• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If PSVR2 launched with HL: Alyx, RE8 and Astro Bot 2, would it be enough to convince you to get one on day 1?

Boss Mog

I bought PSVR but only in late 2018 because I got a great deal on a bundle with 5 games which included Astro Bot. Needless to say I really like it but In order for me to invest in PSVR2 day 1 it will take a strong launch lineup. The 3 games I listed in the title would obviously be a great launch lineup. If the launch lineup isn't strong I will probably wait a couple of years for a nicely priced bundle. What about you guys, What would it take to get you to buy one on day 1? Any other possible launch titles you would want?

vivftp

I'm already getting it day 1. That launch lineup would just make the decision all the sweeter.

EDIT.

As for additional content...

- Gran Turismo 7 fully playable in VR
- New Wipeout game, also playable in VR like the Omega Collection
- Horizon ZD/FW VR (we know a studio is working on a Horizon VR game)

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
That would be a killer lineup, plus full VR support for Gran Turismo 7 hopefully!

And the fact that we, PlayStation users, have also been getting a ton of PSVR1 games (Until Dawn, Farpoint, Rez Infinite, Thumper, Astro Bot, Paper Beast, Wipeout, Firewall, Resident Evil 7, etc) throughout the years via PS Plus/Play At Home has only made the idea of getting a PSVR2 at launch even more compelling.

Oh, yeah, and the Horizon VR game (which I had forgot about) on top of all that!

Last edited:

vivftp

lol i would be getting day 1 as long doesnt require alot of set up (never own PSVR 1)

It will require 1 USB cable to plug into the console. Probably some software setup too depending on its feature set to adjust it to your eyes.

Boss Mog

lol i would be getting day 1 as long doesnt require alot of set up (never own PSVR 1)
It'll be just one cable to the PS5 and no need for a camera; a lot better than PSVR1 which requires a camera and a small converter box.

That would be a killer lineup, plus full VR support for Gran Turismo 7 hopefully!

And the fact that we, PlayStation users, have also been getting a ton of PSVR1 games (Until Dawn, Farpoint, Rez Infinite, Thumper, Astro Bot, Paper Beast, Firewall, Resident Evil 7, etc) throughout the years via PS Plus/Play At Home has only made the idea of getting a PSVR2 at launch even more compelling.
Forgot about GT7 yeah, that would be nice.

cormack12

Gold Member
Nah, PSVR v1 just confirmed to me that aside from maybe 1-5 titles actually being worthy of the platform, you're resigned to playing demo slices or a tacked on mode while actual titles like gang beasts just don't appear.

vivftp

Oh, I'd also LOVE for the next major Spider-Man game to have an optional VR mode where you can move about the city and do VR focused activities. So you can walk around, run around, hop on vehicles for a ride or swing around the entire city in VR. It wouldn't be practical for the main game to be fully playable in VR but there's no reason they couldn't take what they've built with the city and toss in a buttload of VR challenges and activities.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I would consider it if a game like GT7 had full support for all types of races, not just for a very small part of the content.

reksveks

Got a oculus quest 1, sadly don't use it so just don't think I am a vr person at the moment. When we get proper wireless ones, maybe.

Fredrik

I love VR but they need to show that they’re serious. No more AA games or regular games with a VR mode, I want to see AAA games built from the ground up for VR from Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Insomniac or similar high quality 1st party developers. And it needs to be wireless and allow a PC connection.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Depends more on the hardware. But if the hardware was good enough, yes, Alyx and Astro would get me in.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'll buy it for a new Astrobot alone, hopefully some existing games will get PS5/PSVR 2 upgrades, but I imagine changing the controls would be quite a fundamental change, so not holding my breathe.

reksveks

I don't know about quest 1 but quest 2 is already proper wireless
When I mean wireless, meant running the games off the pc but wireless connected to the headset but yeah saw that they rolled out their new wireless feature recently. I think the next quest is something that I might get.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's kind of weird but just seeing one of the responses say no is just how shortsighted and tone def the subject is with some. Contacts would have been good in order to figure what would satisfy because either you're interested or not and honestly if it's just not for you then it probably wouldn't even merit a response because I would want to hear what could be done to convince people to buy into any form of VR.

I have a valve index, one of the best headsets you can buy, and if that was a launch lineup, the exclusives alone would push me to get that thing because I am already pretty excited just based on the controllers themselves.

For those that aren't aware even the first iteration of the PlayStation VR is pretty damn good despite the inadequacies of the headset which isn't a high-end $1,000 unit.

The key is really in the software and after getting into VR on PC I have to say that I'm really impressed with Sony's efforts and exclusives to justify and support it.

So assuming they make the proper jump, and it doesn't have to be the best headset but I'll certainly welcome that, I think I'm more excited for the follow-up now that I'm able to access a quality unit on PC.

nbkicker

Im day one no mater when and how much it releases for, loved the first and even swapped out for the minor revision and cant wait for the next, all sony need todo is improve the controller tracking for me as using the camera to track the ancient move controllers was rubbish

Shmunter

Im day one no mater when and how much it releases for, loved the first and even swapped out for the minor revision and cant wait for the next, all sony need todo is improve the controller tracking for me as using the camera to track the ancient move controllers was rubbish
Yeah, I did the v2 upgrade also. Big improvement with the thin cable and earbuds. And why not indulge in something you enjoy.

nush

Gold Member
Nope, I'd wait for the price drop, hardware/firmware revisions and a larger library. I like my OG PSVR so I can wait.

Nope. Until the day comes where every game has a VR mode as standard then I ain’t touching VR again.

the tech isn’t mature yet even on PC so no chance the PSVR will be any good. There is a severe lack of games for VR.

VR is just for people with too much money and little sense. I had my headset sold after a couple months. Big mistake buying it.

Boss Mog

Add No Man's Sky to the list. Amazing game in VR.
I do hope that once the PSVR2 launches, there will be a No Man's Sky update for the PS5 version because as it stands now if you want to play the VR version on PS5 you need to have the PS4 version installed which means potentially two versions of the same game installed if you have the regular non-VR PS5 version installed as well.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m honestly unlikely to ever buy PSVR 2 as it’s wired.

Why would I when I have a PC powerful enough, and a Quest 2 that I can play every PCVR game on wirelessly?

I guess if there was an exclusive I really had to play I might consider it, but other than that, I don’t see the point.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Blood and Truth was pretty good, especially with the move controllers. Just screams for games like Time Crisis and House of The dead. Wireless is probably key though, to any sustained success and growth.

Buying one regardless because I know Sonys first party VR exclusives will blow the competition out of the water

already have a gaming pc, Quest 2 and Half Life Alyx (and it looks like RE8 has already been modded for VR on PC) so those games wouldn't really factor in my choice

PSVR2 is necessary if you're into Virtual Reality at this point

Last edited:

nbkicker

For people saying it needs to be wireless i dont think it does at the min, youre adding extra weight and cost to the headset with batteries and the extra hardware stuff needed to make it work, plus most peoples area they would use vr in isnt massive open spaces which would be ideal for wireless connection, the first psvr i use to get tangled in the amount of cables to headset, but in the revision with a single cable it was miles better, id rather they had a single thin lead connected and concentrated on the optics, display and tracking

FunkMiller

Gold Member
For people saying it needs to be wireless i dont think it does at the min, youre adding extra weight and cost to the headset with batteries and the extra hardware stuff needed to make it work, plus most peoples area they would use vr in isnt massive open spaces which would be ideal for wireless connection, the first psvr i use to get tangled in the amount of cables to headset, but in the revision with a single cable it was miles better, id rather they had a single thin lead connected and concentrated on the optics, display and tracking

But why would anyone go backwards to a wired connection at all, when you can have wireless instead?

Shmunter

But why would anyone go backwards to a wired connection at all, when you can have wireless instead?
If the wire is a thin as on PSVR revision 2, essentially the thickness of a single rca cable, it was practically non intrusive for me. V1 headset with heavy set cable different story.

Can’t imagine psvr2 going thicker again.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If the wire is a thin as on PSVR revision 2, essentially the thickness of a single rca cable, it was practically non intrusive for me. V1 headset with heavy set cable different story.

Can’t imagine psvr2 going thicker again.

It still irritated me, I have to confess. In games where you end up sometimes turning full 360, any wire definitely gets in the way. On the Oculus, I can move around freely, never having to be concerned about how much wire length I have. I just don’t want to go back to being tethered again.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Quest 2 is lighter and smaller than the original PSVR and wireless.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I'm buying it regardless of launch tiles. The only thing that stopped me buying the first one was shit resolution. Also wired or wireless makes no difference to me.

Take My Money GIF by memecandy

Last edited:
Top Bottom