• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Capcom made another Marvel vs Capcom, what do you want to see?

Fbh

- More single player content. Mabye a more interesting story mode or something like the challenge tower of Mortal Kombat.

- Unlockables: Not characters, but mabye alternate costumes, special sound tracks, funny game modes (you know, "low gravity mode" or "insta KO mode" and stuff like that), etc

- This on the back cover:
"Hey, Capcom here.
Feel free to buy this game and enjoy it. We won't be releasing a "ultime version" with tons of new content and separate online communities withing a few months.
We will release DLC, we are capcom after all, but it can all be purchased for this game right here without the need of having to buy a different retail copy".

After looking up into it myself (while I was waiting for your reply) I don't think that seems to be the case. MVC2 is definitely part of a deal made before the Disney buyout but this article makes it seem like MVC3 may not have been part of it.

They were playing dumb. MvC3 started development in 2008, and the legal negotiations started even further before that:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/23/marvel-vs-capcom-3-in-development-since-summer-2008/

“We really started working in development in summer 2008. But all the contract and legal negotiations — that came way before that, as well. So … we started to produce this game before the success of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 as a downloadable title,”

El Sloth

Banned
That would involve a risk. Capcom seems happier hiding under the bed.
Don't care. This is a what do you want to see thread and that is exactly what I want to see. Feasibility and reality have no place here! Just look at the OP!
Anyone looking for a Darkstalkers fix should just pick up Xrd when it comes out.
You know damn well these two are not the same. (Although I'd be picking it up anyways)

Csr

I would like to see better netcode, better stages(subjective obviously) and some more balance patches so that stuff like losing your two other characters and winning with xf3 vergil is not a valid strategy.

-full 3D, a la Naruto Ninja Storm
-get to pick a "card" that gives your team some special ability (like Heroes and Heralds, but only one card and less powerful)
-X Factor can be used as burst
-improved TAC risk/reward instead of removing TACs, since it's cool to switch characters in a combo

EDIT: And Thor needs a hammer throwing move!

after reading some articles online; Capcom recently lost the Marvel license since Disney didn't bother to renew it and Capcom didn't make a big fuss to keep the license. i'm guessing Capcom's financial situation wasn't helping he situation when it came to licensing fees either. also digital version of the MvsC games were taken down recently too from xbl and psn. so i wonder if Disney is shopping the Marvel license around of just retiring the license from being used as a fighting game series. i would love to see Arcsys work on the game in the style of Guilty Gear xrd or BlazeBlue. hell, a BlazeBlue, Guilty Gear, Persona vs Marvel would be dope.

SOURCE: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-vs-capcom-to-disappear-from-xbl-and-psn.aspx

Number_6

Frequent balance patches to the one and only version of the game. No dlc, free and unlockable characters and costumes. A release that is feature rich, not barebones and lazy like mvc3. No ultimate edition, super, etc...ONLY ONE VERSION!

A pipe dream. This is capcom.

Neoxon

A cast not dictated by the hot new superhero movies out that summer.
This is modern Marvel we're talking about, that isn't happening. The Avengers & soon the Guardians of the Galaxy are the big heroes now like the X-Men & Spider-Man were in the 90's.

Likewise, most of our fan picks are out of 90's nostalgia. Eddie Brock won't be Venom again anytime soon, & Gambit isn't relevant anymore.

I'm of the minority opinion that the series crossed the point of no return with Marvel vs Capcom 2 and preferred the simplicity of the earlier crossovers. I personally would like them to revisit the idea of a Capcom Fighting Jam type game, but this time with some actual effort. No Marvel. 1 on 1 fighter with a smallish roster (under 24) with an emphasis on balance. 2D or Guilty Gear Xrd style 3D. Characters pulled from all over the Capcom universe with slightly less than half originating from the Street Fighter series.

or

Another Capcom vs SNK 3 with KOFXIII graphics

Neoxon

I'm of the minority opinion that the series crossed the point of no return with Marvel vs Capcom 2 and preferred the simplicity of the earlier crossovers. I personally would like them to revisit the idea of a Capcom Fighting Jam type game, but this time with some actual effort. No Marvel. 1 on 1 fighter with a smallish roster (under 24) with an emphasis on balance. 2D or Guilty Gear Xrd style 3D. Characters pulled from all over the Capcom universe with slightly less than half originating from the Street Fighter series.

or

Another Capcom vs SNK 3 with KOFXIII graphics
I remember Capcom saying that they won't go back to sprite-based fighters. Hell, even ASW is transitioning to 3D models when Xrd. They take less time to make with detail & are easier to make alternate costumes for. There's no reason for them to go back to sprites.

Skullgirls will have to fill void for full 2D fighters, & it does a damn good job of doing so.

karasu

I need a slow this shit down mode. Half of the time when I try to play I get hit a million times before I can do anything.

Jaeger

I guess it's universal that in terms of graphics/visual, Xrd is the new pinnacle of fighting games.

In terms of concept, I enjoy the Marvel fighters. But I would like to see another Vs SNK title, or as many others have stated a straight up CAPCOM fighting game. And I hope if it does happen, I don't want 90% of the characters from Street Fighter. And I also want them to be bold and stay away from Ryu for once.

Neoxon

thf3hen.jpg

You had the racoon, completle the set.

Also
The only Guardians I could see being added alongside Rocket Raccoon would be Star-Lord & Groot. They'd have to get creative with Gamora & Drax.
There's always Adam Warlock.

As for Black Panther, he's too obvious of a choice that Marvel won't pick him
like how he's hasn't gotten his own MCU movie, yet

Top Bottom