• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ideas for the Zelda series?

- forget the "timeline" and all the other zeldas
- make a direct sequel to Zelda 2 where link must explore other lands outside Hyrule
- use the Mikimoto artwork, ie the best zelda designs ever made and made the ingame characters look just like it
- open world similar to botw but more about unlocking new mysteries and ancient secrets..more exploration and puzzles

e639312d3f306e0675114b401a3c12d4.jpg

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Where's my Ganondorf game?

I do applaud the notion of a Princess Zelda focused game with her as the main protaginist.

Tschumi

A more binary experience of wide world exploration and huge dungeons. As i understand it botw was a giddy whole hearted dive into open world with smaller dungeons.. i could be mistaken though i didn't play it much

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
I'd love to play BotW 2 on Master Mode day 1, since it seemed BotW was tailor made for that mode from the begining

Trilobit

I loved the side quests on Wind Waker's Windfall Island where you had to be sneaky and go around taking pictures and finding hidden entrances to houses. I'd love a game with lots of those kinds of quests instead of just fighting monsters.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Not to poo poo the idea of the thread but I like it when Nintendo surprises me.

I don't for instance think Breath of the Wild 2 is going to be what everyone thinks it is even though its a sequel.

I'd rather they didn't do remakes. In fact if you're stuck remake the Wand of Gamelon or one of the CDI games you cowards.

Star-Lord

A full remake of Link to the Past, on par with the scale of BotW, but with the option to pick/choose/upgrade all your weapons and armour. And a skill tree akin to that in Skyrim.

1. Zelda with MGS stealth mechanics on top of usual Zelda gameplay.
Link can sneak, lean against a wall, knock the wall to distract foes and hide in a pot (instead of cardboard box)

2. Zelda with SotC boss fights. In BotW, Link already has climbing mechanics and stamina meter, should only be aplied to boss fights.

NikuNashi

Nintendo are not stupid enough to hand the franchise to Netflix to shit on the 30 year history with some 2021 fad politics by pushing link to a side character and making it a Zelda kicks ass story.

Elysion

Banned
Since those infamous CDi Zelda games were brought up, there’s something I’ve been wondering about: does Philips still have the rights to use those Nintendo characters, or was there some kind of time limit on the deal they had with Nintendo? It’s pretty remarkable that Nintendo actually allowed another company to use their famous properties on another system.

Imagine if Philips decided to enter the gaming market again and released a console or handheld with exclusive Zelda and Mario games, lol.

Top Bottom