• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I work at NeoGAF for a living..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexa is one of the best comparative metrics for site popularity, but only between popular websites and other popular websites (unpopular websites can be artificially skewed in alexa rank very easily), and not at all for any absolute metrics. Ignore anything it says about actual traffic numbers, demographics, etc., because they don't have access to any of that information.

Ah, that demographics thing in particular.
They've got comparative gender representation and I wasn't sure whether to take it seriously.

All these mods saying that they keep their NeoGAF life private is making me look at the world in a whole new light. Anyone I know could be a secret NeoGAF mod. That guy in the grocery store. My professor. My roommate. ME! Literally anyone is a suspect. I'm going to have to be more careful from now on. I know you guys are stalking me...

It was Crushed. I edited my post. And EatChildren was banned at the time he ascended.

Speaking of EatChildren, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but didn't know where or when to do it, might as well do it here: didn't he like actually die? I clearly remember the news breaking (I think EviLore made the thread at the time IIRC), I cried goddammit... But now he's posting again, he even still has the "why does god always claim our most beautiful bogans so young RIP" tag, and I'm confused as fuck.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Since everyone is in here I have a question.

How scary are the Bishoptl'ian dungeons of gaf's inner parts?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Probs this:

In comparison to the graph, that is.

Please help me understand what in the world you're talking about. Or re-read the graph and try to figure out what information it's actually conveying vs what you think it's conveying, then come back to me.

Salsa

I can't wait for the 'keys to neogaf' modbot giveaway when evilore's about to kick it

this is why we're all here right

I want NeoGAF achievements. At least hire someone to gamify this shit.

Would you like to join the Secret Game?

Only me, Rest, Floridian and EskimoJoe are playing at the moment.

John Kowalski had to... retire... for the evening.

q7Gfuxi.gif

edit: And so did terrisus >.>

Xiraiya

Speaking of EatChildren, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but didn't know where or when to do it, might as well do it here: didn't he like actually die? I clearly remember the news breaking (I think EviLore made the thread at the time IIRC), I cried goddammit... But now he's posting again, he even still has the RIP taken too soon tag, and I'm confused as fuck.

He lives on.

Prove it, bro.
Proven.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Speaking of EatChildren, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but didn't know where or when to do it, might as well do it here: didn't he like actually die? I clearly remember the news breaking (I think EviLore made the thread at the time IIRC), I cried goddammit... But now he's posting again, he even still has the "why does god always claim our most beautiful bogans so young RIP" tag, and I'm confused as fuck.

Hitokage passed away.

Speaking of EatChildren, I've been meaning to ask this for a while but didn't know where or when to do it, might as well do it here: didn't he like actually die?.

EatChildren stepped down but is very much still alive. Hitokage, one of the early folks on board here, passed away unexpectedly a little while ago, and EL made a thread.

Jigorath

Banned
Oh cool we can ask mod questions here.

So what's the deal with modbot? Why isn't his name red? And is he like an actual user? There are questions I feel of the utmost importance.

TomShoe

Banned
Considering GAF only has ~150k members, I wonder what makes us current members the chosen ones. Coincidence? I remember one admin saying they had a backlog of hundreds of thousands of applications.

That, and what % of the user-base actively posts (at least once a week) anyway? I see a lot of the same faces in many threads.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

So what's the deal with modbot? Why isn't his name red? And is he like an actual user? There are questions I feel of the utmost importance.

Modbot is a fake robot handled by all the mods as an experiment

Aeana

ModBot's name isn't red because ModBot is not a mod. He's just a bot.

Dennis

Banned

Modbot is anonymous modding. Or something something cell phones.

Sch1sm

Please help me understand what in the world you're talking about. Or re-read the graph and try to figure out what information it's actually conveying vs what you think it's conveying, then come back to me.

I suspect you are misreading something about the Alexa data. NeoGAF has a shitload of unique visitors per month. :p

I was just clarifying what Exr was speaking of, which you questioned EviLore, not offering my own interpretation of anything. Yikes.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Since we seem to have all the mods here, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the effort. I have enjoyed the site continuously since 2002 and realise a lot of unpaid work goes into keeping this place great. I could never be a mod, it would turn the one thing I do purely for fun and relaxation into work, so I appreciate that you guys volunteer to do it for us.

Aeana

Modbot is anonymous modding. Or something something cell phones.

ModBot's primary function is to let us moderate without having to use the vbulletin mod interface, which is practically unusuable on a mobile device. It's not actually anonymous -- all of our actions are done via our regular users, just initiated from a different interface. The anonymous post/locking feature is just an added bonus that we use when we don't want to get 800 PMs from people complaining about their Sonic x Bayonetta fan art thread being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom