• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have gotten a PlayStation 5 or an Xbox Series X, will you sell or give away your PlayStation 4 (Pro) and/ or Xbox One (S/X)?

If you have a new-generation console, what will you do with your previous-gen console(s)?

• I will keep my previous-gen console(s)

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I will sell my previous-gen console(s)

Votes: 67 39.4%
  • I will give my previous-gen console(s) away for free

Votes: 36 21.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I will sell one/ some of them and give the other(s) away

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

Iorv3th

Since PS5 can play all my ps4 stuff i gave my ps4 to a friend that didn't have one so he can play call of duty with us.

kiphalfton

Literally zero reason to keep an old console around if the next version of the console is backwards compatible.

If what I said above is true, then you have to think about this stuff as well:
- The previous console is X years old, and the likelihood of it dying gets higher the older it is.
- It's just going to sit there. Maybe on a shelf, maybe on a box, but it's still clutter to me.
- Could use the money I get from selling the console, and put it towards the new console (video games, accessories, etc.).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Already gave my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X away to my niece and nephew.
lucky bastards. I plan to give ps4 slim to my nephews for chistmas.
Yet I kept my old 360 because there are some unique games there

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I sold my Pro this week. I have a decent DD library. PS5 is quiet, faster. Got 420 bucks for the Pro and games in total.

cragarmi

I have donated my pro to a charity who provide consoles for children's hospitals/treatment centres around the UK. That way I know it will go to somewhere it will be appreciated.

No, because I can use old systems to do direct comparisons and then put up videos on youtube titled "Xbox Series X Kills PS5 Specs" or vice versa and watch the idiotic 30 year old grown "men" get angry and started flaming in comments causing videos to go viral while I sit back and laugh and count my money and purposely respond with more flammotory triggering comments that drives fanboys up the wall for more social media engagement.

Remember stupid people (which is majority of the world) are good to use and abuse if you are a smart individual who knows how to make money. I love stupid people, make me rich $$$$. Profit.

As harsh as this sounds, you know its true.

Last edited:

timmyp53

I have a ps4 pro that isn't being used. Not sure what to do with it. I've never sold a console I've only given them away.

Top Bottom