you... If you were black, you'd understand that I'm talking about colorism... And while colorism is derived from racism, I'm not talking about some white boogyman. I'm talking about the crap many dark skinned (<-- key word here) black women go through as little girls and as adults (in contrast to lighter skinned black girls, though they go through their own crap because of their skin tone in our and other communities).

The fact that you dismissed my POV as angry and small man/chip on shoulder shows you don't want to engage except to tell me that I'm wrong and you're right.

I'll say this... The world is HUGE and incredibly diverse in culture, history, religion, etc. Having said that, your dismissal out of hand of what I said is borderline elitist.

I never called you a name yet you resorted to that in your first response to me. So who's the angry one?
Don’t try to take the high road. I called you out in another thread recently for belittling someone and “calling them names”.

Your posts are angry. The vast majority of them are lecturing the community here and just pure activism 2019 style. It’s old and boring. Your stance on everything is predictable. You are a one-note parrot.

“Racism against lighter skinned blacks is pretty rare now, but what about the darker skinned blacks?!”

It’ll be something else after that, too.

You are always going to find something to complain and be oppressed about because that’s your entire persona. Full-time angry, screeching victim.

You picked ’DeafTourette’ as your username for fucks sake! “Hey guys! Look at me! Victim! Victim over here! Hit like and subscribe.”

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Don’t try to take the high road. I called you out in another thread recently for belittling someone and “calling them names”.

Your posts are angry. The vast majority of them are lecturing the community here and just pure activism 2019 style. It’s old and boring. Your stance on everything is predictable. You are a one-note parrot.

“Racism against lighter skinned blacks is pretty rare now, but what about the darker skinned blacks?!”

It’ll be something else after that, too.

You are always going to find something to complain and be oppressed about because that’s your entire persona. Full-time angry, screeching victim.

You picked ’DeafTourette’ as your username for fucks sake! “Hey guys! Look at me! Victim! Victim over here! Hit like and subscribe.”

Not gonna address the majority of your post because we'd just go in circles...

However, I chose my username because it was/is the name of my website... Although it's fallen into disrepair due to lack of funds. I'm an advocate for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and the Tourette Syndrome community. I was in a documentary (was only in it for about a minute) on Tourette that you can find on YouTube. I'm in venture to help continuing education for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing communities.

Plus, it was the name of a confessional poem I wrote a few years ago under that name. A poem in two parts about the two sides of me that have caused me depression and some form of struggle. But they don't define me. Yet I chose to call my website that because I wanted to reach out and help others who thought they were alone.

That's why I chose my username here. So anyone who lost their hearing or has Tourette can see that they aren't alone.

Have you considered that maybe African beauty standards aren’t the norm because Africans are 12% of the US population?

Africans are only about 3% of the population at most, unless you're talking about blacks in general then it would be 15%.

I think a better argument to make is they picked a female with a boys haircut in a contest decided primarily on a woman's beauty.

The woman is beautiful, but one can easily question why a woman with a pretty face, malnourished body, and A BOYS HAIRCUT beat out women with decidedly better bodies and hair.

She essentially won on the uniqueness of her dark black skin while lacking several of the main components that goes into virtually every other winning Miss Universes' profile.

How are the winners decided? If it's by votes from the audience than wouldn't that mean woke voters voted her in for points?

Top Bottom