• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I would love to have more preorders available on PSN.

I am a digital only kind of guy which is quickly becoming the norm. I preorder lots of 60 dollar titles digitally, often day 1 despite the protests of some against the practice. My main beef is that most titles are not available to preorder months in advance like on Amazon or Best Buy . There are several games available to preorder on Amazon that I want to buy on PSN but I know that I will have to buy on release day.

I hope by the time PS5 rolls around, all titles will be available to digitally preorder 6 months from their release date. Sony needs to do more to encourage publishers.​

bitbydeath

I think Sony holds back til official release dates are announced before requesting money just incase, but it would be great if they let you at least add newly announced titles to a wishlist so you could keep track of updates as they happen.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Are you nuts? What is the point of this? You realise digital doesn't have a 'limit' supply like physical might of a popular item. Why pay for something unproven? Part of one of the biggest problems with gaming right now.

DonF

As bitbydeath mentioned, you can add games to your wishlist on the ps store. I don´t get why would you love to buy digital months in advance...

Leonidas

Why on earth would anyone advocate for digital pre-orders when there's no refund facility via PSN and you can't even cancel if you change your mind...

Nester99

PSN Pre Orders with no discount and no freebie that you can not cancel for a refund should the self indicated for natural selection in our modern world.

TimFL

There are refunds for preorders in the EU, pretty sure about that.

And I like to preorder games so they automatically preload without me having to move a finger or wait for downloads on launch day.

The reason you can‘t preorder every game is due to the way preorders are designed. If the release date is pushed back or moved out of a certain window the system automatically refunds all active preorders. Shawn talked about this during PSX last year.

I agree with OP and I think the reason is because when you pre-order usually you can preload or at worst it automatically downloads.

When the publisher doesn't let PSN do a pre-order, you basically gotta randomly hit refresh the afternoon of release until PSN does it daily 'update' at a random time and then buy, download. It's a tad inconvenient and borderline annoying if you're hoping to download it ASAP.

It's a simple thing but the added convenience as an option for games you know you're gonna grab regardless and want to download them the moment they hit PSN would be nice.

Top Bottom