• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could snatch one first party studio from "other console manufacturer" (Sony or Microsoft) which one would it be and why?

John254

Banned
For me it would for sure be Insomniac Games. I loved Sunset Overdrive and Ratchet & Clank is one game that i would buy PS5 for.
This is one Sony acquisition where I was sad, that i would not see any of their games on Xbox platforms.

Edit: And I mean first party studio with all staff and all their IP's

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Microsoft letting Insomniac go was the biggest fuck up they could have done, but Naughty Dog is the only right answer for them.

A good MS company for Sony would be Playground, as what they have done with Forza for the Horizon series Sony o my wish they could do with GT.

Radical_3d

Meh. I’d loved pre-Reach Bungie but that doesn’t exist anymore. I’d change any possible output from any MS studio for having Halo CE, Halo 3 and ODST in my PlayStation. But I guess I’m condemned to keep having MS consoles for those 3 games.

Roberts

I wouldn't mind having Santa Monica studios on MS roster. God of War is the only Sony exclusive that totally blew my socks off and I'm curious what they are up to with their next project(s). I loved that the game's main goal wasn't to save the world or something similar, but just to bury your wife and that kind of quietly subtle storytelling is missing from most of MS 1st party games. I haven't played TLOU2 yet, but Naughty Dog's previous few games didn't really work for me at all, because of their repetitive and outdated gameplay, so Sony can have them.

As o'dium already mentioned, Sony could only benefit from Playground.

SaucyJack

As someone who will buy PlayStation first my answer is no one.

Because a) I have no problem buying an Xbox if I want to play their games (like I did with the first two consoles) and b) Microsoft make it increasingly easy for me to play their games on PC.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'd love to see halo on ps

Who doesn't want see a lesbian master chief

Sony adaption

ioVlmov.jpg

Mistress LGBT: The Master Gay Collection

Last edited:

Roberts

Op you make it sound like it's not possible to own multiple consoles.

You have a point there and I guess many of us do own both consoles. That said, I'm sticking to only one console next gen, because there is always one console that I use so much more than the other and as the years go by, it start to feel like a waste of money just to have a console that barely gets turned on and mostly just collects dust. No disrespect to Sony fans - I know many of you feel the same way about Xbox and it is totally fine.

John254

Banned
Op you make it sound like it's not possible to own multiple consoles.
As someone who will buy PlayStation first my answer is no one.

Because a) I have no problem buying an Xbox if I want to play their games (like I did with the first two consoles) and b) Microsoft make it increasingly easy for me to play their games on PC.
thanks for showing up and "muhhhh i can afford both" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It was supposed to be funny discussion about studios one group of fans envy about other console, but i see, we can't have that. We must complicate everything

FYI: I can too. But that is not the point

Aion002

The Gears studio.

And Sony should allow them to do whatever game they want.

The Siren Team.

And MS should allow them to make a triple A game.

sublimit

Banned
For now i don't think there is any MS studio that Sony would benefit from or has a particular need to have it. But we have yet to see what a lot of these studios can do under MS's umbrella.At the end of this upcoming gen we'll have a clearer idea.Same goes for MS acquiring any Sony studios.It's too early to tell what would be the most wise choice before knowing what MS's newly acquired studios can do.Ideally they need to buy studios that don't overlap in terms of creativity with what they already have.

Nintendo on the other hand definitely has a lot of studios that both Sony and MS would benefit from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom