• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could add Dinosaurs to any existing video game franchise, what would it be?

Cracklox

Most games, but mostly David Cage stuff.

I wanna 'x' to velociraptor

My dream already came true.

DRAGON_SLAM.jpg

I have to ask. What is this thing of awesomeness?

Raitaro

Not to Mario Odyssey actually, at least not in a realistic manner as seen here. And I say that as a big proponent of putting dino's in things.

In fact, I kind of hate seeing that realistic T-Rex inhabiting a world that also has cartoonish looking plumbers and Goomba's and such, or, when looking back at the larger Mario universe, where have also been fictionalized dinosaurs like Yoshi and the enemies in SMW. I might be one of the few left on Gaf still turned somewhat off of Odyssey because of all those realistic looking things in the game like the cars, humans and now dino's...I guess I like my Mario games to have a consistent cartoony art style where Mario looks like he fits with the rest of the game world.

That said, I'm all for having more dinosaurs in games in general and am still waiting for a new Dino Crisis or Turok.

This would be the only way you'd get me to play a Cabela's Big Game Hunter game. Trying to track and shoot some deer and turkeys, only to realise you aren't the only hunter around.

Raitaro

I can see an Eventide island situation in BOTW with dinosaurs that woudl be awesome.

I was actually just thinking about dino's in BOTW and I agree that this might be cool indeed. That said, for me it would only work when they make those dino's look like they fit with the rest of the fauna artistically (as per my mini rant on Odyssey's overly realistic looking T-Rex in previous post).

We've had dinosaurs before in Tomb Raider and I think they'd be a great thing to have back. One of my most favourite moments in gaming is that point where the T-rex appears out of the darkness in TR1.

How about an Assassin's Creed game where lots of timelines have become messed up, so we get pyramids, steam trains, gladiators and dinosaurs all thrown into the mix of a world that's gone mad.

We've had dinosaurs before in Tomb Raider and I think they'd be a great thing to have back. One of my most favourite moments in gaming is that point where the T-rex appears out of the darkness in TR1.

How about an Assassin's Creed game where lots of timelines have become messed up, so we get pyramids, steam trains, gladiators and dinosaurs all thrown into the mix of a world that's gone mad.
Strap that eagle in the animus and bingo! Dino DNA!

Top Bottom