• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have a US PT license, you may be able to download PT using this tool - Reddit

Edit: reupload courtesy Astarte, apparently the original "suwi" has been deleted
I've reuploaded Suwi for users that didn't get to download the game!

Enjoy the game guys (and thank you to the person who made suwi of course), and thank you to the OP for reminding me.

/* THIS REQUIRES THAT YOU ALREADY OWN A LICENSE TO PT FROM THE US/CAN REGION. It will not work if you have an EU/AS/JP license. */
Also... use at your own risk! It may be against Sony's TOS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3wy4ct/video_proof_inside_this_allows_the_legendary_game/
P.T. is the latest game from the brilliant Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus. But it was deleted from PSN, preventing people from re-downloading.
But now you can re-download it directly from PS4 thanks to this app.

video proof and tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoW3vdm5yLM [1]

step-by-step guide: http://gamexeon.com/forum/threads/c...silent-hills-tanpa-repot.100015/#post-1435200[2]

quick guide:
  • Download and install SUWI (check all options) (link available in reddit post)
  • Set your PS4 to use your PC as proxy
  • Download P.T. from Library :)
The app then needs to be removed from your PC using the following steps.

I personally have not done this because my ISP/router here blocks proxy stuff, no idea what's going on there but I can't be bothered sorting it. But I wish I could :(

Some people in the comments note that this works and I don't think it's piracy as you need to already have a US license (meaning you got it when it was free and deleted it for whatever reason), and I'm pretty sure some people use apps like this on PC to download PS4 games and transfer them if they have slow internet at home.

I checked with charlequin and Y2Kev who said it was okay to post this, but if the situation changes then please lock the thread.
and then make it so that anyone who closes the tab can never see it again lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So the files are still on Sony's servers?

edit: ahh, it just redirects your PS4 to a mirror.

If this works, any chance the method will stay up for a while? Can't try this immediately unfortunately.
Well I remember like last year or early this year there was a tool that allowed people to download games on their laptop at a public wifi place, for example, and then when they got home do this and point the PS4 at the files on their computer - but I'm not sure if this is the same thing or if it'll be patched. :/ I contemplated not posting this as I didn't want it to blow up and then get fixed but I also figured there was a chance it'd get fixed anyway before anyone got to try it.
This is the same method that was used to get into the PS3 Warhawk beta back in 2007. Good times!
Hmm... maybe it's possible it'll stay up then?

Is there any risk of getting banned from PSN by using this? Seems ok to me, but I just bought a PS4 so I dont want any trouble.

Edit: "You can say this is a gray area. Sony prohibit the use of third party apps and sharing. Fortunately, as far as i know, Sony has never banned people for using third party apps and sharing on PS4. But remember, all risk is yours, and feel free to post a comment"

Well ok.

Is there any risk of getting banned from PSN by using this? Seems ok to me, but I just bought a PS4 so I dont want any trouble.
I don't know :/ both the OP on reddit and someone in the comments posted that they did it and this was a good 8+ hours ago.

Edit: also this is a similar thing and I don't think anyone's been banned for using it...

Just finished downloading it using this method and it worked. I claimed the game on the psn site back before I had a ps4.
Dont really care if something happens to my account since I stick with physical stuff but we'll see.

Just finished downloading it using this method and it worked. I claimed the game on the psn site back before I had a ps4.
Dont really care if something happens to my account since I stick with physical stuff but we'll see.

I just tried it and it's working fine, I'll report back if I'm banned from PSN, haha.
Oooh, thanks for reporting back guys! So tempted... but dunno if I wanna risk my account.

OSHAN

Why can't this "demo" just die already?

P_T_Lisa_Bathroom.jpg

kogasu

MMMMMmmmm.... to try or not to try... I would certainly hate to get banned but I've always really wanted to play this game... Thanks for bringing it to our attention either way OP. I may just try it.

LiK

pretty sad people need to do this. PT is a one of a kind and a great experiment. wish there was a way for Sony to be allowed to keep this on their servers. Fucking Konami.

Alo0oy

Banned
I have over a hundred digital PS4 games on my account and god knows how many PS3 games, I don't think it's a good idea to risk it just for PT lol.

mileS

Goddamn I really might try this. I'm bummed I was an idiot and didn't redownload it.

Can't compare to the feeling of deleting it because of that "select all" box when you want to select something to delete. The fact that it goes to that as a first option is beyond me. Just wasn't thinking and tap tap boom its gone because I tried to delete another game install. Still pissed.

11redder

Goddamn, this is awesome. My hard drive started acting up about a week after PT was pulled and I had to reformat it, before finally replacing it. I thought I'd never get to play PT again.

Definitely gonna try this later.

Why would they pull this when I can still download delisted games like Outrun Online Arcade (Sega doesn't even have the Ferrari license any more)?

Sorry, P.T. I won't delete you in rage next time.

Only question is if there's any chance that this can get your account banned.

I don't think Sony is in the business of punishing people for downloading games they own. The only ones who would have any issue with this is Konami. All Sony will do is try to patch the hole.

finalflame

Gold Member
Yup, it worked. Wow, this is awesome. Some of those "PS4 w/ PT installed" prices on eBay are about to go waaaay down.

Top Bottom