• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could experience one same for the first time again, which would you choose?

Amory

TES: Oblivion

That game, man. I bought it completely blind at gamestop when I went to pick up my copy of Halo 3 on launch day. I had no idea what it was.

I played halo for a couple hours when I got home from the store, then decided to try out Oblivion. I think the next time the Oblivion disc left my Xbox was to start Fallout 3 a year later. I never went back to Halo.

Pantz

Gold Member
EverQuest

It would require everyone else along with me to be experiencing it for the first time and being as hyped as it was back then.

There are games I'd enjoy from a fresh start for sure, but first one that came to my mind is MGSV
Aside from the plot, one of the biggest disappointings in my gamer life, that gameplay...Jesus

A dual shock orgasm

Old Retro

As mentioned before, Mario 64. Picked it up with the day 1 launch N64 console. Truely a quantum leap between any previous generations.

A recent game would be Nier Automata. A groundbreaking masterpiece!

Ironbunny

Tie Fighter :

pWkClxH.jpg

And close second Freespace

Last edited:

ShinNL

There are multiple, but to list something original:

Ori and the Blind Forest. I repurchased the game for the Switch, but it didn't have the same magic as the first time I played it on PC (where it was my GOTY). It definitely has a much stronger impact on first play through (even though I didn't got that far on PC, that's why I bought it on Switch so I would finish it).

Interestingly, I realized most of the games I play gets better with time, so most of them I actually do not want to re-experience from the beginning, like Monster Hunter, Skyrim, Diablo, Warframe, League of Legends, Street Fighter, heck, even Animal Crossing. I should call them fine-wine games from now on.

Last edited:

op22

X-men Children of the Atom. I felt so powerful playing as Wolverine, Cyclops and Iceman. Now everything seems to take a lot of time, effort and money before reaching a state of near invincibility.

Officially Elden Ring the thread. playing day one an just having to explore...last time I had that feeling was playing Fallout 3 for the first time.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Undertale. Although if we went by that metric, i'd have to scrub deltarune from my memory as well (which i don't mind personally)
if there was ever one game that showed me how endearing, clever and creative indie games can be... it was that game. if it werent for undertale i'd probably simp for the same shallow AAA shit like a lot of people on GAF do

Last edited:

toidy

Neo Member
God of war 4. Only game that made my cry at the end. then i rewatched on youtube n cried even more

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Many... Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 1/2/3, Half Life, Hollow knight...

But if I have to choose one : Dark Souls without hesitation. This game changed everything in my gaming life. The discovery of its world, characters, lore, gameplay is unmatched to this date for me.

Andrenicks

Neo Member
I would have a pick a few.

Mario 64
Demon Souls
Bioshock
Dark Age of Camelot
Portal
Daoc was the best experience i've ever had in my Life of gaming. That game Blow me away the First Time i click on "Play now".

Ti stay on topic

The first Kingdom Hearts was Amazing for me

Tams

Gold Member
I assume you mean going back to the age we were at that time (or at least that mindset).

If so, then Pokémon Yellow, followed closely by Pokémon Gold.

MacReady13

There are a few-

Mario 64
Goldeneye
Super Mario World
Resident Evil 4
Project Gotham Racing 4
Formula 1 (original version on PS1)
Gran Turismo
Silent Hill
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Resident Evil (on PS1)
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
Super Metroid
Silent Hill 2
Uncharted
Guitar Hero
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

Sorry, a bit all over the place here but just typing down what popped into my head.

Rippa

Bloodborne.

I say this because it’s what popped my souls-game cherry. I wish I can go back to that first time again. I went on to get platinum after a few play throughs. It’s what got me to buy Demon’s Souls on PS3, Dark Souls 1-3, Elden Ring, Sekiro and Demon’s Souls again on PS5.

Never change FROM!
(Actually, ditch the open world and go back to interconnected linear worlds. You’re the best at that.)

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Persona 5 was the first that came to my mind but wouldn't mind Bloodborne or The Witcher 3.

Maybe Final Fantasy VII. It was awesome.
Edit: and Bloodborne too!!
i'm playing final fantasy vii for the first time :messenger_smiling: playing the remake and the original (modded) on PC. in the remake, after ~8 hours, i've just met Aerith in the church. In the original after ~1hr 40 mins i've gone to Aerith's home.

i am considering buying the original PS1 version to play on my PS2. i wish i had an old CRT to play the game on. I don't think it'd be right to play on a 55" 4K OLED tv lol.

Last edited:

Zuzu

Final Fantasy 9 but I would want to play it at the same age that I originally played it (probably 13 or 14 years old)

samoilaaa

i cant give only one answer sorry
The witcher 3
Divinity original sin 2
Fable
Elder scrolls oblivion
Bioshock infinite
deus ex human revoluition and the original

Top Bottom