• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

If you dont date Black Woman as a White Man, you guessed it. Racist and White Privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valued Gamer

Banned
Oct 26, 2020
"To the white men who told me that they “prefer” white women

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 4:54pm

ALLISON BROWN

MiC Columnist

*This piece has been expanded to include an addendum, Click here.*

I am sorry, but exclusively dating white women is not “just a preference.”

At the root of your exclusion of women of color from your dating pool lies a deep-seated allegiance to whiteness so that you and your kin can continue to benefit from white privilege. Further, straying from white women as your partners of choice could have dastardly consequences that result in the dilution of your family and your own perceived whiteness.

So, let’s make it clear: No one is the passive victim of their own internalized biases. It is not a coincidence that the girl that you had relations with last week looks like your sister, mom, aunt or the random Gap ad you found yourself staring at for a little too long.

You have had choices this cuffing season and every other cuffing season. And to think that you don’t, or that your romantic attraction is out of your control, you’re kidding both yourself and everyone around you.

You exclusively date white women because trying to understand someone else’s world is too difficult — and white privilege is as valuable as gold in a country overflowing with Trump apologists and white resentment.

Not to mention, there is a worldwide cultural obsession with looking, acting and appealing to whiteness in romance. Many women of color are encouraged from a young age to use skin-lightening creams, use apps to make their eyes wider and conform to white societal standards of beauty. The entire world is tied into this white privilege.

And you, Mr. “I-only-date-white-girls” reinforce the intrinsic value of whiteness in this nation.

Saying that you “prefer” white women is racist. Well, maybe not racist to you, except it’s hard for me to find another word to refer to someone making negative assessments of large groups of individuals that they’ve never met, based solely on the color of their skin. It’s ultimately a bigoted and harmful way to think about potential partners.

Saying that you prefer certain women to others not only reinforces stereotypes about women of color, but white women too. Arguing that you prefer white women based on the presuppositions that white women are inherently more beautiful, passive, kind or financially-stable is — you guessed it — racist!

And not only is it racist, but it’s insincere.

You know that a white woman will let you ignore your privilege a lot more than a woman of color will. Shoot, a majority of white women voted for Trump. For the most part, women of color aren’t going to put up with that. Unless her name is Omarosa.

Let me be clear: I don’t expect you to reject your white privilege.

But don’t act like you don’t have it, like you’re not protecting it or that it doesn’t exist."

https://www.michigandaily.com/section/mic/white-men-who-told-me-they-“prefer”-white-women

And on the other side of this, if a White guy prefers Black women, he is accused of "fetishising" Black women.

There are white guys who like black chick's. Find one of them. Then you will be happy.

Puncheur

Jun 11, 2020
You'll never win with these people. If you do date a black woman as a white man you're accused of fetishising blackness. The best course of action is to self-segragate from anti-racists. Anyone who defines themselves by their race etc and blathers on about nothing else is best avoided.

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Yeah but what if they don't want to date me?

Vick

Apr 27, 2020
This may be the most unscientific thing i've ever read in my entire life.
Even most religions have, and actually quite alot, possible roots in science. This just goes against nature laws in an insulting manner.

• Fire
Reactions: CGiRanger

It's Jeff

Aug 28, 2015
Okay. Let's look at the numbers:

If you'll take a look at the circled figures, you'll see that there is a problem with how white men rate black women. As do Latino and Asian men. Worth investigating, for sure. BUT... more to the point, black women seem to have distaste for every race besides black.

So the next time some dumbass decides to say, "You exclusively date white women because trying to understand someone else’s world is too difficult," remember this chart. Based on the data, black women are *decidedly* against understanding anybody's world but their own.

eot

Banned
Apr 13, 2012
Is this a form of negging?

To me it reads like she's the one with internalised issues, not the white men. She is the one wanting to date them, or she wouldn't care about this.

Mar 3, 2020
I would agree but growing up i had huge crushes on Kristen Wilson and Jennifer Freeman.

My ex wife is mixed race, my first wife was from Asia. Nothing wrong with some shade. I wouldn't kick either of those ladies out of bed. Nothing to do with culture, it's purely a visual asthetic thing. Dick wants what the dick wants. And thanks to my recent DNA test I can play the race card. 9% Nigerian or other unspecified region of Africa baby! (Great Grandad was from Maritius)

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Why should skin color even be a factor? To anyone?

There are a lot more physical characteristics that differ on average from race to race than just color of skin.

If your "type" is oh, say, natural blonde or redhead how many black men/women/confused does that leave in the dating pool? Not too many.

What confuses me is that a white person wearing corn rows is cultural appropriation but a white person who prefers dating white people is racist. You idiots can't have it both ways. At least come up with a logically consistent position to preach racism from.

You can't tell people what their gender is but you can give them shit for their sexual preference? GTFO of here.

Next you're going to tell me I'm a white supremacist because I eat rice chex instead of cocoa puffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Punkster88

Riven326

Banned
Mar 25, 2019
United States
Why should skin color even be a factor? To anyone?
Because eventually you gotta meet the family. :messenger_smirking:

Seriously though. It's nobody's business but your own. If you don't find black women attractive, that's just how it is. Plenty of blacks that don't find whites attractive. But of course, that's never talked about because there's always a goddamn agenda with these people.

I find people of all different races attractive. But I'll be damned if I'm going to allow someone else to tell me what I must find attractive, who I must date otherwise I'm racist, etc. And I notice it's always white people that are the target of this shit.

GeorgPrime

Bonus Member
Jan 9, 2020
I onky flirted once in my life with a black woman at evening school but she was really hot and a mix between black & white. Caramel.

She was really nerdy too and funny.

Since then i never met a black woman that i find attractive again. Whoever thinks that is racist is just a useless idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caffeine

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
The article talks about “women of colour”. There are many white guys who have yellow fever. Aren't Asian women “women of colour”?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Punkster88

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Maybe it’s time to seperate. And I don’t mean racially, I mean the woke state of chad kind of separation, off you go.

• Empathy
Reactions: Shaqazooloo
Status
Not open for further replies.