If Trump didn't win the nomination, Which GOP candidate would you choose in his place as president?

Who would you replace Trump with if he didn't get nominated?

• Total voters

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
So let's say that Trump didn't win the nomination or something happened after he won the NOV election and for some reason his replacement had to be one of the GOP candidates that ran, who would be your second choice(or original first choice)? Who would be the person you'd pick to be President if Trump were replaced?

You have to pick from one of the 17 GOP members that ran from top guys like Carson, Rubio, Cruz, etc. or some person from the kids table like Jindal, Perry, etc.

Explain your choice in a post below! What are the pros/Cons of your candidate? (democrats can also vote, whichever GOP candidate they would replace with.)

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
A President Carson would have SJWs reeeing even harder. :D

On a more serious answer: either Rand Paul or John Kasich.

But looking back, they were all terrible choices. Only Trump had a serious plan to do something about immigration, and even now, he's still not doing enough.

Wall should have been built by now, all illegals deported, and immigration to the U.S drastically reduced.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
I know I was thinking the same thing when I was writing that. But then part of me was like "hang on, maybe he wouldn't be as bad, plus after everything his brother did I'm sure he'd be more wary of crossing that line".
He isn't as bad (I'm Floridian, we had him as governor for a while), but then I don't think George W. was that bad either... as an individual. I think the bad people were the people surrounding the president, advising him on policy, and I believe outright controlling the nation in secret. And JEB would largely have exactly the same people and influences surrounding him as president, making him exactly as bad (or at least ineffectual) as a president.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
He isn't as bad (I'm Floridian, we had him as governor for a while), but then I don't think George W. was that bad either... as an individual. I think the bad people were the people surrounding the president, advising him on policy, and I believe outright controlling the nation in secret. And JEB would largely have exactly the same people and influences surrounding him as president, making him exactly as bad (or at least ineffectual) as a president.
No Bush Jr isn't inherently a bad person, but he made awful decisions that cost many people their lives and so on, if I had to pick one person out of the administration to answer for everything wrong they did though it would have to be Cheney. Bush should've never have been president, but I don't feel Jeb would make the same mistakes as Bush. But I'm being hypothetically optimistic on that claim.

Mar 30, 2011
Southern California
I initially supported Rand Paul and even gave money to his campaign. Trump knew he had to go the populist route if he wanted a chance at the nomination. I think that is why he attacked Paul right away in the first debate. Once Paul got out of the race, I supported Trump.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
I initially supported Rand Paul and even gave money to his campaign. Trump knew he had to go the populist route if he wanted a chance at the nomination. I think that is why he attacked Paul right away in the first debate. Once Paul got out of the race, I supported Trump.
He attacked like 3 guys immediately in the first debate, and that's because all 3 were talking trash about him before the debate.

Rand Paul eventually warmed up to him by the time of the election though, and now he's standing behind him all the way. So things change.

arson was the only guy Trump actually treated more friendly from the start.

Nov 12, 2016
That's a tough one. I hated Romney. Hated W Bush. I think Rand Paul talks a good game, but I don't see him getting as much done for some reason. Trump won because we wanted a Trump. Cruz would have been the next best Trump.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
Rand because I am a Kentuckian and at least he would have had a sane foreign policy.

Seems like a genuinely good person, and principled. A bit of a nebbish, came off as a professor trying to correct everybody in the debates and it went badly. I think he could genuinely work with the other side on some things.

I have seen it floated that he replace Pence on the 2020 ticket.

May 1, 2012
Nobody, Trump is not a Republican. He's the left-wing liberal NYC elite type. Now-days DNC is so left-radical that it looks like Trump is "right-wing". And they want him to be seen as such.
But in reality Trump is an independent running as GOP just because he cannot work with Politburo.
Trump is a response to The Party finally crossing the line and trying to usurp all power in US. Both GOP and DNC are in Politburo now, the only difference is which cop they play: Bad one or a Good one.
So this question is a nonsense, really.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Nobody, Trump is not a Republican. He's the left-wing liberal NYC elite type. Now-days DNC is so left-radical that it looks like Trump is "right-wing". And they want him to be seen as such.
But in reality Trump is an independent running as GOP just because he cannot work with Politburo.
Trump is a response to The Party finally crossing the line and trying to usurp all power in US. Both GOP and DNC are in Politburo now, the only difference is which cop they play: Bad one or a Good one.
So this question is a nonsense, really.
This post basically has nothing to do with the thread, heck i'd assume your participation since in this scenario you would get to replace trump with an actual republican since you say he's "fake" so uh...

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Someone who would fight as hard as Trump against illegal immigration....so none of the above.
Carson actually beat trump to the muslim refugee ban and said that those running across after a warning should be shot.

I mean, I think he had a decent stance on Immigration along With Trump.

However I agree all the other ones didn't really address it for optics.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/tucker-carlson-for-president/

A man or woman who can talk like that with conviction could become president. Voting for a conservative candidate like that would be the first affirmative vote I’ve ever cast for president (as opposed to voting for the lesser of two evils). Donald Trump sensed in his gut that the time is ripe for a politician like this, but he’s too compromised by his own massive faults to articulate a vision and execute it.

In fact, I don’t see anybody on the GOP side who can. Yet, anyway — unless Tucker Carlson is ready and willing to run.

A more likely option: J.D. Vance is only 34 years old. Watch him.
Not that I think that is necessarily a realistic option, but I like the general direction. We don't need an attempted reversal of populism by a standard neo-con-ish candidate like most of the GOP field. We need a candidate who represents a better articulation of populism, doubling down on its support for the common person and bringing more authenticity than Trump can offer in the area of supporting common morals.

Arkage

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2012
I would've voted for Kasich over Hillary had he won the nomination. Rand Paul is too knee-jerk libertarian.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
Those people comprise 0.000000001% of the global population. Besides, Trump has created 10x more jobs than that. Who cares. I maintain that Trump keeps me entertained. Day and Night.

Last edited: