• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGA talks rondo of blood PSP, a little POR, and next gen castlevania

Chemo

klee123 said:
You know, if he leaves, it could mean NO MORE CASTLEVANIA PERIOD.
No, it couldn't. For the third time this week: Unless you have EVIDENCE from Konami corporate bigwigs who say that IGA is the only reason Castlevania still gets made, this popular opinion is steaming bullshit internet speculation. I mean, where the **** does this come from? Are people really under the impression that Konami keeps the Castlevania franchise around just so IGA and his team can have jobs? If Konami didn't want Castlevania, Konami would fire IGA and his team -- or assimilate them into other various teams and just be done with it. If IGA were gone, they'd hire someone else to do his job. Period.

Hyoushi

manzo said:
Aw c'mon Duck, imagine if he would actually leave. Then you and Jiji couldn't bitch at me for drooling for the next Igavania. :)

That would make me a sad panda. :(
Ignore duckroll. I think he's only bitter for losing at Worms. huahua

Kittonwy

Banned
duckroll said:
OH LORD JESUS PLEASE LET THIS MAN WIN THE LOTTERY! HE DESERVES IT, AND SO DO WE! PLEASSSSSSSSSSE! :D

Who is Konami going to put in his place? Is there any talent left at KCET?

I'd say outsource it to SCEA Santa Monica (not that they would want it) and let Sony fund/publish/promote it.

Indifferent2.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Synbios459 said:
Was the extra area in the Saturn version as bad as he says?

There were actually two I think. Underground Prison (not bad, actually connected two areas) and the Garden of Madness (which I personally think was useless).

ferricide

here's the hate i was craving. :rolleyes

Y2Kevbug11 said:
There were actually two I think. Underground Prison (not bad, actually connected two areas) and the Garden of Madness (which I personally think was useless).
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/8951

sharkey and parish go through the SS version of SOTN here. i think parish really over-hams the hate. it's just a mediocre port, nothing more, nothing less. it does highlight how kinda lame the enemies and stuff in the new area are, though, which i'd kind of forgotten. i wouldn't be optimistic about seeing it in the PSP version...

open_mouth_ said:
how about a castlevania or a metroid using a little big planet type engine?

That would be AWESOME.

Getting stuck fighting against physics-based geometry doesn't lend itself to Castlevania and definitely not to Metroid. Speedrun kids would cry.

manzo

Hyoushi said:
Ignore duckroll. I think he's only bitter for losing at Worms. huahua

Mwahahah

Yes, we indeed taught duckroll some discipline. And we shouldn't stop.

Hyoushi, when you're ready, let us do battle in RR6.

Martoo said:
After playing Castlevania POR for a while now. I'm really starting to pine for old school Castlevania. No stupid anime characters, no stupid story line, no leveling up or back tracking. Just a good damn Castlevania game that kicks arse.

I PINE!

Too bad. DS is teh kiddeh, PSP only gets remakes and ports, and consoles only get the shitty 3D games. C'est la vie.

You know what, I honestly wouldn't mind taking over Castlevania myself. Seriously. I would be more than willing to take IGA's place. BRING IT KONAMI!

Vrolokus

Banned
I'm still holding on to a totally irrational, ludicrous hope that MS - in an attempt to capture the heart of hardcore gamers - will throw some moneyhats Konami's way to make a 2D or 2.5D true successor to SOTN for the 360.

I refuse to accept 2D-style Castlevanias for the consoles are dead. I REFUSE. Don't tell me otherwise!

I said don't tell me! *fingers in ears* I'M NOT LISTENING I'M NOT LISTENING I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA!!!!

Top Bottom