• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I wish I were an Xbox fan

CJY

Banned
I just watched both of the new DF videos on XBox Series X and everything they showed was great. I like everything they are doing with the console. All the consideration put into performance and efficiency. Plus all the positive user-facing features and developer-friendly features.

The expandable storage is also really awesome.

Having said all that, no matter how hard I try, I just don't seem to be able to get excited by Xbox and I don't know why. It's a real shame. I feel like there is even less chance of me buying an Xbox now than ever before.

It's possible that to me, Microsoft is the Windows company, and I don't really hate Windows at all even though I'm a Mac user, but lately I've been using Linux more. I use all the OSes.

I think the only thing that could make me buy an Xbox Series X is if I could install Windows on it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

CJY

Banned
I don't get this thread.

You either like what a company offers (exclusive games,services etc) or you don't. It's as simple as that.
Not the case whatsoever. I like VW cars, but I don't support the company any longer. That's just one example.

CJY

Banned
Well...it doesn’t matter how high tech the console is, at end of the day you need games to excited about and if Xbox has no game to offer you then it hard to get excited about it, no matter how much you are impressed by the actual system.
Yes, thank you, that's it in a nutshell. I don't feel like I missed a single thing by not owning an Xbox this whole gen. I guess that may change if they have some unbelievable games later, but my technological lust is at an all-time low.

Shin

Banned
no matter how hard I try
Don't have to like it, if you're a gamer you just game, what do you care about what name is plastered on it?
Will it pay you, make your experience better of the stupid shit people tell themselves in order to remain loyal to Y and Z?
Fuck that shit, if you enjoy gaming then play on whatever that has game that interests you - I'm now 42 I grew out of that loyalty bullshit and is doing what's best for me and for me only.

Saber

Gold Member
Lol, sorry thats seems like a silly thread to make imo. Are you bored or something or just have an issue?

sublimit

Banned
Not the case whatsoever. I like VW cars, but I don't support the company any longer. That's just one example.
I don't understand that "logic" either.

I don't believe in boycotting. If i like something as a consumer and it's good for me then why not buy it? Do you extensively search every company's history and the way they perform their business before buying their products?

Shin

Banned
just have an issue?
Probably fear or follows his friends, screw that also.
If they are real friends they'll follow your ass sometimes and not always the other way around.
Price shouldn't be an issue, you can get 2 consoles + subs for about the same you'd get 2-3 new phones during the same time frame, only just to update for the sake of updating.

But everything starts with you, if he really wanted to get into it he would...

I just watched both of the new DF videos on XBox Series X and everything they showed was great. I like everything they are doing with the console. All the consideration put into performance and efficiency. Plus all the positive user-facing features and developer-friendly features.

Having said all that, no matter how hard I try, I just don't seem to be able to get excited by Xbox and I don't know why. It's a real shame. I feel like there is even less chance of me buying an Xbox now than ever before.

It's possible that to me, Microsoft is the Windows company, and I don't really hate Windows at all even though I'm a Mac user, but lately I've been using Linux more. I use all the OSes.

I think the only thing that could make me buy an Xbox Series X is if I could install Windows on it.

My original plan was PS5/PC for next gen but XsX is such a beautiful piece of engineering that I just can’t pass it on it at launch. I can see myself playing more Play Anywhere games on XsX than my PC.

Still going with PS5 Day One too

RIP my wallet

I was like you, OP.
But this time around, MS really got me with their offerings so far. Seems all the stars align. Nice console, they bought the right studios, and I like how Phil is selling this.

And well, Sony is nowhere to be seen.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

That's because you are biased.

I've had 5 cars in my life. Each one has been a totally different brand. Have had at least 1 car from US, Europe, and Japan. Any my next car might be a Stinger (Korean).

SLB1904

Banned
Huge meh for me. It doenst help when the games they showcase are ugly. Im waiting for next gen games to be excited about.

MiguelItUp

Eh, I'm excited about hardware more so than I am with the name or brand. So this technology gets me incredibly hyped, it also makes me excited to see what Sony is going to offer.

I think the only thing that could genuinely sway me is the systems's HUD/UI. For example, I LOVED 360's dashboard, but HATED PS3's. However, I HATED XB1's, and LOVED PS4's. Nintendo's has always been neutral to me.

I mean, of course Exclusives, etc. are another HUGE sway. But as a primary PC user, it's all additional cool stuff for me rather than a primary gaming console.

Regardless, I'm really curious about the next gen and, as always, I'm really excited to see how it all pans out. :)

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Yes, thank you, that's it in a nutshell. I don't feel like I missed a single thing by not owning an Xbox this whole gen. I guess that may change if they have some unbelievable games later, but my technological lust is at an all-time low.
so do you only play Sony games?

It's hard to get excited when console is completely redundant.

I already have Ryzen cpu, I'll just put that 500+ usd in gpu upgrade which will benefit my whole existing game collection on pc.

And I'll have freedom of choosing if I pursue framerates or graphic fidelity on my 144Hz screen

On Demand

Banned
I love current- immediate-emotional reactions. This is the exact reason why marketing exist and hundreds of millions is spent on it.

fck.. sony must be in a big trouble... 🙄

Shai-Tan

Banned
You don't have to want to buy it to be excited about the specs because if you like good graphics, physics, etc it pushes the baseline up for the average game. And if you're on PC many of those games will be released on PC. Else you get whatever is multiplatform with PS5 if you buy that instead.

Last edited:
What a shitty life to care about consoles and not the games. This is something I always hated about gaf. People should fo already with this has x specs but that has y specs and whatever. Just enjoy the god damn games. They can look ugly as shit and still be great even in 2020+. Look at nintendo games. That being said, PC Master Race bitches.

I didn’t buy an Xbox this generation. I’m definitely getting the series X - they’re doing all the right things added to that halo has couch co op back so I’m in.

Grinchy

Banned
I guess it'll be great for 3rd party stuff. And maybe all the new MS studios will pump out some unexpected gems.

But yeah, OP, like you, I can't get the least bit excited for Gears or Halo anymore. Every time they trot out another mediocre entry into those franchises, it feels like a new sequel to Weekend at Bernie's. They're just poorly animating the corpse of a once good franchise over and over again.

Entroyp

I haven’t been excited about anything MS since the x360. I stopped caring for them at around 2009-2010 when everything was about Kinect.

The Xone was a disaster from start to finish and the fact that MS didn’t care for exclusives made me like them even less.

But, it looks like they’re back on track! XsX is an amazing piece of hardware and it SEEMS like they’re working on putting good exclusive single player experiences out there.

I’m a believer but for me PS/Nintendo still hold a closer place in my heart... for now

Last edited:
That's what I like about Xbox. It never feels like a cult.
Uh... all fanboys are cult like but Xbox fanboys were pretty bad at the start of this gen. The YouTube channels have gone absolutely insane with how much they'd actually shill for a company.

Then you have Jay Tech on the PS side and all of the PC elitists.

Pejo

I just hope next gen Xbox isn't afraid to go diverse with its lineup in the upcoming gen. I love that I can buy day 1 on PC which was an awesome move by them, but we need more than Halo/Gears/Forza sequels and shotbang games. Where's the quirky games that made the OG Xbox so fun (Otagi, MechAssault, Phantom Dust, any of the Rare games). As much as the talk is all hardware lately, I want to see some fucking games for once from Phil, not "wait til you see what's in the pipeline!" and "look at the devs we bought!".

lock2k

Banned

The whole mentality of being a fan is what makes people unable to enjoy other stuff.

I enjoy Xbox, Nintendo, Sony, PC, whatever, as long as it has cool games I think every kind of gaming device is interesting.

I really don't get the fan mentality (maybe that's why I find it hard to like sports. I can't follow anything blindly).

Just open your mind and try new stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom