• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idolm@ster: One For All announced (ps3)

m0t0k1

There is going to be a new Idolm@ster game called The Idolm@ster: One For All. In this game you can manage all of the 13 girls. Can't wait to run a Miki, Iori, Haruka team. Maybe it is time to get a ps3. Games are region free right?

idolmaster-one-for-all.jpg

The new game, entitled Idolm@ster: One For All, is a simulation title that lets players — who play the role of an artiste manager at a idol producer or artiste manager at a talent agency — manage any of the series’s 13 mainstay characters.

Not much else is known about the new game at this moment. According to @earlbox, who has managed to purchase an early copy of Famitsu magazine this week, a few screenshots from the new game were shared in the magazine, but the character modelling in these screens did not look very different from the type used in The Idolm@ster 2 on the PS3.

He also said that Idolm@ster: One For All, once purchased, can be activated from the free-to-play Idolm@ster Channel, and that a PV for the game will be shown at an Akabane event in the near future.
source

edit: looks like a november 2 reveal date according to silliconera

Skwerl

shame about the lack of character model update, I really do love the redesigned version they did for the anime =\

I need to know more about this. Lots of F2P speculation at the minute, but I'll probably not buy unless it's a "new" one. Not expecting anything too revolutionary, but it won't take much to get me interested.

Never played one of these, is knowing how to read/listen to Japanese important?

You can make it through to the end without knowing Japanese, but it's definitely a lot harder. Start with Live 4 You or Shiny Festa, which are rhythm action games as opposed to full-on simulations.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait. Famitsu, already? That sounds way too soon. We normally get Famitsu leaks on late Tuesday / early Wednesday, today's Monday.

m0t0k1

You can make it through to the end without knowing Japanese, but it's definitely a lot harder. Start with Live 4 You or Shiny Festa, which are rhythm action games as opposed to full-on simulations.

Yeah i did make it through the campaign. without knowing japanese. I can understand a bit of the talking parts but can't read. managed to find a way to raise stats and go to festivals. . But also was playing it at a friends house who is a japanese guy so he helped translating the basics and stuff so way easier to play that way. also called him when i got stuck but wanted to complete the game on my own for the most part. So lots of angry Miki faces haha :p

All 13 idols? Hell yes, that means I can finally have a unit with Ritsuko and Azusa.

Never played one of these, is knowing how to read/listen to Japanese important?

In the case of Idolmaster 2 you'll need a guide for communication events, the map of Japan and some other dialogue, but the vast majority of the game can be learnt from trial and error, repetition or just watching someone else play through. I don't understand a scrap of Japanese and have completed it multiple times with ease. There is an absolutely fantastic strategy wiki which lists everything you need to know.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how long it will take them to get to PS4. I might have a hard time remembering the PS3 exists after next month.

Sounds like the Idolm@ster game I want. I'd run a god tier team of Miki, Chihaya, and Iori (solely because of her VA). Too bad there's no subtitles or anything. Are there any Bioware type stuff where you have to manage interpersonal relationships/conflicts of the idols in this?

PsionBolt

PS3...? Colour me surprised. I get the idea of stop-gap filler to make the wait for Imas 3 easier, but I was pretty confident that it would be portable. Huh.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Game models are too dated. I want to play the new arcade game, don't want another console im@s rehash. Unless Eri Mizutani is produceable, which she isn't.

Also they need to update the otoge portions so it's not just shinyfesta over and over.

Finally my Takane-Chihaya-Azusa unit will come true!

Replace Azusa and good team.

m0t0k1

PS3...? Colour me surprised. I get the idea of stop-gap filler to make the wait for Imas 3 easier, but I was pretty confident that it would be portable. Huh.

Well i think they needed something for when the movie is releasing. This makes perfect sense to have a game accompany that. Also people where dissapointed they could not play with ryugu komachi formation. So this makes lots of people happy and i also was hoping for a new game. Im@s 3 and a vita game will probably arrive next year or 2015.

StayDead

I bought Idolmaster 2 in the JPN PSN sale recently so this is somewhat good news for me. Will definately import.

My unit of Chihaya, Makoto, Yukiho and Takane will live! :D

Accoun

Finally my Takane-Chihaya-Azusa unit will come true!

Lets go dream team Miki, Chihaya and Makoto.

My unit of Chihaya, Makoto, Yukiho and Takane will live! :D

Me likes. :-D

Anyway,
Famitsu.com has gone up with its online preview of The Idolmaster: One For All, Namco Bandai’s newly announced Idolmaster for PlayStation 3.

The game allows players to produce all 13 idols of the 765 Production talent agency. You’ll communicate with the girls while working as their producer.

In The Idolmaster 2, you produced three-person units, but in One For All, there are various situations with differing locations and number of idols to communicate with.

A new theme song and melody will debut alongside a trailer for the game at “The Idolmaster Secret Event @ Akabane” this Saturday, November 2.

A release date for The Idolmaster: One For All has not been announced.
http://gematsu.com/2013/10/first-look-at-the-idolmaster-one-for-all (has some shots)

Looks like it's basically just an Idolmaster 2 reskin. I'm actually ok with that because it means no fumbling about with new gameplay mechanics or waiting for a translation guide.

StayDead

I've only been able to play the fan-translated PSP ones... damn this one sounds great, damn you Bamco.

Never a better time to start learning a new language. Heck, by the time it comes out you should have a basic grasp and be able to use it to help you learn some more. ^^

x2JvE0r.png

RoyalFool

Banned
That looks so good.

Trailer doesn't really reveal much about the game-play other than the obvious (new songs, outfits etc) but the main change is you are now THE producer of all the idols, so no longer having to just pick three of them. I also get the impression it's more story/event driven.

Prepare your wallets now for the inevitable insanely overpriced DLC

That looks so good.

Trailer doesn't really reveal much about the game-play other than the obvious (new songs, outfits etc) but the main change is you are now THE producer of all the idols, so no longer having to just pick three of them. I also get the impression it's more story/event driven.

Prepare your wallets now for the inevitable insanely overpriced DLC

Sounds like what happened in the anime.

StayDead

I started playing Idolm@ster 2 today after buying it on the JPN PSN sale recently. Didn't get much time with it, just enough time to watch some Makoto in S4U <3

DiGiKerot

I started playing Idolm@ster 2 today after buying it on the JPN PSN sale recently. Didn't get much time with it, just enough time to watch some Makoto in S4U <3

Have fun! Just bear in mind that the game is somewhat rigged in so much as you won't be able to do "well" in your first game.

synce

No word of a 360 version eh? I don't think I've ever seen a series start as Xbox exclusive and end up PS exclusive in the same generation. Anyway I'm looking forward to it

No word of a 360 version eh? I don't think I've ever seen a series start as Xbox exclusive and end up PS exclusive in the same generation. Anyway I'm looking forward to it

They showed an IM@S logo during the PS4 conference at TGS. I'm assuming from this point forward the franchise is going be PS exclusive, especially considering how the Xbone isn't even going to launch in Japan until 2016, Tier 7 country or something.

Accoun

My bad. Too excited. ;_;

Anyway, looks like it's gonna be out 15th May.

Also, special edition:

First release limited edition version "765pro New Produce BOX" contents
&#12539;Main visual (office version) special made BOX
&#12539;Special Drama CD "765 pro is going! A Top idol job inspection (temporary name)"
&#12539;Limited original design costume product code
&#12539;765 pro idols business use pamphlet
&#12539;765 pro calender (everyone's scribbles)
&#12539;President's cloth cleaner (cloth with a quote from the President)
&#12539;vertical poster of one of the idols

&#9632;Special first time enclosed
&#12539;"idolmaster cinderella girls" and "idolmaster million live" limited idol serial numbers included

Top Bottom