• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you liked Splatoon then you'll love Paper Mario!

clemenx

Banned
People losing their minds over a tongue in cheek ad? How cute and unexpected.

GEaUq6v.gif

It's always been weird for me when there's a thread hardcore dissecting Nintendo ads clearly aimed at kids and young teens.

Toxi

Banned
Nintendo must be desperate if they feel the need to advertise their games.
Of all the things to complain about, Nintendo advertising a game is the most bizarre. I know Federation Force being dropped like a shit bag on a doorstep might give people the impression Nintendo doesn't like making money, but they actually do want to sell their games to people.

Considering that many people more casual than the average GAF poster enjoy games for their aesthetics and tone more than the specific genre the games fit in, it's honestly not that bad of an ad. It's not crazy that Color Splash would appeal to someone who likes Splatoon.

exfatal

Considering that many people more casual than the average GAF poster enjoy games for their aesthetics and tone more than the specific genre the games fit in, it's honestly not that bad of an ad. It's not crazy that Color Splash would appeal to someone who likes Splatoon.

Whoa dont you go making sense now!! I much rather just complain about an ad that isnt directed at me for a game i already decided to hate and not try. Stop with the sense making damn you >_>

Seriously though the responses in this thread is borderline sad.

Miroku129

I like the ad, it has a nice humor and makes the game seem funny. I don't get all the hate.

What if a child enjoy Splatoon and see this ad, then asks his parents to buy him Paper Mario: Color Splash because he LOVES the shooter gameplay of Splatoon and want more of the same?

Paper Mario isnt a shooter!

Think of the children!

Mory Dunz

"If you liked Paper Mario then....maybe you'll like this new Paper Mario...possibly. 50/50 on a good day. Not making any promises"

is surprisingly more accurate.

Bakkus

Paper Mario or Metroid, which fanbase is the worst and most entitled one?

I don't think you know what entitled means. Any fanbase of any franchise would be terrible and 'entitled' in your opinion should their beloved series get screwed over like those two have.

Top Bottom