• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"If I think of the top ten best dicks I've ever had, they didn't play videogames."

giphy.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
This all boils down to video games not being taken seriously as a medium. Because they are seen as immature and pointless.

Honestly, being seen as immature and pointless by people like those portrayed in this video ain't that much of an issue. 🤔

hats why games like TLOU 2 are so important. More of those and the medium will be taken more seriously, eventually.

The idea that TLOU2 is mature and meaningful is seriously debatable.

OuterLimits

Honestly, being seen as immature and pointless by people like those portrayed in this video ain't that much of an issue. 🤔

The idea that TLOU2 is mature and meaningful is seriously debatable.

Yeah, I'm not sure "zombie" style video games come across as mature and meaningful to some people. I really enjoyed The first TLOU though but haven't played the sequel.

Granted, I enjoy apocalyptic fiction. Stuff like 'The Stand' and 'Swan Song' are interesting end of the world novels. I still find the apocalyptic fiction written during the Cold War between the 1950s and 1980s much more memorable than the typical zombie fiction we largely get today. Some recent exceptions like 'One Second After' are pretty disturbing though.

Top Bottom