• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle Thumbs Megathread | Indepth discussion inbetween horsebags and birdsounds

dLMN8R

This week's IIT was probably the best episode yet. I f'n lost it when Chris commentated Nick's story about putting his wife out with a blue pill and seeking out the red pill at night.

Luckily the other people on my bus didn't notice how crazy I was. Or at least pretended not to notice.

Did anyone see the Google DeepMind AI that taught itself to walk? It even manages to hoist itself.

https://youtu.be/gn4nRCC9TwQ

ob7JHmZ.gif

Noaloha

I would like you to take all your wildest dreads from that gif, google "badmocap sushi", then connect the dots in a 2025 sort of way.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to IIT in reverse order is hilarious. Chris's utter disdain for the poop talk seemed a little over the top, and then I listened to the previous three weeks.

Anno

I like how, when talking about words that they frequently mispronounce, everyone just glossed over the fact that Jake can't pronounce Chris's last name. Unless that's some intentional memery I've somehow missed.

I like how, when talking about words that they frequently mispronounce, everyone just glossed over the fact that Jake can't pronounce Chris's last name. Unless that's some intentional memery I've somehow missed.

Jake actually pronounces it more correctly than most, because we've known each other since before I started intentionally mispronouncing it to match the way everyone else pronounces it anyway.

Jake

Jake actually pronounces it more correctly than most, because we've known each other since before I started intentionally mispronouncing it to match the way everyone else pronounces it anyway.

I say "gif" correctly too! I'm just right about stuff.

jediyoshi

JlBr4y5.gif

I like how slowly the robot closes the door as if to disguise the fact that it could definitely close it strong enough to lop off your hand.

The Twin Peaks rewatch finale did not disappoint, interesting discussions. Although I would be happy to never hear that bloody fart sound again, made me cringe a bit in the context of a serious discussion and it's such a reductive nothing expression. Sorry Jake! Other than that, man, what a wild ride it has been. Roll on series 4!

Jake

The Twin Peaks rewatch finale did not disappoint, interesting discussions. Although I would be happy to never hear that bloody fart sound again, made me cringe a bit in the context of a serious discussion and it's such a reductive nothing expression. Sorry Jake! Other than that, man, what a wild ride it has been. Roll on series 4!

Haha sorry. I am the Jake and I sound like this.

Jake

Did I miss some announcement that IiT episodes would be published on the weekends?

No we were just running late this weekend. (I was especially late in getting it posted to the website after chris edited it.)

We always aim for Thursday but sometimes it slips.

plufim

One of the guys recommended The Katering Show a few weeks back. Just thought I should mention that they now have a half hour TV show here in Australia, a parody early morning variety show called "Get Krackin".

It was clearly meant to be on Seeso as well, but given what happened there, anyone outside Australia who wants to see it will have to use.... other means.

It's very good. Episode 1 has Sam Niel. Yes, that Sam Niel.

Oh yeah, big thanks for the Katering Show recommendation - I think it was Chris. One of the best comedies I have ever seen. Amazing stuff. And Get Krackin' is just as hilarious.

Top Bottom