• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If possible, what port would you want from a platform you don't have?

Ogbert

I’d love Ori and the Will o’the Wisps on PS5, for adaptive trigger support.

I’ve beaten the game four times across PC and Switch. I sincerely think it is a stone cold masterpiece and have it in my top 5 games of all time. It’s almost underrated; I can’t help but feel that if Nintendo or Sony published it, it would have been placed on top of Mount Olympus.

Larxia

In this thread hypothetical inter-brand ports are allowed. Like a microsoft game on playstation and vice versa. Don't take this thread seriously, it is just hypothetical.

I would want Sunset Overdrive the most ported over to my PS5 from Xbox One. The game has a very fun and beautiful aesthetic. I'd also want others such as Killer Instinct and Halo Infinite but Sunset Overdrive intrigues me the most of the modern Xbox exclusives and I already own a Switch, 3DS and all PS consoles except 1 so I wouldn't need to port anything from other brands.
Sunset Overdrive is fantastic, it's one of my favorite games and it's criminally underrated. It has the best traversal gameplay I ever played, and it's so fun and beautiful. It's a real throwback to old school arcade games like tony hawk, SSX etc, it's really amazing.

For my personal pick, I would want Gravity Rush 1 and 2 on PC, it's my dream port.
I would also really like SSX games remastered on PC with online.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Bloodborne
I'm surprised this has only been said once. A much loved game held back by poor performance, with not even a PS5 patch to help it yet a fan can do it on his own. A PC port would be an instant hit, but maybe that's why we haven't seen it. It would take away from a potential PS5 remake/remaster.

murmulis

Don't know what the deal is regarding PC Dualsense compatibility but I'd love to see Astro's Playroom ported.
Dual sense features work out of the box on PC if the game supports it. Tested Metro Exodus - worked fine. Not many games support it unfortunately.

murmulis

I'm surprised this has only been said once. A much loved game held back by poor performance, with not even a PS5 patch to help it yet a fan can do it on his own. A PC port would be an instant hit, but maybe that's why we haven't seen it. It would take away from a potential PS5 remake/remaster.
Does that game even need a remake? It still looks very good.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Does that game even need a remake? It still looks very good.
It's a fast paced game with a 30fps lock and a stuttering problem, which is part of why I thought we'd have seen official improvements to it by now. Something like that would shine at a smooth 60

ungalo

I played Bloodborne but now that i don't have a Playstation i still would want it on my Series X (in 60 fps of course). And also Nioh 2.

Otherwise not much, Demon's Souls remake and Ratchet just for the visuals because there is no next gen game like that on Xbox. Actually the two PS5 games i really want are not out yet (Rise of The Ronin and Final Fantasy 16), maybe i'll buy the console in like 2 years.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Nothing. I buy a console if there's a game I want to play.

I won't ever buy a console again if there's only one game I want to play.

Bought a PS4 for TLOU and because people said the graphics were better, never completed the game.

Also bought Driveclub which was a huge dissapointment. Insanely overhyped.

I love Nintendo and their games, bought the switch but rarely boots it up because my go to platforms are pc and Xbox where I own 99 percent of my library.

So I on second thought, I'd love all the Nintendo games on pc or Xbox.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Xenogears_box.jpg

Deserves a port/remaster with higher resolution polygon models, redone character sprites, and A.I upscaled textures. PC/Switch/PS4/PS5/XBSX

SSfox

None.

Well, Bayonetta 3 is already out so it's late at this point, but is wish it was made and designed for a none so Jurassic hardware.

Alandring

I would like to see Sea of Thieves on PlayStation and Switch. I think it deserves to have access to more players.

Sunset Overdrive is fantastic, it's one of my favorite games and it's criminally underrated. It has the best traversal gameplay I ever played, and it's so fun and beautiful. It's a real throwback to old school arcade games like tony hawk, SSX etc, it's really amazing.

For my personal pick, I would want Gravity Rush 1 and 2 on PC, it's my dream port.
I would also really like SSX games remastered on PC with online.
These arcadey games like SO being released nowadays are honestly gems.

I've heard of gravity rush 2. Game looks interesting.

kubricks

Age of Calamity to be ported to other console that can run it at a stable 30 fucking fps, which is any other console apart from the Switch.

Ozriel

M$FT
Beauty of owning everything is that I can play everything

Maybe I’d like Switch exclusives on more powerful hardware, but I realize I can just emulate them on my PC.

Maybe more VR ports?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Bloodborne on PC
SMT V on PC
Panzer Dragoon Saga on PC
Vanillaware games everywhere
Vampire Survivors on Android/iOS

Edit: missed the part about not being available in platforms I have. I' ve already played all those except for PDS, but I'd still like for them to be available in more platforms.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gears of war is a good example of a third person shooter, really great franchise that determined the fate of the first half of the 7th generation of gaming (360 vs ps3)

Rudius

I would like to have the classic Need For Speed games ported to PS5 and Series X hardware, specially NFS 3 Hot Pursuit (1998) and NFS Hot Pursuit 2 (2002, PS2 version). If they had VR support as well (for PSVR2 and PCVR) I would cry.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Basically every Switch exclusive to be ported to XS5 and PC.

I already have a Switch so im kinda cheating, but some of these games could really have done with having better hardware under them.
The ports would give the devs some breathing room to realize some of the features the wanted to implement but couldnt due to limited hardware.
Also, crossplay Smash/MarioKart.

Ive got a PS4 so this is also cheating, but Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2 for PC.
Both games are absolutely stunning, but are unlikely to ever recieve updates.
A PC build could let the resolution and framerate run wild.

gr2-key-visual.jpg

Don't know what the deal is regarding PC Dualsense compatibility but I'd love to see Astro's Playroom ported.
Full support on PC.
But im not sure why you would want Astros Playroom on PC?

Orta

Banned
Basically every Switch exclusive to be ported to XS5 and PC.

I already have a Switch so im kinda cheating, but some of these games could really have done with having better hardware under them.
The ports would give the devs some breathing room to realize some of the features the wanted to implement but couldnt due to limited hardware.
Also, crossplay Smash/MarioKart.

Ive got a PS4 so this is also cheating, but Gravity Rush and Gravity Rush 2 for PC.
Both games are absolutely stunning, but are unlikely to ever recieve updates.
A PC build could let the resolution and framerate run wild.

gr2-key-visual.jpg

Full support on PC.
But im not sure why you would want Astros Playroom on PC?

Because I don't have a ps5?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The ONLY port I want is….
153618-250191.jpg

My Vita is not exactly in best shape, especially it joysticks all messed up.

darrylgorn

I've never owned a PlayStation and never cared for any games on that platform but if I absolutely had to choose one, it would be Gran Turismo, I guess?

Edit: Nvm, definitely sign me up for Fable 2 on PC.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm kind of cheating here because I do have one somewhere in the closet, but I wish we'd get a PC/PS5/Xbox port of the Vita version of Muramasa Rebirth. Vanillaware should just re-release their whole catalogue on PC, in my opinion.

You can emulate the Wii version on PC, but Rebirth has a lot of new content and is the superior version.

We need this removed from the Vita blackhole:
Y4qpc.gif

muramasa-oboro.gif

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm kind of cheating here because I do have one somewhere in the closet, but I wish we'd get a PC/PS5/Xbox port of the Vita version of Muramasa Rebirth. Vanillaware should just re-release their whole catalogue on PC, in my opinion.

You can emulate the Wii version on PC, but Rebirth has a lot of new content and is the superior version.

Y4qpc.gif

muramasa-oboro.gif
giphy.gif

GametimeUK

Jet Set Radio Future to PC.

I recently played Jet Set Radio for the first time ever recently and it was amazing. I really want to play the sequel.

Celcius

°Temp. member

Y4qpc.gif

muramasa-oboro.gif
This is exactly what I came to say. We need Muramasa on modern systems!

diffusionx

Gold Member
Jet Set Radio Future to PC.

I recently played Jet Set Radio for the first time ever recently and it was amazing. I really want to play the sequel.
I too loved the original and was bitterly disappointed by Future.

anyway we are at the point now where there are a lot of Switch games I’d love to see on better hardware, like Bayo 3 and Xenoblade 3.

This is exactly what I came to say. We need Muramasa on modern systems!
I am sure at some point we will get it, like other Vanillaware games. Hate to sound like a wet blanket here but I really don’t like the game, looks incredible but is just kind of boring. I hope everyone who wants to play it does at some point though.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Xenogearsaga remastered to current gen i guess, with lots of qol since i bet they would be rough (havent played but noticed how much qol have changed in the xenoblade series i bet its similarly big difference like those).

SHA

It's obvious , Bayonetta 3 , I don't dislike the switch but for one game especially most other games are already on wii u , I don't find it reasonable to buy the switch for this game only.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
People like myself who own all platforms are like "what?!"

I suppose I would like to see Nintendo man up and officially port titles to the PC, it would be nice to see things like Xenoblade at 60FPS.

Orta

Banned
Hahaha silly me.
Thats the whole premise of the thread.

Just odd of all the PS5 titles thats the one which you want most.

VR Astrobot is an all time favourite so I really want Playroom. But I'm not forking out on a PS5 to play it, particularly as the few first party titles on it will likely eventually make it to pc.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Dead space trilogy plus the on rails Wii game

TvC ,SFIV:AE, UMvC3

Batam Arkham games
Uncharted
The orange box
L4D 1 and 2

All on the switch

Top Bottom