• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Steam Deck sales will surpasse PS5's or be close to, do you think Jim Ryan et Hermen Hulst will be fired?

If Steam Deck sales will surpasse PS5's or be close to, do you think Jim Ryan et Hermen Hulst will b

• Yes, as they should be

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Nop, Jimbo and Hermen ain't leaving those CEA chairs

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSfox

So, as the title suggest, considering how Sony are porting everything to PC, i mean not everything for now, but they will reach that sooner or later, as Jimbo and Hermen already have opened the Pandora box, do you think if somehow Steamdeck sales will become too important and may even get closer to PS5 consoles sales or even surpasses tho, then finally Sony will start realizing that PC ports are a mistake and they will fire both Jimb and hermen?

ManaByte

Gold Member
A niche $400+ handheld outselling the PS5?

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Does not compute.

You seem to base your opinion on the idea that PC ports are a mistake, which Sony should realize. Considering that said idea is objectively wrong (Sony is selling every console they're manufacturing, and PC ports are an additional revenue stream), I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Last edited:

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
The people that will buy a PS5 for those ps5 exclusive already brough it years ago, if someone waited 4 years to buy a PC port at full price, the chance is they will never buy a ps5 to begin with.

Why the steam deck specifically? That thing is just a PC in a different form factor.

I'm not sure I want an all PC world. I like the quirks of the Xbox, PS4, and whatever Nintendo thinks up, and PC gaming is a pain in the ass for me as it exists currently. Ports are fine.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What? The steam deck will be lucky to do half of rhe ps5s lifetime sales.

It would be practically impossible for it to outsell the ps5. It would need to be available worldwide from multiple retailers.

GHound

Steam Deck outsell PS5? Restructuring of management at PlayStation as a direct result? Sounds like an absolutely batshit timeline and I wonder what other crazy stuff would be going on in it.

Imtjnotu

So, as the title suggest, considering how Sony are porting everything to PC, i mean not everything for now, but they will reach that sooner or later, as Jimbo and Hermen already have opened the Pandora box, do you think if somehow Steamdeck sales will become too important and may even get closer to PS5 consoles sales or even surpasses tho, then finally Sony will start realizing that PC ports are a mistake and they will fire both Jimb and hermen?
well-there-it-hclk5c.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
My God, what's wrong with you people?

One's success doesn't equate to another's demise.
But just imagine if all success was hoarded by SteamDeck. The global economy would collapse and Valve would rule the world unopposed since they're not listed on the stock market. It would basically be the end of democracy as we know it. And we know Valve uses a flat development structure where everyone moves their desks around. AKA: Global communism.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
But just imagine if all success was hoarded by SteamDeck. The global economy would collapse and Valve would rule the world unopposed since they're not listed on the stock market. It would basically be the end of democracy as we know it. And we know Valve uses a flat development structure where everyone moves their desks around. AKA: Global communism.
shaking gabe newell GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom