• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If there is a Mass Effect trilogy remaster + all DLC for PS4/X1, would you get it?

Astery

no. Only when real effort is put in to actually remaster, or remake most if not all the assets to standards of the time may be.

Something like Resident Evil (1996) (PS1) -> Resident Evil (2002) (GC)? would likely
Something like Resident Evil (2002) (GC) -> Resident Evil (2015) (MUL)? Get out of my face.

I dunno, running Mass Effect in 60FPS and 6K with GeDoSaTo has been plenty HD for me.
ibtjUDwfSSlCXL.png

longdi

Banned
nope, ME triology is boring and confused. do i want to be a space opera? a corridor rpg? or a shooter?

ME is one of bioware worst output imo. it is their FF13 imo. Corridor after corridor!

BWJinxing

No.

I liked mass effect, but I would not double dip for a trilogy after the ending, especially after two being so on rails with weapon customization.

Shepherd's trilogy ran its course with me.

I don't know. It depends I guess. I don't have the PC versions (because I don't want to buy all the DLC over again and no controller support), so "1080p/60 FPS" and all DLC on PS4 does sound pretty appealing coming from the 360 version, where the framerates of the 3 games are pretty inconsistent.

I dunno, running Mass Effect in 60FPS and 6K with GeDoSaTo has been plenty HD for me.

Wow, I don't remember the textures being that bad in ME1.

I don't think even EA are stupid enough to try and sell a last gen game's dlc separately. After all, they did put all the DLC except Arrival on the PS3 version of ME2.

As for the original question, hell yeah I'd buy it.
Guess I'll throw a joke in there, u get the dlc if u have an EA access subscription as part of the EA Vault.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I would buy it again just to be able to replay it when I want to. It's probably my favorite IP to come out of last generation.

If they revamped ME1 and ME2's combat to be on a par with ME3, that would be a huge selling point right there. Along with removing some of the other crap, adding weapon mods to ME2, revamping the graphics and so on. Would be nice to see some more content added as well.

If it were done properly, I'd definitely go for it.

Couleurs

I probably would. I beat ME1 but only played a few hours into ME2 before I stopped playing due to whatever other games I was interested in at the time. Haven't touched ME3. I thought about picking them back up, but I have a hard time playing 360/PS3 games now that the new systems are out.

JackelZXA

Some tweaks would be nice.

having access to the asari style armor for liara in ME1 (the one that she wears in the me2 intro. it has the big soulderpad and has really good stats. a potentially good gimmick for her since she's got the weakest defense options) These armors are in ME1, but don't get used anywhere (theres 8 of them) Rank X of the base, iconic equipment armor for each squadmade would be nice too (Since they die immediately for the first half of the game, and limiting it to the iconic starter armor would still leave room for getting better armor later, since the starter armor doesnt scale that much)

ME1 works better if you start out with slightly better weapons. I like to give myself rank 7 of the starting guns and armor (N7 durp) The starting line doesnt get too powerful damagewise, but it pushes accuracy enough that you can point and shoot like in the other games.

Mako tweaks and galaxy map quest tracking for me1 would be nice too. the mako needs to be heavier (with slightly better jet boosters) and the game is so frustrating with how it handles side quests on the galaxy map (not at all) Upping the attack power of the mako so fights with larger geth enemies aren't a horrible chore would be nice.

Personally I'd like it if some of the me2 guys could use versions of the heavy weapons, to diversify the cast more. (In my pc mod i gave jacob the missile launcher, jack the grenade launcher, and zaeed the flamethrower. it works pretty well) re-approaching some of the weapon loadouts in general wouldn't be terrible. some characters are more effective with 1 weapon than with 2 (grunt only needs his class shotgun. switching to assault rifle is a liability for him. Giving so many characters pistol + smg felt weak, and thane just feels like his weapon set was thrown at him randomly)

having all the dlc would be super useful though. Giving shepard some more combat options so they can use some of the skills from multiplayer would be nice (maybe as an ascended class option when you hit a certain level?) Having the massive load of DLC weapons and Armors from ME2 and ME3 available from shops, instead of dumped on you at the start as a DLC PERK!!! would be more balanced. (and give you more things to spend your money on)

Having all the weapon dlc in me3 is ridiculous. you just start the game with 17 super powerful guns. it feels really unbalanced and broken.

tweaking the...war asset values so that they feel like a game designer looked at them at all (seriously, you can get more war assets from planet scanning than from gaining the krogans as allies. it makes the whole thing seem pointless when a book is worth 40 and an army is worth 70) It also means it'd open up the possibility of a save with wrex dead or mordin dead or legion not recruited would result in losing huge chunks of potential war assets and getting a worse ending (our choices don't matter, but that'd be a start)

One-Shot

Banned
Absolutely.

Don't think there has been a solid version of ME1 on consoles so would want that especially. I have the trilogy on 360 and PC, but I really don't want to buy the DLC again on PC when I bought it all on 360 so that experience is gimped. I found for ME I prefer to play with a controller also, and despite some mods, controllers don't work well on the PC version.

They'd have to have zero load times as well as be at 60 fps and have all of the DLC and be priced at 50 or lower for me to even consider it

Ghazi

I'm sure it's been said, but what if they standardize combat and mechanics across all three games, add content that bridges them, and combine them into one really long game?

I'm not for this, but it's still a possibility to consider.

No. The PC version is already "remastered" and with texture mods it upgrades a lot of the assets too.

Wait 8-10 years and then do a remake of the trilogy on whatever new engine they're using then.

OK, come on. Some of the responses in here are just silly. "I won't support a remastered edition because I already bought all the DLC and can mod it." Seriously?

Let's be honest here. Joe Schmo isn't going to go rooting around and spend time looking for mods to improve their experience. Any rerelease that upgrades the graphics is going to be the preferred release for a lot of people coming in, regardless of whether they're new or seasoned. As long as they don't make it a Baldur's Gate EE type deal (where the additional content is next-to-nil), I don't have a problem with it.

That said, I don't know how they'll be able to put all the DLC in. The story DLC's can all be dropped in without a problem, but I don't know how they'll integrate the armor/weapon packs. In 3 especially, the DLC weapons are so overpowered that they basically break the game.

Having the massive load of DLC weapons and Armors from ME2 and ME3 available from shops, instead of dumped on you at the start as a DLC PERK!!! would be more balanced. (and give you more things to spend your money on)

Having all the weapon dlc in me3 is ridiculous. you just start the game with 17 super powerful guns. it feels really unbalanced and broken.

tweaking the...war asset values so that they feel like a game designer looked at them at all (seriously, you can get more war assets from planet scanning than from gaining the krogans as allies. it makes the whole thing seem pointless when a book is worth 40 and an army is worth 70) It also means it'd open up the possibility of a save with wrex dead or mordin dead or legion not recruited would result in losing huge chunks of potential war assets and getting a worse ending (our choices don't matter, but that'd be a start)

I don't see them going out of their way to rework stores to include the DLC weapons. The most we can hope for is a graphical spitshine and including everything and the kitchen sink.

OK, come on. Some of the responses in here are just silly. "I won't support a remastered edition because I already bought all the DLC and can mod it." Seriously?

Let's be honest here. Joe Schmo isn't going to go rooting around and spend time looking for mods to improve their experience. Any rerelease that upgrades the graphics is going to be the preferred release for a lot of people coming in, regardless of whether they're new or seasoned. As long as they don't make it a Baldur's Gate EE type deal (where the additional content is next-to-nil), I don't have a problem with it.

That said, I don't know how they'll be able to put all the DLC in. The story DLC's can all be dropped in without a problem, but I don't know how they'll integrate the armor/weapon packs. In 3 especially, the DLC weapons are so overpowered that they basically break the game.

I don't see them going out of their way to rework stores to include the DLC weapons. The most we can hope for is a graphical spitshine and including everything and the kitchen sink.
Then just add like a "Cheats" menu like many other games and stuff the DLC weapons in there with an option to toggle on and off. Disable difficulty completion trophies/achievements when they're in use. If people want their game be EZ mode then let them.

Then just add like a "Cheats" menu like many other games and stuff the DLC weapons in there with an option to toggle on and off. Disable difficulty completion trophies/achievements when they're in use. If people want their game be EZ mode then let them.

The weapons really aren't better than the stuff you can get conventionally; it's giving people end-game gear at the start of the game that's an issue.

The weapons really aren't better than the stuff you can get conventionally; it's giving people end-game gear at the start of the game that's an issue.
The N7 Valiant is arguably the best sniper rifle in the game and it's available from the get go if you have the collectors edition.

Either way, I don't think it's a big deal, something that could be easily worked around.

Nah, I am done with that trilogy now and moved on from it and havent been interested in what they have been revealing about the new one. Other games peak my interest now.

Varjis

I keep seeing this topic all over, makes me wonder if EA is doing market research..

..anywho, sure I'd buy a remastered ME Trilogy if all the DLC was included.

depends

i own the trilogy on ps3 and technically, its a mess... but i got it for cheap. if there was some sort of trade program id upgrade to the ps4 version

FiveEyes

Banned
No, I don't see what you could possibly remaster, the games look and play very modern already.

And I've already played the trilogy, and no way am I sitting through 80+ hours just to get that ending again.

florin3k3

I would love a remaster of ME1.
ME2 was ok but it lost most of the things I liked in the first one. Only played the demo of ME3

No i've already experienced the journey anbd i don't like how it ends nor howx my choice did nothing.

I liked playing the games but now i don't think i can play it again.

Mr.Fox

If it was just a port like all those others "remasters" are (same assets), then probably not. I already have it running as good as it can be, on PC.

But if they actually remade the games though, I would absolutely get it. Mass Effect was a beautiful game, but it aged a bit roughly, the art direction itself is still great, but there are a couple of things that look very weird nowadays and hinder the enjoyment of the game (for me), the biggest offender is the direction of the cutscenes, most of the animations were good enough 7 years ago, but today... a lot of them absolutely could use some rework.

They would have to add new content and change some things around I think. Like the tediousness of exploring in the first game, the massive amount of weapons that were effectively the same in the first, the planet scanning in the second, and so on.

New content wise, a few missions here and there. Expanded quests. Some new areas to explore in the Citadel and other places.

Nothing too crazy but they would need to actually bring something substantial to the table for me to get it again.

RedSwirl

BioWare and EA would have to put a lot of extra work into ME remasters in order for them to actually matter.

What helps a lot of the existing console remasters is that they already have PC versions with higher quality assets and graphics settings to pull from. The PC versions of the Mass Effect games are literally identical to the console versions except they allow anti-aliasing (I think, I'm not sure all of them do). They would have to come up with better assets and rendering features specifically for this remaster. I imagine the most EA would actually do is have all three games feature Mass Effect 3's rendering effects. They MIGHT freshen-up the textures and probably throw in some actual AA.

What's messed up is that the best thing about such remasters is that they'd probably include all the DLC. What's bullshit about Mass Effect is that EA never released any gold editions of any of the games. Even the trilogy pack doesn't include any of the DLC, and none of the DLC has ever been on sale on PC. I don't even think it's been price-dropped on PC. Getting all the Mass Effect 2 DLC on PC I'm pretty sure costs more than the base game.

Top Bottom