• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You're an A****le, I Don't Want You As A Customer - Publisher Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutta

Banned
“I Am only Concerned with Serving Customers Who have Their Hearts in the Right Place.” - Stefan Marcinek, Founder and CEO of Assemble Entertainment

StefanMarcinek_CEO_Founder_Assemble_AT_GermanDevDays_StephanReichert-1024x576.png

If you are one of those people who can’t accept others because they don’t fit your worldview, because they are gay, lesbian, bi, trans or queer, who considers people with a different skin color, religion or ancestry than your own to be foreign or abnormal, who can’t stand them or even insults them, in what way ever, or who is incapable of respecting women and is violent; who votes for “parties” that are disgusting and inhuman, supports them, sympathizes with them or is active as a politician for them (yes, I’m referring especially to the AfD in Germany), then I want to make this perfectly clear:

I don’t want you as a customer!
I don’t want to see you at our events or conferences. Neither as a visitor nor as a speaker!

I don’t want to have anything at all to do with you!

If you are one of those people and are about to buy one of our games: Don’t!

If you bought one of our games and can still return it: Do so!

https://thisgengaming.com/2021/07/23/who-i-dont-want-as-a-customer/

If you have a problem with me than cry me a river and drown yourself in it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

radewagon

Private business makes choice that affects said business. This should be a non-issue, no?

EDIT: LOL, they publish Leisure Suit Larry. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Good luck with that ideology. Singling out people based on their views kind of sounds like a nicer version of communism. "You must like, think like me, if not your are shit and unfit" Sounds super familiar to a specific group that wars have been fought over?

Like it's one thing to be a bigot, spewing hate, and just being nasty. But I guess thats where this gets really fucked in terms of terminology. Discriminating someone for their race, sex, religion or even lifestyle choices is being discriminating, or a form of Bigotry.

But disagreeing with someone or voting for someone who does not share your opinion/Ideology is not the same as hate speech or being a bigot.
And thats where all this is fucked, thats why Resetera is a shit place to even talk video games.

Thats what makes me angry is this pre-conceieved universal acceptance of specific topics that are all looped into one. Like even if you are respectful with what people want to be called, or treated, if you are not for their movement your automatically a piece of shit. How the fuck does that make sense?
God I wish Fight Club was real and we literally had a group that blew up all the servers for social media. It would force people to literally interreact and be in reality. Then both sides would see how fucking stupid they are.

Glad political section is gone from this site to be honest.
Seeing articles like this on reset were fucking so infuriating when all I wanted to do was talk about video games, comics and stuff I grew up on.

But people think using forums to talk about political issues or movements is a positive for enforcing that movement or getting traction. If you think POlicy is won by how loud you shout on a fucking message board or tweet then you need to get your fucking head examined.
Change starts when people actually have the balls to physically talk/interact with one another. No skin is in the game with you behind a avatar or account.

These clowns are part of the problem and dont understand that they are harming more than improving the movement for LGBTQ. Forcing acceptance through sheer canceling, and making up terms of what is and isn't bigotry's/Discrimination is why everyone is yelling at one another.
But the issue is people like them feel pressured on one hand not to make a scene to put their stance on issues, the other is doing this also is a form of false sense of acceptance. Which is what the whole social media generation literally live by.

God I hope this thread gets nuked I'm getting pissed writing this.

Last edited:
I am not sure that alienating a potential audience is a smart decision businesswise. I'm not so sure than insulting people you strongly disagree with will help changing their views or making the world a better place either. This kind of attitude only makes one sound like entitled assholes themselves, to be honest.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Good luck with that ideology. Singling out people based on their views kind of sounds like a nicer version of communism. "You must like, think like me, if not your are shit and unfit" Sounds super familiar to a specific group that wars have been fought over?

Like it's one thing to be a bigot, spewing hate, and I guess thats where this gets really fucked in terms of terminology. Discriminating someone for their race, sex, religion or even lifestyle choices is what it is. But disagreeing with someone or voting for someone who does not share your opinion is not the same as hate speech or being a bigot.
And thats where all this is fucked, thats why Resetera is a shit place to even talk video games.

God I wish Fight Club was real and we literally had a group that blew up all the servers for social media. It would force people to literally interreact and be in reality. Then both sides would see how fucking stupid they are.

Seeing articles like this on reset were fucking so infuriating when all I wanted to do was talk about video games, comics and stuff I grew up on.

But people think using forums to talk about political issues or movements is a positive for enforcing that movement or getting traction. If you think POlicy is won by how loud you shout on a fucking message board or tweet then you need to get your fucking head examined.

Change starts when people actually have the balls to physically talk/interact with one another. No skin is in the game with you behind a avatar or account.
Shut up, bigot. Jk. Gold worthy post. Social media is largely terrible.

Like it's one thing to be a bigot, spewing hate, and I guess thats where this gets really fucked in terms of terminology. Discriminating someone for their race, sex, religion or even lifestyle choices is what it is. But disagreeing with someone or voting for someone who does not share your opinion is not the same as hate speech or being a bigot.

These people only want to feel good about themselves. They don't care about change (otherwise they'd do something in the real world). Their only goal is to a) feel superior to everyone else and b) get approval from other simpletons so they can confirm their superiority. That's it.

Topher

Gold Member
Guy just proved someone can be nothing like what he described and still be an asshole so.....

cheater abuser GIF

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Shut up, bigot. Jk. Gold worthy post. Social media is largely terrible.

yea, glad I never got into it. I never got a twitter, instagram, tiktok, and hardly use facebook outside of ordering food/marketplace for motorcycles and occasionally talking to friends that live across the country.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
header.jpg

says the guy who publishes leisure suit larry. lol yeah you are a moral high standard

Its okay to think that. I think that way pretty much but im not militant about it. I will still talk and act civilized to those I do not care for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom