• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If PSVR2 launched with HL: Alyx, RE8 and Astro Bot 2, would it be enough to convince you to get one on day 1?

FunkMiller

Quest is weaker then a PS4, wile the PS5 has double the minimum requirements to play Alyx (and DF showed that a minimum requirement PC can play it very well). I want to play AAA VR games without paying a fortune for a PC.

Well, Playstation need to announce the thing properly and give us an idea of when it’s out, because a lot of people looking to get into VR now are choosing Quest - and PC if they can afford it.

PSVR was an unmitigated failure with not even 6 million sold in more than 6 years, mostly frontioaded, and it's still costly.

PSVR2 will be launching at double the current ones price or more without the appeal of the Computer VRs or Quest 2. It would be crazy if it sold over 3-4 million. Even with those games, 2 of which would be releasing late.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
That wouldn't be enough. Need more heavy FP supports from Sony probably 2-3 more original big IP titles, I believe they can make this happen this gen though.

MurfHey

With the new OLED samsung screens, Inside out tracking, one cable to connect and new controllers...Im already getting one day one. I am hoping for up-rez on OG PSVR games and less screen door effect.

PSVR has been great so far!

pr0cs

This assumes PSVR2 will actually be in stores, different than the console itself which still isn't readily available.

Astobot and other UNIQUE titles would be the only way to entice me since I already have PCVR (and I'd still wish for PC versions for the 'best' version)

Depends on software, if its just as bad as last time, it will die out quickly. Needs more AA and AAA games and less of the shitty indie games.

Boss Mog

PSVR was an unmitigated failure with not even 6 million sold in more than 6 years, mostly frontioaded, and it's still costly.

PSVR2 will be launching at double the current ones price or more without the appeal of the Computer VRs or Quest 2. It would be crazy if it sold over 3-4 million. Even with those games, 2 of which would be releasing late.
What a stupid take. If Sony in any way thought that PSVR was a failure, they would never have gone ahead with PSVR2. It's the best selling VR headset so far and it launched when VR was just getting started; VR has come a long way in the last 5 years. You could already hook the PSVR to a PC via third party software but this time with only one USB-C cable, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony makes the PSVR2 officially PC compatible. They could then release Astro Bot on steam if they wanted, it would be win/win.

Props to Sony for pushing this innovative and fantastic tech to gaming while MS and Nintendo are playing it safe.

jaysius

Banned
If they can make it $850 CD for the PS5 and the VR I’d be in. Anything more and might as well spring for the real deal on pc as psvr2 will still be gimped vs PC vr.

They need to take reality pills this time, not ship tech that is 6-7 years out dated for too high a price.

Top Bottom