• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If there is a Mass Effect trilogy remaster + all DLC for PS4/X1, would you get it?

Nerokis

From one angle, the ME series begs for a definitive edition along those lines, and that would be the DLC situation. What other series has such substantial DLC spread across 2 games, and collectively still pretty expensive all this time after the last entry? And when I say "substantial," I mean DLC that really should be played by anyone who cares about the story, universe, and characters. For a lot of people, a package of the games where all the story focused DLC is baseline would be more "definitive" than the typical PS3/360 > PS4/X1 remaster. And of course, since ME is a console series for many, the improved loading times, resolution, etc. would also be nice, I'm sure.

I would certainly get it, be nice to have all three games and their respective dlc in one place. Would mostly likely be 1080/60 on PS4 too.

I'm actually quite surprised that EA haven't done this to be honest.

quetz67

Banned
I've never played any of of them, so yes. We don't need these right away though. Remasters should come in the second half of the gen-onwards IMO.

Exactly the opposite. Now they would still look decent and in the second half there will me many more original new games.

Three games, all DLC, on the same disc for $50 to $60 and I'd probably bite. At $50 it'd be the same price as all the DLC I have yet to buy for ME3.

Noob Fu

Hopefully they update Mass Effect 1 to use 2 or 3's engine. Playing 1 again will be tedius. Such a outdated engine now.

Rosur

Still need to get round to playing 3 so yea would buy a remaster especially if they upgrade MS1 to be more like 2/3 game-play (similar to how Metro 2033 Redux uses Last lights.

DOWN

Banned
Nope. Please put all your efforts on Mass Effect 4, that I'll get.
It has nothing to do with 4. Not only is a different set of people making 4 than the previous Mass Effect teams, but also a remaster would be yet another entirely different set of people specialized in remasters.

NickFire

No but that trilogy remains near the very top of my gaming experiences to date. I just don't have the time to replay it from beginning to end again with all the new experiences out there. But I will be on part 4 day one most likely.

Goteki_45

Don't think EA would be bothered putting an effort into a mass effect trilogy remastered.

Though if it did happen, 1080p/60fps all dlc...I would get it for sure

Asbear

Banned
First of all, these and wouldn't be a "remaster" and secondly, I already own this game on my of. 1080p@60fps and honestly it's just the same game as the one on consoles. ME1 really improves from the better framerate and ME2 is more enjoyable since some stutter on the ps3 version caused glitches, but aside from how it feels, ME3 is the same game and overallythey're all the same.

No, I thought the third one was so bad it turned me off the whole series.

I'm pretty much done with Bioware. Dragon Age 2 and ME3 were a one-two punch of awful.

The only way i would get this, is if it is ONE SINGLE game all the way through. ME 1-3 from start to finish, as one game. With a little but of rejiggering, they could pull it off.

RetroStu

Banned
If they were 1080p/60fps and came with all the DLC then damn yes!.
3 of my favorite games from last gen all in one package, it would sell very well i bet.

RetroStu

Banned
The only way i would get this, is if it is ONE SINGLE game all the way through. ME 1-3 from start to finish, as one game. With a little but of rejiggering, they could pull it off.

I actually mentioned this a while ago. Add the games together so they are one big game while also adding the DLC into the full game at the right parts so everything flows together as just one big 100+ hour game.

RetroStu

Banned
If they removed or greatly strealimed mining from Mass Effect 2? Maybe.

I actually quite liked the planet mining, i found it quite calming.
Plus all i did was spend about 1 hour mining early on in the game then spent another hour mining when you buy those new star charts later on in the game and that was enough mining to get me through the whole game.

bede-x

Absolutely, as long as they run 60fps. Normally, I'd just get the PC version, but no controller support is a huge drawback in my book and the reason I haven't bought them there yet, so I'd love to see a remastering.

drew713

I would buy it. I missed the chance to play these games last gen. Have always wanted to play them but for one reason or another never got around to buying and playing them.

MC Safety

I actually quite liked the planet mining, i found it quite calming.
Plus all i did was spend about 1 hour mining early on in the game then spent another hour mining when you buy those new star charts later on in the game and that was enough mining to get me through the whole game.

Great. But the idea is that you're playing Captain Shepherd and you're doing these menial tasks.

Nothing made me feel less like the captain of a powerful starship than playing that terrible minigame.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No. I loved them but have too little gaming time to replay a long trilogy. I only get to a fraction of new games that interest me as is.

Top Bottom