• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ID@Xbox Celebrates Release of 1,000 Titles Through the Program.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/10/30/idxbox-hits-1000-title-milestone/

Sixty-seven countries across the globe, over four billion hours played by the community and more than a billion dollars in digital revenue later, we’re thrilled to share that 1,000 games have been released through the ID@Xbox program. Joining some of our most memorable releases like Studio MDHR’s Cuphead, Fullbright’s Tacoma, playdead’s INSIDE, Chucklefish’s Stardew Valley, Matt Makes Games’ Celeste and The Behemoth’s Pit People, games including Team17’s Overcooked 2, Dark Star’s Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption and Pixel Trip Studios’ The Videokid launched this year helping push us to this new milestone.

The 1,000th release this month marks an important milestone for ID@Xbox, and we’re taking the opportunity to look back on the impact our development partners and fans have had on the program.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Aren't ID@Xbox Indie releases? Is this for both Xbox 360 or just Xbox One? If it's the latter, then it's really amazing.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Aren't ID@Xbox Indie releases? Is this for both Xbox 360 or just Xbox One? If it's the latter, then it's really amazing.
Only for xbox one.

2sSbTac.jpg

Pallas

Gold Member
That is pretty impressive, honestly didn’t know there was that many indies on the Xbox One/Win10 platforms.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That is pretty impressive, honestly didn’t know there was that many indies on the Xbox One/Win10 platforms.

That's kind of the problem. 900 out of that 1000 probably came and went virtually unnoticed.

Its hardly a hit factory, and as demonstrated by the games mentioned in the OP, the big successes were the ones backed by heavy promotion, or a pre-existing elevated profile thanks to previous successes.

Pallas

Gold Member
That's kind of the problem. 900 out of that 1000 probably came and went virtually unnoticed.

Its hardly a hit factory, and as demonstrated by the games mentioned in the OP, the big successes were the ones backed by heavy promotion, or a pre-existing elevated profile thanks to previous successes.

Sure, getting that many games, indies or not to be recognized is a huge challenge. I think they hope Gamepass helps getting some of these smaller indie devs more recognition and people to play their games.

How am I supposed to trust somebody when they make a claim that old XNA games were 10x better then current XB1 indie games and for only $1? That's not the quality content I was expecting on GAF.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
How am I supposed to trust somebody when they make a claim that old XNA games were 10x better then current XB1 indie games and for only $1? That's not the quality content I was expecting on GAF.
Well, he was talking about Creator's Collection, which is not the same as ID@Xbox. I do not know whether the XNA line up was better than the Creator's Collection line up, but this was not a statement about ID@Xbox, which, judging by the popularity of Creator's Collection, is probably what you most think of when you say indie games on Xbox One.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well, he was talking about Creator's Collection, which is not the same as ID@Xbox. I do not know whether the XNA line up was better than the Creator's Collection line up, but this was not a statement about ID@Xbox, which, judging by the popularity of Creator's Collection, is probably what you most think of when you say indie games on Xbox One.
Good point.

It really comes down to the definition of indie, and there seems to be different tiers.

You got that amateur hour kind of thing (XNA/Creators Club) where games cost $5 or less and half of them resemble hi-res PS1 games. Or you got that single A (maybe $20-30) decent budget XBLA/PSN.

For me, when I think indie $1 games, it's XNA/Creator Club quality.

Top Bottom