• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Capcom made another Marvel vs Capcom, what do you want to see?

Drayco21

Capcom can do whatever with the mechanics, I trust in their ability to make a fighting game.

As far as roster? I would want Marvel to include Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, Agent Venom (Eddie plz go), Star-Lord, Loki, Ultron and Rightclops as realistic additions, dream additions that would never happen of Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Doctor Nemesis, Arana, Phyla and Nick Fury Sr.

I would want Capcpom to include Asura, Gene, Mega Man (classic), Akira, Someone from Powerstone, a Felyne and the return of Captain Commando. It'd be super unlikely, but I'd love to see Q, Skullomania, DmC Dante and Maximo.

Coda

Another thing UMvC3 lost a bit from MvC2 was just the pure chaos of the game, it was modernized but like characters having supers where supporting characters came out like BB Hood's super or Sabretooth's super, that shit was bonkers. Bring more of the bonkers, I play fighting games for fun and I understand balance but the moment a Marvel game becomes balanced it's not really much fun. As long as every character is viable in someway, the game will be cool.

kogasu

-I always liked MvC2 for it's huge roster. I'd say they should bring that back.

-None of this "Hey, let's release another version with more characters after everyone has just bought the first version"

Characters:

-Demitri

-Captain Commando

-Ruby Heart would be cool.

-Leon and Ada are pretty well suited for a fighting game. I feel like at least one of them should be there helping represent Resident Evil over one of the other characters.

-Mega Man.... I don't even care which version.
X

-Gambit

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Tone down the X Factor.

Better netcode.

Shorter combos. Imo, combos shouldn't last minutes to the point where you can go make a sandwich and come back and it is still going on.

Village

thf3hen.jpg

You had the racoon, completle the set.

Also

Hasney

Huge roster and fuck balance. Sure, if you can balance 125 characters, then feel free, but I just want madness.

Also, the super/ultimate/fuck you edition to come out less than a year later. Just spin in out so I can buy it at that point instead of wasting my money on the original.

Huge roster and fuck balance. Sure, if you can balance 125 characters, then feel free, but I just want madness.

Also, the super/ultimate/fuck you edition to come out less than a year later. Just spin in out so I can buy it at that point instead of wasting my money on the original.
there hasn't been balance in any VS game. umvc3 might be the most "balanced" of them all.

Honestly the VS series is not casual friendly and never will be as long as capcom makes it a free form fighting like mvc2/3. The skill gap is just to large and having a large roster will mean more characters will be shit and more casuals will quit because their favorite character isn't good.

Also the vs series with its current incarnation of the assist system is best played as a 3v3. 2v2 would be stupid since you would have near zero chance of coming back once your first character dies. They tried to alleviate this with Xfactor and well we all know how much that is loved.

FireVoa

Capcom fighters

Ryu
Ken
Chun Li
Guile
Cammy
Zangief
Akuma
Juri
M. Bison
Mega Man or X
Zero
Tron Bonne
Leon Kennedy
Jill Valentine
Albert Wesker
Demitri
Morrigan
Felicia
Lilith
Dante
Vergil
Nero
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Strider Hiryu
Arthur
Jin Saotome
Frank West

Marvel fighters

Cyclops
Wolverine
Gambit
Magneto
Storm
Rogue
Juggernaut
Spider-man
Venom
Nightcrawler
Thor
Hulk
Phoenix
Captain America
Iron Man
Psylocke
Emma Frost
Loki
Dormmamu
Omega Red
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Doctor Octopus
Doctor Doom
Doctor Strange
Green Goblin
Mr. Fantastic
Star Lord

Mista Koo

I don't want another Marvel vs Capcom, I want Capcom vs Capcom.

Roster would be similar to UMvC3 but with the Marvel side replaced.
I want 3 characters: Zack & Wiki, Sissel and Akira. The rest can be from anything but Street Fighter, the latter can have 3 more spots (preferably not world warriors).

A return to the traditional Capcom 6-button layout of 3 punches and 3 kicks.

I am a big fan of Capcom's Marvel series from X-Men:COTA to MvC1, enjoying how fun (and broken) each game was along the way. But they started losing me with MvC2, and a big reason was the move away from the traditional 6-button layout to other layouts I did not care for.

I would like to have the game. The full game. Not the game with adjectives in front it's name. The full game, right at its release, not 60% of the full game at the start, sprinked with 10% in DLC and with the other 15% released in two new versions different adjectives in front of it's name.

I want Marvel VS Capcom 4 to be what Marvel VS Capcom 2 was. Pure unadulterated fun without pieces of content cut out.

I find with Marvel vs. Capcom games I'm always more interested in seeing more Marvel characters so I've decided I just want a Marvel fighting game.

Capcom has plenty of other fighting games to feature their own creations.

Boogybro

I wanna see:

- Rock Howard
- Terry Bogard
- Joe
- Yuri
- Hibiki
- Iori
- Rugal

Oh wait, that would make it Capcom Vs. SNK 3.

A Monster Hunter character.

IF we are talking specifics of what my dream would be, then it would be a female Kirin armor hunter. Her attacks would consist of multiple weapons so some attacks she'd whip out a huge Greatsword other attacks she could fire off a HBG bullet. Some of her special moves could be laying pitfall traps or throwing a flash bomb. She could even have a grapple move where she carves the opponent. Supers could be much like Jill from MvC2 where a giant Rathalos could charge through. Or maybe throw a Felyne bomb and a ton of cats come out to attack.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just want some single-player content. Just look at what Neatherrealm do with their fighting games? Jam packed with stuff.

Just port UMVC3 to PS4/X1/PC with Netcode & Matchmaking that doesn't suck.
Then give it a reasonable balance update, fix the awful menus & save/dlc prompts and make X-factor last as long as level one for all three levels. Then we might have a respectable game.

And while we're talking reasonable expectations, add a few more Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy and maybe a couple Monster Hunters and Megaman.

Eidan

Issues with Marvel and it's licenses has soured me on the franchise. I say just make it a full Capcom roster.

shaowebb

• large amount of unlockables in terms of alts, colors, art, and additional modes, minigames
  • long story mode like MK9
  • arcade bizarro "character endings" like capcom does now
  • Comic book tie in from Udon with new chapters as high point unlockable content when they hit.
  • Custom soundtrack options just as an extra
  • Heroes and Heralds mode with local play and more cards
  • Lower the damage to remove TOD factors that turn it into a front loaded team game
  • just toss out TAC for Guilty Gear air combos
  • Remove X-factor and replace with Baroque-style system
  • Pay more attention to designing characters to function within the game they made. Iron Fist and many others feel made as a tribute to the character, but not with any real intentions to have them able to handle the offense and footsies the game environment was made to use
  • A LOT of character tosses for new roster. more cast doesn't equal better...it equates to redundancy. 50 is the maximum and thats only due to the tag factor of the game...honestly a ton of redundancy is already an issue. Mix it up. Do a new roster. Keep some, adjust them, but outright make a new game not an update in the sequel and it'll be more exciting and fresh IMO. So dont just reuse a ton of roster...mix it up with new challengers taking on new roles.
  • Better online
  • Hitbox viewer
  • Fix the meters to look more attractive and lay them out better.
  • in game frame data
  • youtube upload options and livestreaming options

shaowebb

I find with Marvel vs. Capcom games I'm always more interested in seeing more Marvel characters so I've decided I just want a Marvel fighting game.

Capcom has plenty of other fighting games to feature their own creations.
Honestly this is how I really feel about it at this point. Fans want an all Capcom fighter more than a vs and Marvel fans want an all Marvel fan more than a vs title. It'd be preferrable IMO to just go all one way for both rosters. Make a Marvel title and make a Capcom title and just flood the rosters to 50 on each.

Jawmuncher

I want to see more reps spanning across capcom IPs.
Dino Crisis, Breath of Fire, Onimusha, and so on.

Rather have 1 chracter per franchise than a whole team franchise. This is coming form someone who plays an all Resident Evil team when he plays UMVC3

Arukado

- Playable netcode.
- A good UI.
- Remove the >10 seconds wait for dlc checking, thanks (i don't buy dlc so i shouldn't have to wait for this shit).
- Gene.
- I don't want a new release 6 months later, thanks.

Skab

No TAC, no X-Factor. Balanced. That's really all I would need.

But were never getting another marvel game so it doesn't matter.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
A return to the traditional Capcom 6-button layout of 3 punches and 3 kicks.

I am a big fan of Capcom's Marvel series from X-Men:COTA to MvC1, enjoying how fun (and broken) each game was along the way. But they started losing me with MvC2, and a big reason was the move away from the traditional 6-button layout to other layouts I did not care for.
Why

Pompadour

[QUOTE="D";101548904]NO DLC[/QUOTE]

Yeah! And also, the game itself should be free as both Capcom and Marvel should work together on this game as a gift to the fans!

Anyway, your dream Marvel Vs. Capcom is very reminiscent of my dream Mortal Kombat Vs. Street Fighter crossover game that I envisioned on the playground in fifth grade, including adding characters that neither company actually own (I love Jojo too man but come on).

I have a lot of issues with just about everything but I'll just use your "NO DLC" remark as a jumping off point. If you realistically want a gigantic roster in a fighting game then you are either going to have to accept DLC, multiple paid updates as "new" titles, or cobbling together ancient assets from old titles to boost the roster (a LA MvC, CvS, CFJ, etc.). Even in Tekken, the example you used, re-uses a lot of assets like character animation game to game. Tekken Tag 2 was built off Tekken 6 and Tekken Bloodline Rebellion. This idea apparently wants to build everything just for this one, gigantic game.

I'm not a huge fan of DLC but people who expect massive games with AAA budgets and expensive IP licenses in niche genres to be paid for by a few million people at best buying the game at retail price seems so ridiculous, out of touch, and entitled. News like GTAV getting massive profits from DLC gives me satisfaction because I know it bothers people who think something like this is even feasible.

I know you said "Dream Game" so within that context you can let your imagination run wild. But if it's a dream game why stop there? Why not add every Capcom character and every Marvel character in existence? Why stop at those two companies when we can throw in characters owned by DC, Netherrealm, SNK, ASW, Sega, Konami, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Tom Clancy as well as the cast of Fighter's History.

No? Why not? Because that's silly?

HardRojo

An actual balance patch and post release support.

Yeah! And also, the game itself should be free as both Capcom and Marvel should work together on this game as a gift to the fans!

Anyway, your dream Marvel Vs. Capcom is very reminiscent of my dream Mortal Kombat Vs. Street Fighter crossover game that I envisioned on the playground in fifth grade, including adding characters that neither company actually own (I love Jojo too man but come on).

I have a lot of issues with just about everything but I'll just use your "NO DLC" remark as a jumping off point. If you realistically want a gigantic roster in a fighting game then you are either going to have to accept DLC, multiple paid updates as "new" titles, or cobbling together ancient assets from old titles to boost the roster (a LA MvC, CvS, CFJ, etc.). Even in Tekken, the example you used, re-uses a lot of assets like character animation game to game. Tekken Tag 2 was built off Tekken 6 and Tekken Bloodline Rebellion. This idea apparently wants to build everything just for this one, gigantic game.

I'm not a huge fan of DLC but people who expect massive games with AAA budgets and expensive IP licenses in niche genres to be paid for by a few million people at best buying the game at retail price seems so ridiculous, out of touch, and entitled. News like GTAV getting massive profits from DLC gives me satisfaction because I know it bothers people who think something like this is even feasible.

I know you said "Dream Game" so within that context you can let your imagination run wild. But if it's a dream game why stop there? Why not add every Capcom character and every Marvel character in existence? Why stop at those two companies when we can throw in characters owned by DC, Netherrealm, SNK, ASW, Sega, Konami, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Tom Clancy as well as the cast of Fighter's History.

No? Why not? Because that's silly?

I don't like DLC characters in FGs, what I prefer is the way SF4 handles it, a forced upgrade to the next version so everyone has all the characters available by default if they decide to upgrade, that way you don't have to worry about people not having all characters available if they are playing the current version.

GooeyHeat

Why are Dio Brando and "Jojo" on this list? They're not Marvel or Capcom characters, not to mention that there's 8 different characters who can go by the nickname "Jojo", so you'll have to be more specific.

Basically, what I'm saying is that OP cannot consider this game idea anymore until after they read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. That's your punishment, your sentence begins now.

Top Bottom