• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Could Only Play 1 Franchise…

AndrewRyan

Starcraft: Can play your entire life and never master it completely. Three races to learn and a game creation mode with multiplayer and co-op.

cireza

Banned
I would pick Phantasy Star.

The four original games and all the online games (I would play offline versions).

Having access to an active online version of PSU AoI on 360 would be a huge plus.

emivita

If I dig in my 25+ years worth of gaming memories, the really best ones are Final Fantasy related. So yeah, I choose Final Fantasy.

And fucking FFXVI and FF7 Rebirth are coming out soon, so double yeah.

1. Souls
2. Monster Hunter
3. Final Fantasy
4. Dragon Quest
5. Gears of War but just give me a remastered collection of the first three. By remastered I mean just the graphics. Don’t fuck with the animations, the host advantage of 1, the bridging host of 2, etc etc. just give me a coat of fresh paint. There was a lot of charm in the first two games being train wrecks and it was the only multiplayer game I excelled at a high level at.

xiskza

Jet Moto

1Kkg10r.jpg

Last edited:
I'm tempted to say Elder scrolls. Based on how much fun elder scrolls online has been for me lately. I feel like there is always something to do and I won't get bored easily.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1-2-3, BloodBorne, Elden Ring.
I like to bring a little pain and suffering into my life sometimes. Each of these games has already been more than 5 times, I go through Bloodborne every year on my birthday, changing character builds.
That's 4 different franchises.

I'd probably stop playing video games if I could only play 1 franchise. No singular franchise or genre would be worth only playing, and my favorite franchise (Elder Scrolls) comes out so infrequently I'd get bored of even something like Oblivion or Skyrim after the 1000th playthrough

BlackTron

Starcraft: Can play your entire life and never master it completely. Three races to learn and a game creation mode with multiplayer and co-op.

Sometimes I refer to my gaming dark ages where I was really disillusioned with games, disappointed with all my fav IP and stopped spending money on gaming completely for years.

What I was actually doing that whole time was playing Starcraft.

I agree that it's timeless, but I don't think I'd pick a game/series that only works as a zillion APM m/kb game to be the ONLY one. I think taking all things into consideration, #1 as a series is still Super Mario.

If you take Mario games, you leave only a few blind spots that need to be filled in elsewhere, but they're some massively huge blind spots. Starcraft, Halo, Zelda and Mario leave very little to be desired and are probably my top played IP of all time.

I'd probably stop playing video games if I could only play 1 franchise. No singular franchise or genre would be worth only playing, and my favorite franchise (Elder Scrolls) comes out so infrequently I'd get bored of even something like Oblivion or Skyrim after the 1000th playthrough
ESO.

AndrewRyan

Sometimes I refer to my gaming dark ages where I was really disillusioned with games, disappointed with all my fav IP and stopped spending money on gaming completely for years.

What I was actually doing that whole time was playing Starcraft.
Wow, that's an obsession! It's my first RTS and am comically bad but still enjoy it . A company I worked for sponsored a team and we once had a commentator!

Myths

Final Fantasy. According to Google there are 95 including all the spin offs.
Not to mention it would take a lifetime to figure out all of each game under the hood with each play through, be it mechanics or plot. There’s a lot to be uncovered.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Mario. Because then I get to play platformers obviously, but also rpg's, karting games, sport games, party games and even turn based strategy games.

Raonak

Banned
Devil May Cry I never ever get sick of.

Oh yeah, Final Fantasy for the insane amount of diversity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom