• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Nintendo got rid of Toad for good, would you be upset?

DNAbro

NOA's twitter this afternoon was "taken over" by toad and made me come to realization. I fucking hate Toad. If the next core Mario game were to have no Toads, I wouldn't miss them. If any of the spin offs were to get rid of him I would say good riddance. Generic Toads are a bane on Mario games and if they are in games at least make them somewhat a character like Captain Toad.

CwXcMfGXgAAcCih.jpg

So let me ask you, if Nintendo stopped using Toad, would you actually be upset?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I like Toad, but generic Toad shouldn't be a replacement for original or interesting characters.

Love the shit out of Toad on n64 (Kart master). Still detest that little blockhead bitch that takes his place in Mario Party 3

TheGrue

Toad is GOAT. Was legit mad at Dan Ryckert being mad there was so much Toad in Color Splash. I can't get enough Toad.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
of course not. how he got his own game is the sole reason the wii u failed the way it did, because no one wanted to associate themselves with a console that would harbor a game about a talking fungus. And he sounds like a chicken.

Toad is a fantastic racer and supposedly a very good friend of Mario. The Toads instead are useless characters, they keep damaging his public image. Thank god he's got his friends Captain Toad and Toadette who keep the standard high.
That yellow toad from NSMBWii though... ugh.

Eusis

I'd be upset to see them gone, but not for them to completely lose their ability to speak.

Though a slightly less grating voice would be better. And I might have Stockholm Syndrome and miss that voice afterall.

Kthulhu

of course not. how he got his own game is the sole reason the wii u failed the way it did, because no one wanted to associate themselves with a console that would harbor a game about a talking fungus. And he sounds like a chicken.

Says the guy with the Teddie avatar.

maxcriden

I'd be really sad. The Toads in Color Splash are amazing. I love Captain Toad. I love the fire awwo nawwwo noise toads make in the 3D Mario games when you jump on them.

Give me Captain Toad 2.

Best Mario character after Birdo.
No spoilers but there's something in Color Splash you might like.

Top Bottom