• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If there is a Mass Effect trilogy remaster + all DLC for PS4/X1, would you get it?

clem84

Gold Member
I was talking about this with a friend of mine and basically he brought up the point that anyone who could be interested in the first Mass Effect games has played them by now. There has been multiple releases for each game and they're also dirt cheap nowadays.

If there was such a thing for PS4 I would pick it up in a heart beat simply because of the small graphics upgrade, 1080p, the convenience of having them all in the same package, and all the DLC I never got to play. But because of the reason I mentioned, I think it's unlikely to happen.

Would you pick it up?

Depends on what they do with it. If it's just a resolution bump, that wouldn't do anything for me. If they address a lot if the series' problems, though, I'd be on board.

x-Lundz-x

Im currently replaying the trilogy on ps3 and this will be my third play through. I would be there day one for my 4th play through on ps4 in a heartbeat.

HardRojo

Totally, it's one of my favorite new IPs from last gen and I'd love to replay through the whole trilogy again with all the DLC.

DOWN

Banned
Yes, but I'm excited for a new team to take on the series with Frostbite, so the somewhat tarnished originals are not my priority.

androvsky

The console versions run poorly and the PC version hates controllers, so I'd think there would be a market for a solid console version.

Tohsaka

Maybe. I never got around to doing a FemShep playthrough, so if they did release it for PS4 with all the DLC I'd be tempted.

Jawmuncher

Yes.
But all the DLC will be the kicker. If it's not all there then I won't bother and just continue to wait on the ME PC DLC to go on sale somehow.

Meh. The first game was the best of the trilogy but ultimately flawed. The second was linear and fairly boring. Never played the third but obviously all your decisions up to that point ended up not mattering at all. Honestly not sure what's worse; dozens of planets that look randomly generated and have pretty much nothing on them, or fewer planets that are all essentially corridor-based third person shooter levels.

Yes, everyone hates the ME3 ending, but the series needs to be shat on more for other aspects. Way too many western AAA games got a free pass last gen when they lagged in certain elements.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
On console? No. PC? Depends entirely on what constitutes as a "remaster".

All three games bundled together with DLC and repackaged at console marketed "1080p 60fps!!!" is meaningless to me. I played all three just like that with SGSSAA and other graphical tweaks/enhancements. So if I wanted to experience the "definitive version" or "remaster" again I'd just play the copies I already have, with the DLC I already own.

That being said, if the trilogy were re-released some some obvious graphical or game system or content enhancements I'd certainly be interested in dipping again. I don't really see that happening though, and suspect the focus is on Mass Effect 4.

Yoday

I can't see a remaster being worthwhile graphically unless they have higher quality assets that they just didn't bother using in the PC versions of the games. The only real difference between the PC and console versions is the resolution, so it would take a whole lot of time and effort to actually make the games look better beyond a 1080p60 boost. On top of that everyone that wanted to play the games did so since they were all on both platforms. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybesew

Yeah. I would love to play the first two with upgraded graphics and playability. The first one because it could really use the upgrade and the second one just because it's awesome and would love a good reason to play it again.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yes. 1080p, 60fps, better loading times and I'm in. Never played any of the DLC so I really want to, heard ME3's is good.

Not playing on PC because I prefer controller.

Corpekata

Banned
Probably be cheaper than buying the damn DLC by themselves on the other platforms, so sure, but probably after a while and it's cheaper.

Amandeep

Played the first two on PC ages ago, and then replayed 2 on ps3 not too long ago but I haven't gotten around to playing 3, so it would be pretty tempting.

Heysoos

On console? No. PC? Depends entirely on what constitutes as a "remaster".

All three games bundled together with DLC and repackaged at console marketed "1080p 60fps!!!" is meaningless to me. I played all three just like that with SGSSAA and other graphical tweaks/enhancements. So if I wanted to experience the "definitive version" or "remaster" again I'd just play the copies I already have, with the DLC I already own.

That being said, if the trilogy were re-released some some obvious graphical or game system or content enhancements I'd certainly be interested in dipping again. I don't really see that happening though, and suspect the focus is on Mass Effect 4.

Yeah, pretty much this.

No. The PC version is already "remastered" and with texture mods it upgrades a lot of the assets too.

Wait 8-10 years and then do a remake of the trilogy on whatever new engine they're using then.

Mandius

The planet scanning shit in ME2 stops me from ever replaying that series on console.

That and the story post ME1.

DiresuDR

Hmm, maybe. Not sure how up for it I am in terms of replaying all 3 games again. I have already finished each game at least twice.

doofy102

I've never played any of of them, so yes. We don't need these right away though. Remasters should come in the second half of the gen-onwards IMO.

Cubed

Yes... Yes I would.

Unlike others, I welcome better/definitive versions of last gen games. I want my PS4 to basically be a "best of gaming" console. :)

I've already bought the remasters of TR and TLOU, and will be getting Metro, GTA V, and likely Sleeping Dogs.

Bring 'em on!

I would buy it regardless, but I hope they'd polish the first one up a little bit. The games all have their distinct flavors, but the first one needs to be dusted off a little.

Also higher res clothes for god sake

Top Bottom