• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If there is a Mass Effect trilogy remaster + all DLC for PS4/X1, would you get it?

Banned
The fan made texture pack for Mass Effect 2 is still one of the most professional, faithful texture packs I've ever seen. I'm pretty anal about fan work looking like the source material, and the dude who made these nailed it.

10hkor.jpg

41qpwc.jpg

157l9s.jpg
Yup. JeanLuc87 ftw.

DanielJr82

Love Mass Effect series, but I've played through those games half a dozen times. Totally not using hyperbole here. Beat ME1 six times, ME2 four times, and ME3 twice. I think I'm ready to give the series a rest... until ME4 that is!

No, I wouldn't buy it. Didn't enjoy the series that much. I still have to finish ME3 and I don't know if I want to do that. ME1 was quite boring, ME2 was decent, but just too slow-paced. This is why I don't like Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3 either, so goddamn slow games for my taste. And no, I don't like CoD/BF/Titanfall either.

I forgot to add that it's more funds to EA, no thanks!

If it was a remake with the combat system of number 3 and a resolution bump with better texture, hells yeah.

Easily my favourite AAA series of last gen. The wait for the next Mass Effect games are killing me.

I dunno I guess. I've been meaning to buy the PS3 trilogy for a while now, but keep putting it off. At some point I need to play ME1 and ME3, so it's on PS4, fine.

Zaku

To add to the echochamber in here, I'd pick it up for 1080p/60fps if they threw in some higher-res textures and, or course, all the DLC. Not some, not most. All. I've got pretty much all the DLC for my Xbox 360 anyway, but it'd be nice to have the trilogy on a machine without such an obvious shelf life.

watershed

Banned
It would depend on the price and on how much gets fixed. I have the Mass Effect trilogy on the PS3, and I'm not sure they fixed a single graphical glitch, bug, or ridiculous load time.

If they spruced up the graphics and fixed all the bugs and reduced the load times then I would probably get it. But the games as is need a lot of work, especially ME3.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'd buy it. Maybe not day 1 but I'd buy it. It's basicly 2 free platinums and some bronze before I get tired of the stupid that is ME3.

Griss

No.

Games where the story is the major appeal are almost always one playthrough gigs for me. Seeing how the little things might have changed had I made different decisions isn't enough of a draw. And in this case, increased resolution wouldn't be enough of a draw either. I don't care about framerate.

I ended up playing 1&2 54 times overall. 54 complete character playthroughs. The DVD drive went out of my last 360 before ME3 released. So to date I've never completely played the series. It'd be one of the first things I'd buy for my PS4. Still don't see why ME2 and 3 aren't for sale on GoD. Too many games already far exceed MS download limits. Why not two more? I'd buy both. Already rebought ME1 on GoD.

I have ME1 and ME2, and earlier this year copped the ME Trilogy. I'm probably less than 5% deep into ME3, probably around 50% in ME2 but i'm sure I've played ME1 enough times to 100% it and get everything.

The only reason I played ME2 was because of the huge betrayal-ton it was for it to not be exclusive to the Xbox.

A redone ME trilogy would probably get my coins, but I'd be upset that I'd already bought a trilogy for PS3 and never got my moneys worth

Pachinko

If it was indeed the complete trilogy I'd play through it again. When I say complete, I mean every bit of DLC. Also , go back and re-work the first game to play more like 2/3 do. It has aged very poorly in some ways.

While I still feel the first game has the best central storyline , everything else is weaker. Re-work the whole thing for a consistent leveling experience too, so maybe the first game is defaulted on normal or something and you can still go to level 30. Then, the second game let's you continue to level 60 but the difficulty is bumped up to hard. Finally the third game would go to very hard and let you level up to 90. Obviously the skill tree would need a bit of work to make this all happen.

Failing that you could just simply slap all 3 games and the dozen or so pieces of DLC across the board onto one bluray disc but it runs at 1080p 60 fps. It could be kind of cool to have a system like master chief collection has too- where every significant choice within each game is now playable after you've finished the game once. You can basically see where these decisions lead in the larger universe has it spiders across. In this way a fan could experience every single choice and outcome with less effort than playing through each game 3 or 4 times a piece.

Basically, I'd be down for it I think.

Sanctuary

No. The ending killed the series for me and retroactively soured me on going back to the first two. I'm not going to relive that pain again.

Why hasn't this rebuttal died yet? It was, and still is one of the most inane complaints. Yes, the ending did truly suck, but that's not actually what made ME3 (single player) so bad. Even if it was, this complaint is like saying that none of your enjoyment of the series up until the ending of ME3 counted for anything. Did you play the entire series all the way through, soley for the grand finale, last six minutes of the last game in the trilogy?

This is about as ridiculous as the "George Lucas raped my childhood" comments in regards to the prequels. Him making three shitty movies doesn't somehow erase the cultural phenomenon he had created decades prior or the memories of those who grew up on it.

Love Mass Effect series, but I've played through those games half a dozen times. Totally not using hyperbole here. Beat ME1 six times, ME2 four times, and ME3 twice. I think I'm ready to give the series a rest... until ME4 that is!

Me: ME1 five, ME2 nine ME3 one and a half.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
No. Even though I've missed some of the more essential dlc (Shadow Broker, Citadel), I'm not that inclined to play through the trilogy again. For me ME as a trilogy is done, don't feel a need to revisit it.

Nodnol

Instantly.

I would hope the remastered treatment it receives is adequate, but playing them all again alongside current gen games would be just lovely.

I would be interested in a ME1 remaster, but it would need so much work in assets, animations, combat mechanics etc. that they may as well make a new game, which I'd rather they did.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
If the remaster is quality, absolutely. I've already spent 700 hours playing the series, what's one more run-through?

Grey Matter

Neo Member
While I loved 95% of the trilogy with a deep passion and am interested about seeing what the Renegade experience is like, I don't think I'd be able to enjoy them as much knowing that ending lay in wait at the end of it.

I know it's a long time ago and I shouldn't still be bitter, but I am...

chaosaeon

You can get the entire trilogy for around 20 bucks. Or 2 DLCs .... what a deal .... The DLC for 1 games costs more than all 3 full games combined.
Yes they need to get PS4/Xbone versions with everything going.

I'd like to get them with all of the dlc, but I expect the trilogy to be remastered and certain pieces of the dlc to be sold separately like the trilogy that has already came out.

Definitely.

If such a compilation is assembled and released, my biggest hope would be that BioWare remaster the second game to include the Collector enemy types as they appear in the Mass Effect 3 multi-player DLC.

Yes, as a matter of fact, they should hurry with that trilogy remaster, I want to marathon the series in 1 go and neither option today is viable. (ps360: me1 aged badly, pc: no controller support).

hiex_

Banned
I probably would. The PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 had so many sound issues during the cutscenes, I really couldn't get into it. If they fixed all that up I'd be pretty cool with jumping back in.

Vhagar

Neo Member
I'd like to get them with all of the dlc, but I expect the trilogy to be remastered and certain pieces of the dlc to be sold separately like the trilogy that has already came out.

I don't think even EA are stupid enough to try and sell a last gen game's dlc separately. After all, they did put all the DLC except Arrival on the PS3 version of ME2.

As for the original question, hell yeah I'd buy it.

Top Bottom